“Hard to Find But Exceptional in Every Way”

Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #25 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Had an early flight out of SAC (SMF) this Monday, and based on price, this Courtyard Hotel made me a believer. Located on River Plaza Drive, just three miles north of the city, this courtyard is very hard to find. There is no signage off the freeway, or on the side streets you need to drive to get there....so get your directions before attempting this. However, this was one of the very best Courtyards I have ever stayed. From Nathan, the front desk clerk, to Andre, the guy who ran the very cool diner in the lobby, I was met with enthusiastic and professional service from the get go. I do not usually mention names, but these two guys made registering a breeze, and dinner a fabulous experience. The rooms here were impeccibly clean, and outfitted with the standard Marriott excellence. Beds, as usual, are heavenly to sleep on, and the rooms more than adequate in size.
What I especially liked in this hotel was a really neat lobby. It seemed to be designed with the traveller in mind. There were private booths for a drink, or breakfast, each with its own flat screen tv, and remote, a diner which had a nice bill o fare, at fairly reasonable prices, a bar, and a host of business tools right there to utilize. Very very cool layout, comfortable and open. LOVED IT!
Shuttle service to and from SMF was fantastic, comprehensive, and friendly. All in all, I give this Courtyard extremely high marks all around. BRAVO!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveFrancis
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas

Reviewed 29 January 2010

This is a perfectly fine hotel for business travellers. It's very clean. The service people are friendly and effective. And the location--just off a major freeway--is quite handy. It's not the Ritz, and it's not the Four Seasons. But people, puhleeze, it does what it sets out to do--give you a good place to sleep in a good location, at a fair price.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Jackcatscal
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I am an event coordinator. I take it on faith that when a hotel promises me details will be taken care of, that they will in fact be taken care of. At first, I was so excited about the prospect of bringing my 9 day program to this hotel, but once the contracts were signed... it all went down hill from there.
I waited over a month to hear back from my "on-site" event coordinator, who in fact is not "on-site" and initially had NO CLUE what items had been negotiated between myself, the hotel manager and the regional sales manager. I got attitude and sheer contempt from the person who was supposed to be representing the company in a professional manner...but by that point, we were locked into $6000 in F&B and an additional $1500 in meeting space charges so I guess they felt they could be as rude as they wanted.
During the site visit (in November), I was told by the hotels general manager that some minor re-construction was going to be done prior to our event and that there would be a bistro bar available for our group in the lobby... Just to cover my nervous concerns, I went for a no-call check-in to see how construction was going the first week of January... the hotel was a MESS! The Asst. Manager assured me that everything but the bistro would be completed by the time our event rolled around. I got on-site today and the whole lobby is torn apart and nothing is completed. They hadn't even finished painting the meeting room as promised.
We ordered breakfast and lunch for the group, but again it was a complete let down. The coffee was burnt, pastries were stale, eggs were over cooked and had NO flavor. Drinks which should be served cold were left out on the table w/ no ice. Lunch was even more of a disaster... I won't even get started on the downfalls of that.
I am throughouly disappointed in this property and would NOT recommend it to any event coordinators looking for a hotel/meeting space in one in the Sacramento Area.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Event_Coordinator010
Reviewed 26 August 2009

This hotel is OK for 1-2 nights, but I had to find another hotel after that. Thin walls, a front desk person who apparently doesn't have a full command of the English language, failure to lock the gate at the pool at 10PM (a group was partying by the pool until nearly midnight one night,) a somewhat pricey breakfast menu with not much selection, no regular coffee in the room, broken sliding closet door....

Upon arrival, I asked for a quiet room. The above-mentioned desk person put me on the ground floor, across from the pool, near the elevator and an exit door. Quiet? Uh-uh. I also asked him if there was a complimentary breakfast. He said yes. Wrong again.

Also, this is a non-smoking hotel, as most are these days. I like to have the occasional cigarette, and since I couldn't smoke in the room, my spirits were lifted when I spotted a concrete "veranda" (about the size of a large cocktail table) furnished with a table and two chairs. But a sticker on the sliding glass door stated that if I smoked out there I would be charged a $250 cleaning fee. I mean, come on!

Oh, and don't expect a flat-screen TV in your room.

There are many other options in this area and I would encourage you to consider staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank fleurdelis007
Reviewed 15 August 2009

On a road trip headed south from Oregon, we used the POI feature on GPS to select a hotel near Interstate 5 on our southward trek. We checked into the Marriott Courtyard on a Friday evening. We had terrific help at the front desk and were given a quiet room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. With breakfast the rate was an unbeatable $99.00, the lowest rate we paid on our Oregon/California trip. Nathaniel at the front desk suggested we head over to Pearl on the River, the Sacramento River that is, for dinner. It was great advice. We had a lovely dinner in a special spot and spent a quiet night in a comfy hotel with a huge bathroom and a good breakfast. A+ all the way.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanderwomen
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Nice hotel with convenient access to airport. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the service was good.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2009

The rooms were clean and you could not hear the neighbors, but the air conditioner was very noisy. The site states premium linens, however I found them to be very average and the beds were not comfortable. I was very disapointed in the quality for $200.00 a night. I will look elsewhere on next trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple