“Nice place, very well appointed, great staff”

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Draper, UT
“Nice place, very well appointed, great staff”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a very nice hotel, with a great staff to go with it. The rooms are very nice, large, and just nice like you expect at a Hyatt. The bathroom was also very nice, I might add. The breakfast and lunch buffets were also quite good. We also rented a conference room and it was perfect for us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
So glad that you were comfortable and we could help you & your co-workers get the job done. Come back any time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento last weekend while we helped move my daughter into the dorms at UC Davis. I've only stayed at one other Hyatt (Austin) and remember it being fabulous... Therefore, we expected more from our 2nd experience with them.

The Good Stuff First: 1. Check-in went good - the service from the luggage guy (are they still called Bellhops?) was great and the front desk personnel were very professional, courteous and quick. 2. The beds were very comfy and clean. 3. The lobby bar had very good service and we loved the almonds that they served with your drink. 4. The parking was very easy to access and it wasn't too expensive to self park.

Bad Stuff: 1. We found our room to be kind of dingy... There was what looked like months worth of hair and dust along the carpet edges, especially along the wall where the bathroom door opened to, as if the door was always open when the room was vacuumed and no one ever checked behind it. There were dirty hand prints all over the interior of the room door and hair on the bathroom floor. 2. We were on the 4th floor, directly above a "smoking station" that was located outside of the pool area. Everyone would come stand at the ash tray and smoke... and of course, all of the smoke would drift up and into our open balcony door. 3. People were allowed to yell and laugh at the pool area well into the night. It was a cool night and we would have liked to have kept our balcony door open, but had to close it because of the noise. 4. The television is set to not allow you to turn up the volume past a certain point. Both my husband and I had a hard time hearing it at the low level the hotel allows. This should be the guest's decision... not the hotel's. 5. We ate breakfast on Sunday in the hotel restaurant and the service was very lacking (the food, when I finally got it was delicious). They weren't that busy, yet we had to ask for coffee and water refills and for ketchup twice. The only attentiveness we got was when they gave us the bill. 6. No plugs on the bedside table. (We were spoiled when we stayed at the Marriott last week!)

Room Tip: Don't get a room above the "smoking area"!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Trekgurl
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay. The specifics that you described are disappointing and not representative of the high standard to which we hold ourselves. I will be sharing your comments with our Directors of Housekeeping and Food and Beverage so that they might follow-up accordingly. Thank you again for being our guest.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I spent a weekend exploring Sacramento. The hotel is across from Capital Park, 5 minute walk to the California State Capital, and 15 minute walk to Old Town. There is a bus stop one block from the hotel where you can catch a bus to/from the airport. Like other Hyatt I have stayed, the room is clean and functional; bed comfortable. The window can be opened to let in the cool air at night. The gym is not directly attached to the hotel - it requires going outside and walking a block. Not many restaurants near the hotel are open on weekends or evenings - I believe this is because downtown mainly consists of workers who are there during the weekdays and live elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. I'm very glad that our property fit your needs well and you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully, should your travel plans bring you back to Sacramento, we'll see you back again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Was there for 1 night on business - it was decent enough place. Central to where I needed to be. Clean room. Bathroom was a bit tired and the showers did not work - had to call in maintenance. Food was ok - expensive room service. Nothing more to really add as it was a quick in and out trip. Would probably go back there if on a business trip - was keen to try out their swimming pool but due to traffic from San Fran I got delayed and just crashed as I got to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to try out our pool. We look forward to having you back again in hopes that you can try it out on your next visit.
WA
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I was disappointed with the Hyatt in Sacramento on two levels. I've stayed here before and have found the hotel a typical Hyatt - very nice. However when I was asked to train in Sacramento again and the training was offered at the Hyatt, I learned that they expected me the previous day and when I didn't register they gave away my room. I can understand the tendency to want to sell the unused rooms and the confusion on what day I was going to initially check-in is understandable (maybe even my fault!). However they did not check with the contact staff for the trainers for this program before they cancelled the subsequent nights of my stay. The contact staff on-site were as surprised as I was when we learned of the confusion. Secondly they were rude about it. I was advised that I was a "no-show" (as in "you are a no-show"!) I felt like I needed to take a shower or something. When the manager was summoned (I didn't ask for a manager - I understand if there aren't any rooms available) he also advised me that i was a "no-show" (which explained why the desk clerk had an edge; she learned it from her manager).
So, I was advised to go elsewhere. Look for my very favorable review of The Citizen Hotel. :-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize that we were unable to accomodate your reservation due some confusion regarding your arrival date. When a reservation does not check into our system, there is unfortunately not a time allotment that allows for us to call each guest and confirm whether or not the room is needed. Rather, the subsequent room nights automatically return to our inventory. I can understand how this would be frustrating though and am very sorry for the negative impact this had on your trip to Sacramento. I am more disappointed; however, that you found our staff's attitude to be anything less than kind and empathetic. This is certainly not the lasting impression that we would like you to have of our hotel. I truly hope that should your travel plans bring you back, you'll consider coming back to see us again.
venice beach, ca
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Here it is trip advisees...

This Hotel is absolutely fantastic. It is directly across the street from Capitol Park which boasts one of every tree (in the state) known to the state of California.

It is also a great hotel. Clean (very clean), spacious rooms with a window that opens and for any of you who spend as much time as I do in hotels, you know how important this is and I'm not even a smoker. I just like fresh air.

Lets get to the thing I like even more than that and being staffed really well...
THE POOL! with lots of sunshine, Sacramento can get rather hot (91/33 today) and there is nothing better than a pool to cool off.
Even though Sacramento is home to both the Sacramento and American Rivers, it's nice to order a drink and relax poolside.

Eat Mexican at Tres Hermanas, Fat City, The Virgin Sturgeon for riverside dining and local color or just about anywhere downtown. The city has had many makeovers but the current state is fantastic.

Close to shopping, biking along the american river. rent a car and drive to the delta, rich with Chinese/American history and beauty along the waterways. Take a day and float down the American River from Sunrise Blvd (River Rat Raft Rentals or any of the many others up there) to Watt Ave... It's relaxing and refreshing as well as just plain stunning. Go fishing just 10 blocks from this hotel or walk into anyone of its bars which there is 1 bar for every 100 people in this town.

It also has parking for 3 45ft/15 meter) busses (arrange in advance) and for those of you who follow my posts, will know how important this is!

Enjoy and thank you Hyatt!

Room Tip: Face the pool if you can!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Megahn S, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our hotel's amenities. Should your travel plans bring you back to Sacramento, we'll look foward to having you back as our guest.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for a conference. Very nice room, large, comfortable bed. Pool and bar were excellent. Meeting rooms were very nice, meals and snacks were great. The gym is odd; you have to go outside the hotel, around the block, and past the dental office! They should put the gym inside the hotel itself. The only thing is that the meeting rooms were really cold; that was very welcome after a hot day, but you need a jacket or sweater if you have an all-day conference.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! We will definitely look in to the temperature settings in our meeting spaces, and we look forward to see you again!