“Always a great stay”

Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
“Always a great stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It had been a while since I'd stayed at this Hyatt, but the staff made me feel like family. Great service, great room, comfortable bed, and very clean. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!! I love the "quiet hours" observation as well....I heard nothing!!

Room Tip: Upper floors, rooms facing the pool is where I stayed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Tranquility is of the utmost importance to us! We want all our guests to have an enjoyable experience and the "quiet hours" are just one of the many programs we have implemented to facilitate this. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 July 2014

There are signs that tell you there is free wireless in the rooms. Make sure you read the fine print, I.e., if you spend $10 at Starbucks. The business center? The charge is $15 for the first 15 minutes and 50 cents per minute afterwards! The manager (see homecookSeattle's post one week prior) minimizes complaints by saying there is complimentary wireless in the lobby. Management: check out my profile and you will see that I have traveled many times in Europe, Canada, and the U.S. and never have I seen anything this cheap. Everyone in the business center was complaining and likewise dumbfounded. Too bad about this practice because it detracts from everything else that is so good here. Check in/out was efficient; staff were pleasant and professional, the restaurant was great; our corner room was good-sized and comfortable; the fitness center was large and well-equipped; etc. I won't be back unless management makes my stay fully comfortable and reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BruininEurope
We also offer complimentary internet for your stay when you enroll in our loyalty program, and it continues to be complimentary with Platinum and Diamond status. We also offer multiple packages that include internet in the rate. In regards to the Business Center, it is currently operated by a separate company but I would be happy to share your feedback with them regarding the rates. Thank you for posting your review!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This property could not be closer to the State Capitol or the Sacramento Convention Center, making it very nice if you are travelling to one of those locations. The hotel itself has spacious rooms, decent city views on upper floors, and good eating options within the hotel and nearby. The hotel has that old but renovated feel, where some aspects of the rooms and public spaces are quite nice and yet others feel dated. The staff were super helpful and efficient. If this hotel had cost half what I paid, I would give it 5 stars, but as it is, even with a conference discount, it seems overpriced for a second-tier destination like Sacramento.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank krubin
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We do have a great location and a wonderful team of associates! Thank you for posting your review and sharing your feedback!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I logged well over 100 nights at Hyatt Regency Sacramento over 2013 – 2014, and it truly became home away from home.

Hotel is very clean, very well maintained, location is perfect. Staff is very friendly and professional. I had several requests and they accommodated them promptly. Great Regency Club lounge.

My family also spent two months with me in summer 2013 and they also enjoyed Hyatt’s hospitality very much.

Many thanks to all hardworking folks there: John, Kami, Katelyn, Tanya and all.

The only issue is that you have to go outside and around the corner to get to gym. Quite uncomfortable, especially if it’s cold morning or raining. I've never seen anything like that.

Still, I’d highly recommend this hotel to all fellow business travelers.

Room Tip: Club level is great
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Igor_E_211
Thank you so much for posting your review! Our associates truly are the heart and soul this hotel, I can't wait to share your feedback with them and hopefully we will see you back soon!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a double room - two beds, two people. We got one luggage rack, one towel bar and a sink with room for one toiletry bag. Our view was of a parking lot and the AC fan for the hotel was below us so we couldn't open our window for the noise. And it is a pet peeve when high end hotels charge for internet. They may as well charge for TV as well, it is a phony way to increase the room rate as a hidden charge.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank dinner206
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your recent stay! I wanted to take a moment clarify that although we do charge for internet in the room, the basic internet is $9.95 for 24 hours. We also offer complimentary wireless internet throughout our lobby and Amourath Lounge. Additionally, we have two computers in our lobby that offer complimentary service for maps and directions, weather updates, and checking in for flights and printing boarding passes. Our associates are here to assist, so please do not hesitate to ask if there is something we can provide to make your stay more enjoyable!!
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We just stayed here for Father's day weekend and loved it! Every concern or request was met with a smile and taken care of immediately. You had to spend $10 at their starbucks to have wifi free in your room and when my husband forgot to get a receipt all I had to do was walk to the front desk and "no problem". Grandchild moved something in the mini-bar but did not use it so when we rec'd a charge they immediately took it off. We also asked for a later checkout and again, no problem. Pefect location for walking to restaurants and going to a play. If you self-park in the garage...make sure to keep your room key to prove you have stayed at the hotel. (They did believe us and let us drive out) Hotel has your charge on the bill but when we drove out they want to charge you or ask for your key. Guess you could show your bill too? Hotel did not tell us this.

Room Tip: We would have liked a room facing the trees and street instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Grandparents2013
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I'm so sorry the key for the Parking garage wasn't communicated to you better! You certainly can show the Parking Garage Attendant your receipt, but if you hold on to the room key it can be used on last time to open the gates and then placed in the dropbox to be returned to the hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback, hopefully we will see you back for Father's Day next year!!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was my second time here, I'm usually here for a yearly industry event in the Spring time and It's always a pleasure. I enjoy checking in and being send off to my room with a complimentary glass of champagne. They sometimes have wine tasting in the lobby during the early evenings. The staff is always friendly and professional. The rooms are clean and comfortable (usually with a view overlooking the pool or the Capitol building), a mini refrigerator is available by request, free wi-fi is available in lobby but not in the rooms, however, you could bypass that my making a small purchase from the Starbucks located by the side of the hotel.

Room Tip: I can't say, I'll never gotten a "bad" room, I've stayed in three different ro...
Green Features: I think it's wonderful and a great way to set an example, makes it even more likely I will continue to stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NovieW
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the GREAT review!! We look forward to having you and your group back next Spring!!