“The service was excellent”

Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza
Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pleasanton, California
“The service was excellent”
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I had a very pleasant 2-day stay at this conveniently located hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. Upon my arrival at home, I realized that I had forgotten my pillow from home and a very important work document . I contacted the hotel and was assured by Robbie that the housekeeping staff had found my items and put them in the lost and found. Robbie then packaged my items and sent them to my home by Fed Ex for a quick delivery. I plan to ensure that my family takes a serious look at Holiday Inn properties for future vacations as a result of this experience. Thank you Robbie and staff!

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Goleta, California
Reviewed 16 April 2011

When I heard that our conference was at the Holiday Inn, I was bummed. But once I got to town and saw the location of the hotel, I was happy. It's right next to the Westfield Mall and about two blocks from Old Town Sacramento. The service at this hotel was EXCELLENT. I had an executive room and a few glitches -- the phone didn't work, there was a big stain on the floor, there was only 1 hanger in my room and I didn't get my newspaper for two days. On the upside, when I did let the hotel know, they were pretty prompt about fixing the issues. The concierge room was a nice place to go to grab a Diet Pepsi and some cheese/crackers at night and had a simple complimentary breakfast in the morning. The room size was nice, although a little noisy. The gym was fine and was never crowded when I went. The conference facilities were very nice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Gasquet, California
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Second poor experience at Holiday Inn. Upon arriving that evening I parked under the awning to check in. I was forced to give my keys to the attendant who moved my car over about one foot to the right because I was taking up too much room. At the counter I asked if I could use the HC parking in the lot, and was told no that all the lot parking was valet. I am not sure this is legal. I was told that I could take my luggage up but needed to come rt bk to park my car in the adjacent lot then bring my ticket bk and they would validate it. Drove over to the lot next door. All HC on Holiday Inn side taken so I parked as close as I could. Unfortunately I missed a posting that said I needed to move my car b4 7:30 am the next morning or I would be ticketed, and low and behold when I walked out to the car at 8 am there he was giving me a ticket. The room FEBREEZED to death, carpet so dirty my feet stuff to it so I wore my boots or high heels to the bath and back.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank terriccha46

Travellers are raving about these Sacramento hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 January 2011

All the "must have" boxes can be checked off: clean room; comfy bed; friendly, competent staff. BUT yesterday I was given one of those amazing, over-the-top customer service experiences like you hear about people having at the Ritz Carlton.

I was in Sacramento for the Unified Wine & Grape Symposium. I parked my car in the Holiday Inn's self-park lot, which is run by the city of Sacramento. After check out, I went to drop my bag in my truck and discovered it had been broken into. I reported the incident to the desk staff, who were very apologetic and immediately escalated it to the GM, Liz Tavernese. She had me bring my truck over to the valet, where she had a housekeeping team member already there with a vacuum to clean up the glass and the facilities manager on the phone with a local glass repair company. Liz told me she and her team would make sure the repairs were done so I could go to my conference. In the afternoon when I came back to pick up my truck, I found out that the Holiday Inn had paid for the glass repair work for me. They had zero liability, no reason they even needed to do that--this was just a good deed and incredible customer service. I can't even think of the experience of getting my car broken into in a negative light because Liz and the Holiday Inn staff took such good care of me.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
areno24, Area Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Dear Sfkat,

Thank you for the flattering comments. I had the pleasure of meeting you in person during your stay and it was our pleasure to help you out in this situation. We take great pride and care of our hotel and value our customers concerns. On behalf of the General Manager and the rest of our team we appreciated you taking the time to post your comments and we hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Corning, California
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful, particularly the bell service person who helped transfer a large amount of luggage when we arrived and again when we checked out. The hotel was above average in cleanliness and condition of the property. The location was excellent for our needs, with lots of nearby options for eating and shopping, plus several nearby attractions and easy access to and from I-5. The mall next-door was nice to shop in.

On one morning of our stay we put the "Do Not Disturb" sign out on our door and the cleaning staff slipped a written message under the door to let us know that if we needed more towels or anything we could call them--a nice contrast to so many hotels where the cleaning staff bang on the door to ask if you're sure you really don't want the room cleaned even though you have the sign out. (Why else would the sign be out? I don't want to be awakened to tell them I don't want the room cleaned because I'm trying to sleep in!)

The only thing that would have made the stay even better would be if there was a hot tub in the pool area. Even so, we plan to return to this hotel on our annual trips to Sacramento, because we were so happy with it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
areno24, Area Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Dear TooChoosyForWords,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your comments and I will make sure that the Housekeeping department sees your notes. We are very happy to hear that all of your expectations were met and exceeded. Yes, we do wish we hada hot tub as well, however, it is one of those things that is out of our control at this time. Thank you again for taking the time out of you day to write to us. We look forward to your next visit next summer.

Lancaster, Wi.
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Great hotel. Close to Sacramento mall, Old Town, & Amtrak station. Everyone in Sacramento was friendly & helpful. The valet to the maids, & front desk people are really great! The restaurant made the last nights meal a fond memory. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Yell0Deere,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the time it takes all of our guests to write to us on Tripadvisor. We are happy to see that we exceeded your expectations while visiting Sacramento. Next time you come to town, if you have not already been, you may want to visit the Ca Railroad Museum in Old Sacramento, (we offer packages that may accommodate your family). We look forward to your next visit. Have a great Holiday Season.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Stayed here on our drive from LA to Reno. Picked here for the convience of location and access to mall and old Sac. Service was outstanding, cleanliness was great, and was relieved to have picked a hotel that didnt disappoint.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Dear AimlessJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write to the hotel and share your most recent stay. We hope that you made it safe and sound to Reno and hope that you consider us in the future when traveling to the Sacramento Area.