“Worth Considering”

Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 11 June 2007

I stayed 5 nights at the Marriott Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas June 5-10, 2007. I had a large suite that could sleep 8 with two queens and two sofa beds. Beds were fair. Two TVs. One bath with shower over tub. Also microwave oven. Small balcony. Room was on interior overlooking courtyard and pool. Lower weekend rates. This is a standard Courtyard with a few pros and cons.

Pros. Excellent location at Garden Highway interchange on I-5. Two exits to the south is downtown Sacramento and Old Sacramento. Two exits to the north is I-80. Three exits to the north is Arco Arena. Located in a quiet, upscale business park. Very nice neighborhood, yet less than a mile from I-5. Very good breakfast buffet or can order from the menu. Free computer for email access in lobby. Free newspapers included USA Today, Wall Street Journal and Sacramento Bee.

Cons. As other reviewers have frequently mentioned, the room HVAC units are unusually noisy--the fans really roar. I was fortunate to not have to rely on them too much. I opened the sliding door onto the balcony and generally got a comfortable breeze. I also turned the units on when I left the room and was then able to turn them off when I returned. But they really are noisy, even on the low setting. Also, the floor/ceiling is not substantial and footsteps can be heard from the room above which can turn into thuds from running children.

For my stay, the location and pleasant setting outweighed the noisy HVAC units. At another time of year with high heat or winter cold I might think differently.

• Stayed: June 2007

Reviewed 6 June 2007

Stayed at the Courtyard Natomas May 31-June 3. We got a rate of $55/night through Priceline. The hotel is in a good location only 10-15 minutes away from the airport and about 10 minutes from Old Sacramento. The hotel is in a business park, so it is a bit isolated. Shopping and Fast Food restaurants are a short drive away. Check-in was fast and easy. We were given a room with 2 queen beds on the 4th floor in the back of the hotel. It was bit noisy from the highway traffic, but once you turned on the A/C it drowned the outside noise out. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroms are a bit small and we had a running toilet. No one ever came to fix it. The bathroom could use an update and a really good cleaning as there was some mildew on the tile grout in the shower. Internet was free and the pool was open until late at night. Lots of free parking available. We didn't try the hotel restaurant so I can't comment.

I would most likely stay here again if visiting Sacramento because of the location and easy access to I-5.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2006

I've stayed at this property twice and each time I've had a clean, quiet, comfortable room. Front desk staff are courteous and helpful, and the rooms are at the upper end of what you would expect for this price/rating level.

While some might see the relatively isolated location as a downfall, it certainly makes for a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank paubri
Reviewed 28 November 2006

This stay took place in the late fall, so the airconditioning wasn't on. However, no noise was associated with the heating. Front desk staff was very helpful. The heated pool and whirlpool were open until 11, and very nice. This property has been renovated, and has a cozy fireplace to sit next to in the lobby. The airport shuttle was quick, efficient, and free. There are several hotels closer to the airport, but this one isn't too far away. No complaints at this property.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JA78
Reviewed 27 August 2005

Can't say enough nice things about our stay at the Courtyard Natomas! We stayed there August 19-21 as part of a friend's wedding party. The location is great (Nice and secluded, quiet, but within 1 mile of restaurants, gas stations, coffee shops, and fast food establishments). The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff members are courteous, and quick to respond to requests. Our room had a coffee maker (which is great for those travelers who like to make their own coffee in their rooms). The lobby has a complimentary coffee service from 6-10 AM as well (although the coffee served was weak and dilute). The only suggestion I have for this upscale hotel is that wireless internet access should be standard, not at-cost. Many other hotels lower in standards have complimentary wireless internet access. But other than that, this is a wonderful hotel and we recommend it for travellers on business, leisure, or part of a wedding party.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank Island_Traveler_SF
Reviewed 1 June 2005

Comfort: The previous reviews stating "noisy air conditioner" are all too
true. The beds are decent; no sag or springs in the back. I will
say that the rooms feel a bit cramped. To my dismay, our room
was in the furthest reaches of the hotel - talk about a long walk.

Convenience: The hotel is in a business park, so there are no restaurants
or shops within walking distance (unless you don't mind 1.5
miles). It is about 15 minutes away from the airport.

Cleanliness: I found mold growing in the bathroom and it was so large,
that I was close to giving it a name! Outside of that, the place
seemed clean enough.

Breakfast: Continental breakfast with a waffle machine; one could also
order from their limited selection menu. Everything tasted
fresh.

Staff: This is one place that needs to train its staff on cutomer relations: I
was greeted with rudeness and disinterest by the front desk; when I
asked where my room was, the response was simply: take the
elevator down the hall to your right - no one said it was on the other
side of the hotel or the best way to get there. I will praise the wait
staff - they treated us well and smiled.

• Stayed: April 2005
20  Thank ukscots
A TripAdvisor Member
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed 29 May 2005

We felt that the Courtyard in Natomas was a very good value. It was easy to get anywhere in Sacramento. It was in a business park with beautiful parklike landscaping, so it wasn't noisy or congested. The staff was very friendly, the rooms comfortable and nicely decorated. Only 2 minor issues, our non-smoking room smelled like some minor stale smoke odor had been covered with fragrance, and it is close to a military base, so there was some helicopter noise when we had the window open, but it didn't last long.

Stayed: May 2005