“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Sacramento B&B and Inns
california
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

Thank you to the Staff at Inn and Spa at Parkside. Your care and attention to ensure that we had a great anniversary made our stay that much more special. The spa was great and we loved the "Dream" room. Wow! Breakfast in Bed. Yahoo! Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

This was my third time staying at the Inn over the last two years and definetly won't be my last. I have stayed in two different rooms and they were both amazing. The rooms are very spacious with all the bells and wistles. Cal King bed, great bedding, jacuzzi tub, flat screen tv with cable and surprisingly DVR, great shower and lots of little extras. The location is very good. Across the street is a great park for jogging or just taking a stroll, and the Inn is in walking distance of many great Sacramento restaurants and bars.

The staff at the Inn is amazing. From the Inn keeper to the owner everyone was extremely nice and made us feel at home. They have a wine and cheese hour everynight with good wines and a nice selection of cheese,crakers, and salami. The owner Diane is always a blast.

I have had a couple of treatments from the estitician Kristin and they were amazing. She does a great job of making you very comfortable and I always leave feeling extremely relaxed.

If that wasn't enough they come to your room in the morning and serve breakfast in bed. Now that is service. Coffee, juice, fruit, and oh yeh eggs, bacon, pigs in a blanket, chiliqueles(never mind the spelling its good).

I obviously love this place and can't say enough great things about it. Go you won't regret it. Ask for the room Dream if you are in a romantic mood, it is the best.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Fair Oaks, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

A bed & breakfast is a home away from home, and we want it to feel like our home, not someone else’s. A great example of this is the Inn & Spa at Parkside in downtown Sacramento. My guess is this was probably our 50th stay in a bed & breakfast since the early 1980s. We usually shun hotels because of their predictability. Parkside is a refreshing change from that. We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary at Parkside and will remember pleasant memories that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

I had a last minute trip to Sacramento for business reasons and needed a convenient, comfortable place to stay. For a stressful trip, this was the perfect antidote. The staff was professional when I called, I got a same day reservation discount. Everything was easy. The reservation, parking was convenient and free, the place is centrally located and my room, which was the lowest rung, was anything but. The huge bed with a canopy had this amazing mattress. I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The staff was helpful; even calling back after I hung up after answering my question on my own. The temperature was comfortable, even though I am used to A/C, which in my new home of San Diego, is something people seem to be used to living without. (I can't.) The fan was adequate though and I did not wake up in a sweat!
What else. The building was stunning. Old and charming, but clean and not over-accessorized. My room had a large canopy, kind of a safari theme, and a full length mirror in the bathroom, cozy robes. The mirror above the bed could have seemed cheesy (esp hilarious, since I was by myself and clearly this was a romantic room for 2), but wasn't. And breakfast was offered in the room or downstairs. I opted for an early in-room breakfast, which was DELICIOUS. Was just what I wanted. I'm an oatmeal/whole grain breakfast fan. And there were many good selections of teas, so I was happy. My oatmeal, fresh fruit, orange juice and a Belgian waffle. Couldn't believe I scarfed it all down. But somehow I managed. I didn't check out the spa features, but happily enjoyed what else was to offer. Did not turn on the TV once, but listened to the spa-like relaxation music the whole time to combat any stress of my trip. There was free wine/cheese/crackers at night also.
The owner chatted with me a bit, asking about my day. Was kind and thoughtful, but not overly intrusive. I am usually a bit more social, but just was so tired that I happily hibernated in my cozy room.

I arrived way early and was just going to drop off my bags, but the host checked my room and said I could check in now. They were very accomodating and even though I didn't take advantage of the lovely backyard/porch area and this peaceful sitting area outside my room, it was just what I needed.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

I was lucky enough to find the Inn at Parkside about a year ago and don't stay anywhere else when I'm in Sacramento for business. Diane and her staff are fantastic and always go above and beyond to ensure that my stays are wonderful. The rooms are very comfortable (Destiny is my personal favorite) and the beds are incredible--most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! If you are a business traveler, give this place a try. Its such a refreshing change from being in a hotel and you can't beat having a gourmet breakfast in a warm and comfortable environment.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

My girlfriend took me there for my birthday at the end of Nov. We stayed in, "Dream" which is the name of one of their suites. They name all of their suites there are no numbers. Our room had a heavenly king size bed with a temperpedic top. There was a large jetted tub in the room. The bathroom had a 5 head shower/spa. The only hard part of the stay was getting out of the bed early enough to eat our homemade breakfast while it was still hot. Did i mention the couples massage that we had? Pat was my masseuse and she was great, very strong, a real pro. She gave me a wonderful deep tissue massage,(which isn't easy on me, as I'm a large man). I would recommend it to anyone who needs an immediate dose of pampered relaxation. I've since been back and stayed in "Kiss" which was equally restful and relaxing

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2009

We stayed in the "Lounge" room last June. The inn is unique, beautiful, luxurious, has lovely art and decor in the public areas. If you can take advantage of their last minute specials, it is a fantastic bargain, probably the best in Sacramento. I liked the park location, and the big trees outside the giant, arched windows in our room. The chaise lounge was so comfy for reading the morning paper, as was the King bed. Got a great nights sleep, very quiet , and I am a light sleeper. Too hot to use the fireplace, but the room certainly has all the elements for romance. I have 2 caveats for anyone considering renting this room, though. One, the king bed is just too large for the size of the room, and if you want to get to the desk, fireplace or closet, you either bang your foot on the bed's footboard, or hit your shoulder on the glass shelf which holds the tv/vcr remotes. There is very little clearance there, and I left with numerous bruises because I kept forgeting to tread carefully when heading to the closet. It was very frustrating and I would have asked to be moved had I paid the $379 advertised price for the room. You can see looking at the website how close everything is in that little corner, due to the outside balcony space intruding on the square footage of the room. The other "oddity", which in fairness, IS alluded to on their site: there is no separate bathroom, only a "water closet" for the toilet. Everything else is right there in the room. Not that that's a negative necessarily, unless you are a private person and want to brush your teeth without an audience. It all felt a little cramped to me, just a matter of personal preference, but a surprise nonetheless. The hot breakfast was good, I especially liked the fresh raspberries, real cloth napkins, and being able to eat, alone on our tiny little balcony in the sun. It was delivered 1/2 hour late, though, and I feel at a "luxury inn" they should have let us know they were running behind. Instead, we called them at 25 min. after, to inquire if they'd forgotten us. When the tray arrived, no one apologized. We were anxious to take off for Yosemite, and that added little bit of time and stress does not befit a 1st class inn stay. I would definitely return, but call first and make sure they room is more spacious next time.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple