“Romance on the River”
Review of Delta King

Delta King
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The restoration of this old paddle boat was nothing short of a miracle. We had an amazing view of the river and Tower Bridge, the state room was lovely and the service was great. Old Sac is a lot of fun and the Christmas decorations and music really got us in the holiday spirit! This was our second stay here and I certainly would be thrilled to return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HeidiB1

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was unsure what the rooms would be like but staying right on the Sacramento river and the views were more than fantastic!!! We had a river view room and I could not have been happier. We enjoyed sitting on the deck and enjoying the river at night and during the day. We ate beakfast in the hotel restaurant and was very pleased with the quality and the amount of food. The room was small compared to traditional "hotel" rooms but it had charm galore with modern imenities. The bathroom was big and the hotwater and pressure in the shower was remarkable, I didn't want to get out and wished I had that type of hot water in a bathtub but usually you don't find bathtubs on a boat so I enjoyed the rainshower showerhead with glee and relaxation it provided. I liked the antique fixtures like the upper tank pull chain toilet, unusual but always made me giggle when I used it. :-) We went to the bar one night and enjoyed the atmosphere and were allowed to take our wine outside on the balcony or back to our room. We chose to go to the outside balcony and enjoy the moon reflecting off the river. I should mention the painted scenes on the windows of the bar of what one would have seen back when the boat use to paddle down the river..beautiful. I would definately stay here again. Old Sacramento was lit with christmas lights and a bautiful christmas tree right at the boats entrance/valet parking area. There is noise from the trains that run but for me it only added to the nostalgia and the experience and did not hender my sleep but I do like trains. Overall staff was very friendly, helpful, and accomidating. The only thing I would have wanted and would suggest the hotel do would be for them to hand out a map of old sacramento so you could explore more effeciently.

Room Tip: Get a river view room but even if you don't you can just walk to the river side of the boat and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trudi D
Reviewed 15 December 2013

To keep it simple very neat hotel right on the river in old sac. Rooms although small are ones in which you would expect on a boat so no prob there. Great restaurant felt very elegant breakfast was GREAT! Little bar up top to enjoy cocktails,wine and some live music which was very good thanks piano man.
Old sac lots to see great pubs,food and shopping Joes Crab Shack is awesome jus steps from delta king on the river.

Room Tip: Packages there are several interesting packages they over that includes entertainment like dinner th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Regan M
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I enjoyed staying here. It was a change from a business hotel. The rooms d bathroom are small but very clean. They have a turn down service at night. The breakfast which was free with my rm was really good. They wrapped the breakfast and I took it to my rm as I had to be on a phone conference. The bar area was very nice and I enjoyed looking out at the river. Again the staff was helpful and pleasant. I had a good view of the Christmas tree from my rm. I would definitely stay here again esp when the weather was better. I did have difficulties with the WiFi but is just used my air card. I did think that a social hr at night might be a nice way to bring hotel guests together.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I spent a night during a business trip. Very touristic place but not too expensive and nice place. Room are clean, staff pleasant, you are downtown old Sacramento, it is better than being in a business hotel. Just wifi sometimes is not easy to use

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MathiasFrance
Reviewed 8 November 2013

When I arrived at the Delta King I asked the attendant in Valet Parking if there was a place to put my Cannondale bike in the hotel. He ASSURED me that they would keep an eye on it and there was no need to remove it from its rack. The next morning I learned that the bike was stolen, even though it had been securely locked into the rack. Upon examining the rack I noticed that it showed no signs of force. The key to the bike rack was in the cupholder inside the car. The car was locked and the only person who had a key was Valet Parking. Mike Coyne, the GM for the hotel wrote one email shortly after the theft stating that they are not responsible for the loss. Emails explaining about the undamaged bike rack and availability of the key have not been ignored. A request for the name of the employee who was on duty when I arrived has also been ignored. If you stay at the Delta King be sure to put your bike in the downstairs theater where I was told after the fact "we store bikes here all the time for our guests."

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 6 November 2013

It's an experience! The rooms are small and out dated. The bathroom fixtures are antiques. The windows don't open. But it's still fun. Dining room is pricey but very good. Location is excellent for exploring the city.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple