“2 stays while driving thru”

Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
oregon
“2 stays while driving thru”
Reviewed 10 April 2008

Very warm pool which was nice because it was cold out!

First morning was Easter and breakfast was free, because only cold items. But nobody told us that upon check-in. Second stay, we were coming from another Courtyard we had stayed at for a week and were surprised to find this breakfast cost more (way more--as in full price for kids) and they used canned fruit (instead of fresh--isn't this California?). So, my advice is to skip breakfast here and head over to Starbucks, bagel shop or bakery not far away. Also, the only restaurants they recommend are very expensive. Probably so you don't fret about breakfast costs.

I would probably stay here again, for the pool and easy Interstate access, but eat elsewhere.

• Liked — warm pool
  • Disliked — breakfast costs
  • Stayed March 2008
1 Thank betjam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 28 March 2008

My recent stay at the Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas was a very pleasant experience. Although it's close to a major interstate freeway one does not realize it because the hotel is surrounded in a woodsy area that muffles all traffic sounds. The bed was very comfy and warm which made it a bit difficult to want to get going in the morning. Wheelchair accessible room was set up well although the sink was placed at a normal height that made it a bit challenging to use. No "free" continental breakfast offered like at other Marriott lodgings although the breakfast buffet had a nice food variety and it was kept warm and fresh. Meal price was worth paying not to have to travel to a local restaurant.

• Liked — quiet setting
  • Disliked — no "free" continental breakfast like at other Marriott lodgings I've stayed at
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank KarenSoCal
Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Pretty standard CY room, but the common areas are bright, well furnished and well maintained. I found both rooms I occupied kind of dark with rather dim lighting (compact florescent -- but low wattage). I have had this experience before in the CY/Hampton Inn genre, which is why I tend to prefer other brands in the Hilton or Marriott lineup.

The backside of the hotel faces a busy road and beyond that a freeway -- ask for a room toward the front.

For some reason (and I am not normally picky about the beds), I found the beds here really hard and uncomfortable. I could just be getting spoiled by the full service Marriot and Hilton beds, which have become very good.

My internet box didn't work (and the engineer, while a very attractive young lady, didn't really speak much english). However the hotel was good about moving me quickly to another room. I had no further internet problems.

The pool area looked inviting, but I didn't have the time to use it.

Be forewarned (wish I was) that its in an office park with really nothing around. One restaurant is walkable according to the front desk (Chevy's -- yuck). The "room service" is one of those companies that deliver from restaurants who don't have delivery themselves. I was so put off by the "add-ons" that I decided to not order from them (none of my travel expense is out of my pocket, but charges can be so unreasonable as to be offensive in my opinion). The charges are as follows: $15.00 minimum order (o,k,, but a lot of food for one person), $5.00 service charge (which is fine), 4% added to the stated "cash price" (o.k. now really getting unreasonable given they are likely only paying 2% for card services -- and that is a cost of doing business in my opinion), and they then have the nerve to charge for utensils and a plate! (not much, but that put me over the top).

I realize that this has little to do with the operation of the hotel and maybe some with find this of use. I was just offended.

I hope others find this useful!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank TransCon1
Hawaii
Reviewed 26 August 2007

After a long drive from Redding, this was a great place to relax before our flight home. The hotel staff was very curtious, the room was clean and comfortable, and there was free high speed internet. I truly enjoyed the hot tub and pool. I expected a lot of noise since we happened to be there with some high school's soccer team, but it was quite and no rude awakenings. Also very close to Chevy's Mexican Grill, and the freeway. Only 10 minutes to the Airport.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
San Mateo
Reviewed 11 June 2007

I stayed 5 nights at the Marriott Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas June 5-10, 2007. I had a large suite that could sleep 8 with two queens and two sofa beds. Beds were fair. Two TVs. One bath with shower over tub. Also microwave oven. Small balcony. Room was on interior overlooking courtyard and pool. Lower weekend rates. This is a standard Courtyard with a few pros and cons.

Pros. Excellent location at Garden Highway interchange on I-5. Two exits to the south is downtown Sacramento and Old Sacramento. Two exits to the north is I-80. Three exits to the north is Arco Arena. Located in a quiet, upscale business park. Very nice neighborhood, yet less than a mile from I-5. Very good breakfast buffet or can order from the menu. Free computer for email access in lobby. Free newspapers included USA Today, Wall Street Journal and Sacramento Bee.

Cons. As other reviewers have frequently mentioned, the room HVAC units are unusually noisy--the fans really roar. I was fortunate to not have to rely on them too much. I opened the sliding door onto the balcony and generally got a comfortable breeze. I also turned the units on when I left the room and was then able to turn them off when I returned. But they really are noisy, even on the low setting. Also, the floor/ceiling is not substantial and footsteps can be heard from the room above which can turn into thuds from running children.

For my stay, the location and pleasant setting outweighed the noisy HVAC units. At another time of year with high heat or winter cold I might think differently.

• Liked — Location and setting
  • Disliked — Noisy HVAC
  • Stayed June 2007
Vancouver
Reviewed 6 June 2007

Stayed at the Courtyard Natomas May 31-June 3. We got a rate of $55/night through Priceline. The hotel is in a good location only 10-15 minutes away from the airport and about 10 minutes from Old Sacramento. The hotel is in a business park, so it is a bit isolated. Shopping and Fast Food restaurants are a short drive away. Check-in was fast and easy. We were given a room with 2 queen beds on the 4th floor in the back of the hotel. It was bit noisy from the highway traffic, but once you turned on the A/C it drowned the outside noise out. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroms are a bit small and we had a running toilet. No one ever came to fix it. The bathroom could use an update and a really good cleaning as there was some mildew on the tile grout in the shower. Internet was free and the pool was open until late at night. Lots of free parking available. We didn't try the hotel restaurant so I can't comment.

I would most likely stay here again if visiting Sacramento because of the location and easy access to I-5.

• Liked — Location, Free Internet, and Parking
  • Disliked — Would be nice if they offered complimentary continental breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 17 December 2006

I've stayed at this property twice and each time I've had a clean, quiet, comfortable room. Front desk staff are courteous and helpful, and the rooms are at the upper end of what you would expect for this price/rating level.

While some might see the relatively isolated location as a downfall, it certainly makes for a restful night's sleep.

• Liked — Clean, well-appointed rooms. Quiet!
  • Disliked — Location is a bit out of the way
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled on business