“I basically lived here for 2 months”

Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza
Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Walnut Creek, California
“I basically lived here for 2 months”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I had long-term training in Sacto and was lucky enough to stay here for about 7 weeks last year. I loved it! There are good views of the river, downtown, and beyond. The pool is not spectacular, but it is there. There's self-serve laundry, but it is in a weird location (a unisex bathroom on the second floor). Speaking of location, this place has it! You can walk to almost anything downtown within 20 inutes, and it is basically part of the K-Street mall complex. I stay here whenever I have to travel to Sac for work. It's clean, classy, and all the staff are EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. No free breakfast, but the restaurant is decent. Yes, it's a Holiday Inn. and HI can range wildly in their cleanliness, decor, service, etc... Still, I highly recommend this one.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Whittier, California
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capital Plaza is ideally sited for access to Old Sacramento, Sacramento Downtown Plaza, State Capitol and "Kay" Street Alley. For those up to the walk, the Convention Center is a walkable distance that will contribute to heart health. Hotel and Restaurant staff is helpful and friendly with accommodations that are comfortable and well equipped. Rooms that feature great beds, plenty of room space and free wi-fi connections. I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 April 2013

No complaints. Front desk was quick to respond to my requests for extra pillows, WiFi worked perfectly, room service delivery was quick & friendly, room was clean & perfectly nice. A bonus is the Starbucks right in back of the hotel. A quirky highlight: The prime rib I ordered via room service was maybe the best prime rib I've ever had. So good I even told the manager about it,so she could pass the compliment to whomever cooked it.

About a 12-15 minute walk to the Capitol, walking distance to a Subway sandwich shop. Taxis available right out front during working hours.

I would stay again & recommend it as a solid, though not WOW!, hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Concord
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I am so happy with my stay at this hotel.it was clean,friendly service,very close to awesome mall,old sacramento,starbucks coffee.My family(2yr. and 6 yr. old and husband) and I took the Amtrack train to this location and it was a five minute walk to this hotel and a five minute walk to old sacramento.The beds are soft and comfy.our room had an awesome view on the 15th floor,facing the downtown sac./sac river.I totally recommend this hotel and I will be returning.

Room Tip: get a room that faces the city and river on 15 or 16th floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This hotel is great for a business trip. The location is good- right next to the mall, Old Town Sac, and the Capital building. However, the area is a little sketchy at night. The room was clean and a decent size. The in-room wi-fi was fast and reliable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The fitness center was small, but not very crowded, so there was always a machine available. The bed was not the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on, but it was fine. Overall, it was a clean, relatively expensive, and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

We were a walk in for a one night stay on a road trip. Check in was okay but not particularly friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable bed and clean. Although the location is great for old Sacramento it is right next to a shopping mall which felt a bit seedy and didn't feel comfortable walking through there. It is a conference centre as well so lots of conference attendees and we found people walking back to their room late at night were noisy and didn't seem to care about the other guests. Although okay, wouldn't return or recommend.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear CD323,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the rooms.

However, We’re sorry about the noise caused by the conference during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.
We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 March 2013

For me service is one of the more important aspects of a hotel. Late at night, before going to bed at a foreign spot, I want to be treated like I should be there. One of the girls who work the desk there, Denisha I believe, needs to learn that lesson. She is extremely rude and quit frankly I don't understand how she still works in the service industry. Holiday Inn Corporate should take a look at her.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Lizjqh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento-Capitol Plaza, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your comments regarding one of our associates. Our goal is to exceed the guest expectations and I apologize that we were unsuccessful in reaching that goal with you. Your comments will be shared and addressed accordingly. I hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to be of better service to you in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Sacramento hotels