“Good but could use some work”
Review of Arden Star Hotel

Arden Star Hotel
Ranked #43 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Orange, California
“Good but could use some work”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Overall our stay was just adequate. We stayed in the section of the hotel with outdoor corridors. It was very dark at night. So dark that we felt a bit uneasy. We noticed several lights that were either burnt out or not turned on, including some in the stairway. Also, it appeared housekeeping was a little bit sloppy. The room was clean, but very low on toilet paper, and the shampoo was only half full. The staff were very helpful in fixing the problem, but someone should be checking this more closely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Victorjw
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We have recently undergone an ownership change, and we plan on making a lot of changes to the hotel including as you mentioned some training to our staff on policies and procedures, as well as customer service. We have also contacted a local contractor to add some lighting to our parking lots and walk ways. Again I do apologize and hope you will give us a chance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stains on the carpeting, massive amount of mildew growing behind the grout and dirty wet towels replaced on the rack until I insisted they be changed. When I asked about the towels the front desk staff did not even look up and acted as though I was not even there.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel! There is no good reason to stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank dad113056
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We have recently undergone an ownership change, and we plan on making a lot of changes to the hotel. We hope that you might come in and take a look for yourself in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

maryland
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a property crying out for renovation. I am not an expert on the lodging market in Sacramento but I never in my life expected to shell out more than $100 per night to share a bathroom with cockroaches. This Quality Inn gave me that experience. My room was fairly clean but the furnishings and decor were old and tired. The front desk person was very nice but that is the only plus I can think of. Quality Inns should regard this location as a cancer on their brand.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Otto M
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do have an upgrade of the property going on but it will take a few months to complete. I hope you might give us another chance in the future to see the upgrades we have made.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was a great find for a one-night stay to attend a nearby conference. It's easy to find, is near Cal-Expo, and for me the best part -- directly across the street from a Red Lobster restaurant. Lisette, at the front desk, was terrific, handling multiple check-ins at the same time and maintaining her calm demeanor, helpful attitude, and professionalism all at the same time. This facility is very clean, but could use a little updating, i.e., handles missing on some of the doors to the outside, sliding door on the closet in my room missing. There was also a weird piece of white plastic, about the size of a quarter but a bit thicker, glued to the bottom of the bathtub, right about where your bum would be if you were to attempt to take a bath. Strange, but I took a shower, not a bath, and the shower was very nice. I had a very roomy ground-floor corner room, #142, and it had a very nice kitchenette complete with a small upright fridge. (The handle was missing from the lower door of the fridge, however.) The room was quite large, with two double beds, and very quiet. The rooms have a somewhat strange heating/cooling unit, that hangs on the outside wall up near the ceiling. It had a remote to operate it, but I had to climb up on a chair to see the temperature display. It worked well, but the location was decidedly odd. (Another person in our group had the same unit in their room.) Again, the room was very clean and quite comfortable. The entire facility is smoke-free, but when I left my room to go to breakfast I could clearly smell cigarette smoke from the next room. I reported it to the front desk, but wasn't around long enough to see/hear what transpired. The breakfast was very nice -- don't let the round scrambled egg patties fool you as they were delicious. They fit perfectly into the English muffins, along with same-size sausage patties. Fresh fruit (but no bananas), waffles, toast, cereal, juices, yogurt, boiled eggs, just about everything you could think of.) For only $71 for the single night (and a Friday night at that), I felt it was a very good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Lisette is a great asset to the company and we are lucky to have her. Thank you as well for letting us know about some of the issues in your room. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you again
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

It is really fun and has a pool the people were really nice and it was near a lot of places.such as restaurants like red lobster and outback steak house it was also near old Sacramento and the science museum plus the breakfast was very delicious.

Stayed March 2014
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you where able to enjoy the pool, and breakfast. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Sacramento.
Chittagong City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I along with my family (Wife) visited the Howe Avenue River and thus we had to reserve room here at this "Quality Inn". The front desk clerk SUSHANT advised and guided me. This man is professional indeed and showed me with his chart and map "how to reach to Howe Avenue River and regional parks. Though, I was a little concerned on moving with my wife but at the end all finished successfully.
After returning to this Inn again, I found SUSHANT. Thanks man for your cordial help. Rooms were a little old fashioned, but room services were good enough. I do appreciate the complementary breakfast as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Lisa M, General Manager at Arden Star Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you where able to enjoy some of the things Sacramento has to offer. Sushant is a super start at the hotel and he goes above and beyond his job duties to make sure all guest feel welcomed. Thank you again for choosing us, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. Front desk clerk Sushanti, was extremely helpful on anything we needed, from help on my computer to even knowing about digital cameras..... The rooms are comfy yet the only complaint i would have but it is minimal is old tvs in room. but to me that was minimal. Sushanti hooked us up on special rates both times we stayed because of special occasions. I recommend the stay, and if in town ask for Sushanti, teell him about his great review, may even help out with a discount. total stay i can say it was satisfying..... Thank you Sushanti, Mike and Andrea Caamal

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I have to agree with you we are lucky enough to have such a great employee. Sushant and Mike are a great asset to our company. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sacramento