“Nice weekend stay”

Ranked #2 of 14 Sacramento B&B and Inns
Santa Clara, California
“Nice weekend stay”
Reviewed 26 October 2009

My girlfriend and I went here for a weekend stay to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. It was a very cozy place. The main level was a common area, all the rooms were upstairs, and in the basement was where they provide spa services. We booked the "Destiny" room, which had a a viewing direction towards the park across the street. It helped that the window was mostly blocked by trees, so we weren't worried about people peering in. The room was a decent size, we didn't feel cramped or anything. When we arrived in the afternoon, we had time to enjoy some complimentary cheese and wine. The staff was very friendly when we had any questions, and otherwise did not bother us while we were in our rooms. We got the couples massage and hot tub soak. It was our first massage, and was quite nice. We were afraid it might be awkward to be naked under a towel during the massage, but the masseuses (I forget their names) made it a very pleasant experience. The chocolate covered strawberries and champagne during the tub soak helped as well! Breakfast in bed the next morning was nice as well, though I wish there was a little more food (I was still kind of hungry afterwards). Overall I would recommend this place to anybody looking for a relaxing stay in a small cozy place. My only complaint is that there is not much to do within walking distance of the estate, but I suppose if you plan on staying in bed all day then that's not an issue at all :)

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sacramento
Reviewed 12 October 2009

A great getaway for a relaxing evening. The spa services are very good and reasonable.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
california
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Thank you to the Staff at Inn and Spa at Parkside. Your care and attention to ensure that we had a great anniversary made our stay that much more special. The spa was great and we loved the "Dream" room. Wow! Breakfast in Bed. Yahoo! Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
sacramento
Reviewed 18 August 2009

This was my third time staying at the Inn over the last two years and definetly won't be my last. I have stayed in two different rooms and they were both amazing. The rooms are very spacious with all the bells and wistles. Cal King bed, great bedding, jacuzzi tub, flat screen tv with cable and surprisingly DVR, great shower and lots of little extras. The location is very good. Across the street is a great park for jogging or just taking a stroll, and the Inn is in walking distance of many great Sacramento restaurants and bars.

The staff at the Inn is amazing. From the Inn keeper to the owner everyone was extremely nice and made us feel at home. They have a wine and cheese hour everynight with good wines and a nice selection of cheese,crakers, and salami. The owner Diane is always a blast.

I have had a couple of treatments from the estitician Kristin and they were amazing. She does a great job of making you very comfortable and I always leave feeling extremely relaxed.

If that wasn't enough they come to your room in the morning and serve breakfast in bed. Now that is service. Coffee, juice, fruit, and oh yeh eggs, bacon, pigs in a blanket, chiliqueles(never mind the spelling its good).

I obviously love this place and can't say enough great things about it. Go you won't regret it. Ask for the room Dream if you are in a romantic mood, it is the best.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Fair Oaks, CA
Reviewed 18 August 2009

A bed & breakfast is a home away from home, and we want it to feel like our home, not someone else’s. A great example of this is the Inn & Spa at Parkside in downtown Sacramento. My guess is this was probably our 50th stay in a bed & breakfast since the early 1980s. We usually shun hotels because of their predictability. Parkside is a refreshing change from that. We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary at Parkside and will remember pleasant memories that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I had a last minute trip to Sacramento for business reasons and needed a convenient, comfortable place to stay. For a stressful trip, this was the perfect antidote. The staff was professional when I called, I got a same day reservation discount. Everything was easy. The reservation, parking was convenient and free, the place is centrally located and my room, which was the lowest rung, was anything but. The huge bed with a canopy had this amazing mattress. I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The staff was helpful; even calling back after I hung up after answering my question on my own. The temperature was comfortable, even though I am used to A/C, which in my new home of San Diego, is something people seem to be used to living without. (I can't.) The fan was adequate though and I did not wake up in a sweat!
What else. The building was stunning. Old and charming, but clean and not over-accessorized. My room had a large canopy, kind of a safari theme, and a full length mirror in the bathroom, cozy robes. The mirror above the bed could have seemed cheesy (esp hilarious, since I was by myself and clearly this was a romantic room for 2), but wasn't. And breakfast was offered in the room or downstairs. I opted for an early in-room breakfast, which was DELICIOUS. Was just what I wanted. I'm an oatmeal/whole grain breakfast fan. And there were many good selections of teas, so I was happy. My oatmeal, fresh fruit, orange juice and a Belgian waffle. Couldn't believe I scarfed it all down. But somehow I managed. I didn't check out the spa features, but happily enjoyed what else was to offer. Did not turn on the TV once, but listened to the spa-like relaxation music the whole time to combat any stress of my trip. There was free wine/cheese/crackers at night also.
The owner chatted with me a bit, asking about my day. Was kind and thoughtful, but not overly intrusive. I am usually a bit more social, but just was so tired that I happily hibernated in my cozy room.

I arrived way early and was just going to drop off my bags, but the host checked my room and said I could check in now. They were very accomodating and even though I didn't take advantage of the lovely backyard/porch area and this peaceful sitting area outside my room, it was just what I needed.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I was lucky enough to find the Inn at Parkside about a year ago and don't stay anywhere else when I'm in Sacramento for business. Diane and her staff are fantastic and always go above and beyond to ensure that my stays are wonderful. The rooms are very comfortable (Destiny is my personal favorite) and the beds are incredible--most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! If you are a business traveler, give this place a try. Its such a refreshing change from being in a hotel and you can't beat having a gourmet breakfast in a warm and comfortable environment.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business