“Quiet night”

Best Western Sandman Motel
Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We drove fromFrisco. To visit Sacramento without having to a downtown hotel or in the very touristic area. There is such a place. Not quite a mile from Old Sacramento; you can easealy walk. To the site along the river, there is ample parking, a very efficiant reception staff and the classical room accomodation of this Hotel chain. Clealiness, good beds and quietness. What more to expect .

Room Tip: We always prefer rooms on the ground floor ; easier for luggage and quick departure.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean I, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Sandman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Best Western Sandman Motel. We are tremendously pleased that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and peaceful experience.

Your comments will be shared with our staff, thank you. They will be ecstatic to hear that you found them very competent and efficient. Likewise, thank you describing our room as clean, comfortable, and quiet.

It was a pleasure to serve you. We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Nice accommodations & clean, up-to-date rooms. But watch out for the scary, but seemingly harmless, bums that hang out on the stairs of the motel & on the sidewalks near the motel. I wouldn't stay there alone, but with my husband it was fine. I also liked the proximity to the Sacramento River & nice walking/biking trail right outside & up the river-bank from our room. Wasn't able to have the breakfast or use the fitness room, so can't comment on that. But the fitness room looked nice with several machines. I would definitely stay there again, especially since the price was right. Would be nice if they could get rid of the bums still lingering though.

Thank Lynne/anita L. M

Thank you for choosing Best Western Sandman Motel. It pleases us greatly to learn that we were able to meet your expectations.

Thank you for your comments regarding our proximity to the Sacramento River and to nice walking and biking trails, the cleanliness of our rooms, and the affordability of our rates.

We are sorry you were bothered by the presence of "bums" near our place. You have our assurance that we will look into this matter.

We hope you will visit us again in the near future. It would be a great pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Close enough to downtown Sac yet not too close for all the mess and noise etc. It's a quiet place to spend time before taking care of business. While it's two separate buildings with a pool in between, there is a bikepath nearby at the same level as the top level of bldg 2. Doesn't require as many BW Reward points as the next closest. The only restaurant w/in walking distance is right there- Nena's Mexican. Good menu choices; no hard liquor. Right off the 80, two gas stations to choose from.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dean I, General Manager at Best Western Sandman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. We are delighted to hear that our accommodation suited your needs for enough sleep and comfortable stay for business purposes. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests and your review is important to us as it helps us to identify areas for improvement that will enhance the positive experiences of our guests. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

satisfactory for the cost. Clean, older facility. Nice to have refrigerator and micro. Need separate lighting in toilet area - - as well as an outlet for a nightlight (or one built in). confusing light switch outside of toilet area. Husband hit wrong switch at 3 AM - - - lit up entire grooming area, woke me up (I was not happy) - - could be avoided with additional wiring and a switch/outlet in the toilet area. Sort of spoils the sleep thing. Understand the concept of not wanting electrical near the tub, but this offsets some of that. Poor design, and not thought through by designers. I know that it is not uncommon, but not user friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. We sincerely apologize for the unlikely incident you experienced at our Hotel. Your comments and suggestions regarding lighting and fixtures will be considered as we want every guest to be comfortable and satisfied every time you stayed with us. However, we are also happy to know that you’ve found our rooms clean and appreciated the amenities included. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This property has the best of everything. Clean, quiet, close to downtown are a few of its pluses. There is a secure gate at back that allows access to walk/bike trail along river that allows you to walk to the Old Downtown Sacramento district. I always stay here when in town.

• Stayed: April 2014
Dean I, General Manager at Best Western Sandman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure serving you during your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that your entire stay was excellent and relaxing. Most of our guests enjoyed our road access to walk down the Old Downtown Sacramento district and we are glad you also appreciated that. Thank you for giving us the insight into how we can better serve our guests in the future. We value your business and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I really like this facility. I stay here for business and require a room that keeps me away from as much noise as possible. My recommendation on that is to stay in rooms between the stairwells. I prefer the first floor because I like to walk out the door and get in my car at 2 AM. I had a bit of a challenge with my reservation on my most recent trip, and did not get one of the rooms I prefer. I moved to a different room the second day which was much better. All in all, this is a great place to stay. I like the location, and other amenities (food, shopping, etc,) are not too far away.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to send us a review of your recent stay at our Hotel. We are glad that you had a relaxing sleep and were able to stay in the room that you preferred. Traveling on business requires time to get enough sleep and convenience to ensure that you are on top of your schedule. It is indeed enlightening to know that our superior services and excellent accommodations made your trip very likely and comfortable at the same time. Your kind words will encourage us even more to ensure that our guest’s satisfaction comes first. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

For a couple of dollars the balcony room is worth it. The room was much larger than expected. A family of four could be comfortable with the king bed and sleeper sofa. If I had much ironing to do I would have become frustrated with the wobbly ironing board with the tethered iron.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are dedicated to delivering the highest level of service to our guests, your valuable input will help us correct and improve our services to better achieve our primary goal. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are happy to know that our spacious balcony room was able to satisfy you and meet up your expectations. It is just sad that we missed on the ironing board part. We will take care of this accordingly and hope to provide an entirely pleasant stay in the future. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.