Hyatt Regency Sacramento
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,830 results
All reviewsconvention centeracross the streetvines restaurantcapitol buildinglobby barbeautiful parkself parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancevery nice hotelearly checkenjoyed my staybusiness tripdowntown areachecking ingreat roomold sacramento
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Very modern and elegant. Upon arriving you receive a very warm greeting from the staff who will valet park your car, or you can self park. The front desk people are very courteous and friendly. This was a great rate I paid for this hotel as I was attending a convention next door. The rooms are very modern, the beds are soooo comfortable, I slept so great! Each room has a sliding glass door with a tiny balcony to step out on. I had a room with a pool view, very nice. Room 337. Nice size bathroom with all the extras-blowdryer/toothpaste/cottonballs/shampoo/conditioner/extra towels, etc. Maid service is very accomdating, they are on it and ready to take care of everything. The restaurant, Dawsons is so nice. Excellent steak and seafood and very fine service. They have a bar/lounge Amourath 1819, it is very nice as well-good service, great drinks and small plates menu. This property is located in downtown Sacramento, Great location for walking in downtown. Overall, this is a great hotel, I will/would definitely stay here again! Thank you to the hotel staff for all the did/do to make it a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Awesome feedback, thank you for sharing! I'm glad to hear you had the opportunity to stop in to Dawson's and Amourath, hopefully you had a chance to spend a little time at the pool as well. We look forward to having you back when you return to Sacramento!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The hotel has the perfect location in downtown Sacramento across the street from the Capital, adjacent to performing arts center and near some fun restaurants. Our corner room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable and linens were quite nice, robes were in the room. The bathroom was clean....but did not have a great deal of counter space. My one complaint would echo others, for the room price, wireless Internet should be included...especially for Gold Passport members. No one wants to hang out in the lobby...which had limited seating for the size of the hotel....to access free Internet...it does make the guest feel like they are being nickeled and dimed.
The staff was very friendly...check in was great, bell men and valets superb. Waitstaff was very nice..but seemed a bit short staffed...to be fair we came into the lobby bar after a concert along with several others and we all wanted a bite to eat...and only had 5 minutes to decide and then our simple order was behind two more complicated orders...so we waited for quite a while to get a piece of cake and then my husband's coffee was cold......BUT...we were able to tell waitress and she engaged some help and he soon had a wonderful French press coffee brought to him...nice save by the staff....we were enjoying the warm Sacramento evening by the outdoor fireplaces..so it was a pleasant wait. Brunch staff seemed a bit busy also. Overall though, this is where I would stay again on any return trip to Sacramento.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank CACuriousVagabond
Reviewed 7 July 2013

During our visit to Sacramento the Hyatt Regency was recommended to me when I asked for the best hotel in town as we absolutely needed a good night of sleep.

Unfortunately this important requirement was not fulfilled by the Hyatt Regency. While the bed in our room was comfortable, I had problems to sleep and woke up numerous times because of different noise that was not faded sufficiently by the apparent thin walls and doors in this hotel: Air Conditioning humming of the neighboring room (I switched off my AC), hotel phones ringing in the adjacent rooms, people talking in the hallway, knocking on doors, use of the ice machine, toilet flushing, etc.

Other than that, the room was nice and the staff courteous. The location is as close to the capitol as it can get.

The pool is located outside and is quite small. It was full with people and children so that swimming was impossible.

Wifi in the room was not free, only in the lobby, which seems inconsistent and an unnecessary restriction. Breakfast was not included.

Parking is possible for an additional fee in the hotel's garage. Street parking is possible, but meters accept only a maximum of one hour. Parking is free on the street on Sundays and from 6 pm to 8 am.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 37Jay
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

I'm very sorry to hear about the noise issues you experienced. We are currently testing different noise cancelling devices, but in the future please don't hesitate to contact the Front Desk about hallway noise. We have Security Officers on property 24 hours a day that are more than happy to address any disturbances you encounter. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed here for a business related conference and brought my husband and two kids along. Although it's not ideal for small kids due to things like little balconies and minibars (I have a three year old), the staff worked with me to kid-proof the room, i.e. removing the minibar items and locking the fridge. The staff were very nice and accomodating, esp. appreciated the porters and the breakfast servers. Pool is lovely. Central location and many attractions walkable.

Room Tip: we had a view of the Capitol building, lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed there last week and loved it. The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and courtious. It was very conviently located to many stores and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013