“good cusotmer service”

Crowne Plaza Sacramento
Ranked #38 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a death in the family and needed a hotel for all family that was traveling to get to the funeral. The rate was very good and the customer service to set up the block of rooms was excellent. I stayed 5 nights and the rest of the family stayed one or two nights. My room was on the 6th floor which is the designated quiet floor - it was great as I had to work most days. So I was thrilled with the rate, room and quiet. My other familiy members were not that happy. They also were on the "quiet" 6th floor, but near their room there was a party going on. Apparently they called 5 times to the front desk to no avail so they were upset at the funeral and exhausted after traveling so far with no sleep. Family members on other floors liked their rooms. but also complained about noise level. I think it was my room position that kept me so quiet. I guess if you are looking for quiet, this might not be the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the end of hallways (only people on one side) and NOT near the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelley J
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Were very sorry for your family's loss. While we are happy that YOUR stay was comfortable and quiet; please express our sincere apologies to the members of your family that were disturbed by the noisy group. There is no excuse for our staff not quieting the group down so that they were no bothering our other guests. We are sharing your comments with our Rooms Director to review with his Front Desk and Security staffs. Thank you for alerting us to the problem.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We recently spent 4 nights here for Navy ship reunion...my husband has some mobility challenges, staff went out of their way to accomodate his needs.....we had nearly all of our meals there including terrific breakfast buffets...the best part of the stay was the personal touch that staff brought to each guest, from the front desk to housekeeping and dining staff . We would definitely stay there again...

Room Tip: Ask to be on the inside of the building to avoid some freeway noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
pchand, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. We were honored to have your reunion at the hotel. We hope you can visit us again someday.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

And a great time was had by all!!! Another one of our great reunions with the USS FLOYD B. PARKS DD884 shipmates and families. This hotel was just top notch from beginning to end. From the gorgeous hotel lobby to the large and spacious hospitality room and on to our sleeping rooms. We were greeted by the wonderful people at the front desk who checked us in flawlessly. Great job Parveen & staff. On to our sleeping rooms where we had plenty of room to spread out and the beds were awesome to rest on. Gave us a really good nights sleep. The restaurant served a great buffet breakfast and our gang took advantage of it daily. Be sure to try the "Turkey With An Attitude" sandwich for lunch....great!!! Of course everything is prepared by "Chef Troy" who is just the best ever. He does all sorts of amazing desserts and especially chocolate!! For our stay there, we worked with Convention Services Manager, Karen Grenz who was one step ahead of us at all times. If she can't do it, it can't be done. Brad Ross is the very best Director of Sales that we have been in touch with. Always, always, he made it possible in every way for us to stay at the Crowne Plaza in Sacramento. And finally, hotel manager, Tom Hagreen did it all including helping to serve our morning buffet to get us all on buses early for our trips and tours. If you are looking for a one stop hotel, this is the place. They will pamper you like you've always dreamed of and make sure you are taken care of completely. There is a neat swimming pool that many of our crew and their families took advantage of daily. They loved it. The lobby of this hotel is extremely spacious and has a media center in it also. Wi Fi is available throughout the hotel which was handy for all of our shipmates. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job on our rooms each day and were very friendly. This hotel is right off the freeway but not surrounded by the noise. Easy to get to and lots of parking. So if you are headed anywhere near Sacramento, please visit this Crowne Plaza on Date Ave and they will take very good care of you. Thank you so very much to all who took great care of our veterans and their families....you are THE BEST!!!.....hugs to all, Bill & Sue Birdsong

Room Tip: All rooms are terrific.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
pchand, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Wow! How would you like a job helping us write our next brochure? We were honored to have your group with us. We could not have asked for a nicer group of people. Please, please, PLEASE come back and see us whenever you can.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was nice and quiet, well-maintained. Sadly the pool was closed for about 36 hours during our stay because of some maintenance issues and I had really counted on it. I selected this place because it was near my aging mother's house and I flew down to visit her. I didn't want to rent a car and I am strong and it was in walking distance. There are lots of fast food places and chain stores which I do not consider a plus, but some do. There is some open space nearby and even a playground if you know where to look in the neighborhood. Restaurant in the building and a free drink as a welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry that the pool was unavailable during your stay. We understand how frustrating that can be. Unfortunately; the work was necessary. We hope the weather will be nice enough for you to use the pool the next time you come to see your mother. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed here one night with the hubby. It smells fresh and clean, the bed was comfy as we stayed in an executive king room, nice pool area. Only complaint is the place a $100 deposit on top of what the room is.

• Stayed: August 2013
pchand, Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. The $100 deposit is in lieu of having a credit card on file for incidentals. We hope that it wa not an inconvenience for you.
Thanks again and please come see us whenever you're in Sacramento.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

So I had to book this room at last minute to be closer to my dad at the hospital and thinking I would stay at the same hotel as last time I changed my mind when I saw the rates were much lower here. Upon my arrival I recognized that I had been to this hotel before but did not recall it being a Crowne Plaza. My confusion was cleared up by the gentleman at the front desk who said it use to be a Holiday Inn but the changed it a couple of years ago. They did a nice job on the remodel with new everything except the actual structure itself. Staff was well dressed and friendly. Breakfast was decent you have to pay additional but it was hot and fresh, worth the extra if you have 2 people in the room. My only complaints is I housekeeping should pay a little more attention to detail when replacing coffee mugs in the rooms, and they should hire a bellman to take the bags up to the rooms due to fact people don't know how to drive the luggage carts and the walls and elevators were looking kinda of ugly with all the scratches. Overall I was very pleased and would return again especially if the prices stay below 90.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for the review. We hope your father is doing better. We are sharing your comments about the Housekeeping staff with our Executive Housekeeper. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that our staff will be happy to help you with your luggage at anytime. Just let us know at the Front Desk and we'll have someone to you immediately.
Thaks again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

To make a loooong story short...I changed my initial 3 days visit down to 2. Informed FD of the change at check-in, followed all requirements with booking site (Hotels.com) was ashured by FD Rep at check-out that all paperwork was recieved from Hotels.com and Mngr will finish & finalize the change in my stay come Monday then credit can be issued. I returned a week later for a 2nd stay spoke again with same FD Rep re: 1 night credit for the 2 seperate rooms we had booked. Again assured all was fine and that credits to my credit card thru Hotels.com may take some additional time. Well weeks later I get an email from Hotels.com that Crown Plaza has denied the credit request.
I emailed Crown Plaza cust. care and about a month later recieved a call from the General Mngr who basically called me a LIAR and denied the existence of ALL the employees that I spoke with during my 2 stays at the Crown Plaza and denied even the possibility of what I was told by the "ficticious employees" as true. The General Manager has show me by his rudeness and calling me a liar that Crown Plaza just tells their guests WHATEVER they want to hear at the moment to get THEIR $ but does not stand by their word. Finally I was offered 2 free nights at your SAC NE location. Why would I be FOOL enough to believe another employees word from this establishment????

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pamela L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Pamela L,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guests services.

I am truly sorry for the lapse in service with reference to your reservation issues. We deeply regret the inconvenience this has caused you and the dissatisfaction you have encountered with our level of service. I apologize for the negative impressions you may have had.

Dhan M