“Consistently terrific”

Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here dozens of times over the year and it is always a great experience. Facility is nicely maintained, rooms always clean, nice quality linens and furnishings, decent food and bar. Best part? Super polite, service-oriented staff. Doormen, bellmen, and especially front desk. Christian checked me in this time and he was attentive, courteous and eager to make sure I was happy.

Overall, it's a typical corporate flavor of vanilla, but this Hyatt always lives up to my expectations.

Right across the street from the state Capitol, has a newly expanded spa and gym. Even bike rentals on site!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! The bike rentals are a new amenity and so far this has been the perfect summer to get out and explore on two wheels. We will also be further expanding the the gym and spa facility by the end of the year, adding an additional treatment room for the spa and new equipment and space for the fitness center!! Thanks again for sharing your feedback!!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Sacramento

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was the best option for our group to attend business meetings at the California Department of Education. They offer a government rate which makes it reasonable. Because of its location, we just parked once and could walk to the CDE and to local restaurants for meals, saving time and money. The hotel is very well kept and the staff is friendly. I wish they offered free wi-fi and had more reasonable prices for room service, but this was the best option this time. We usually opt for a Radisson, Marriott, or other hotels that are a better value and offer more amenities. However, the luxury of the facilities was certainly a nice treat. One bummer about Sacramento is that trains run throughout the city and make noise at night. If you're a light sleeper, pack ear plugs.

Room Tip: I love rooms on high floors because they are quieter. I was on the 14th floor in a corner room, so i...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ollie559
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! While we don't provide complimentary internet in the room we do offer it through out the lobby and our Amourath lounge. We also offer various promotions that include internet in the rate. As for ear plugs, no need to pack them, just let our team members know and we will be happy to have a pair brought to your room! Thank you again for your wonderful comments!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We spent two nights here while going to a concert in the Sacramento area. We had a king corner room with a view of Capitol Park which was quite nice. Room service for breakfast was good and on time. Valet parking is well run too.
We didn't eat at any of the restaurants but did try the bar. It was OK but charged above norm for drinks and closed down prior to midnight on a Saturday evening. Weird. Their claim to an extensive wine list is more marketing than fact, but it is alright.
All the personnel were very friendly and helpful as you would expect at a Hyatt, which seems to really stress this with their staffs. So my only real complaint is that they charge $10 for internet. That is ridiculous. Much less expensive hotels have it gratis. So they should really reconsider this charge. They have some gimmick with Starbucks to get "free" if you buy there, but that is, to me, just a cheap ploy.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a park view are the best. Lots of elevators so not inconvenient waiting time. If...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our bar closes at midnight so it is unusual for it to be shutdown prior to this time. I will definitely follow up with our Food and Beverage team to ensure this doesn't occur in the future and also follow up in regards to our wine list. We do offer an additional wine selection in Dawson's our fine dining restaurant which I would consider more extensive than the offerings in our Amourath Lounge. Thank you for taking a few moments to share your comments!!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I rated this place a 3/average only because management finally tried to make-up for my unhappiness upon checkout with a free upgrade for the “next” time I stay with their chain. Sarcasm alert: ...yay...! Here’s the breakdown of my experience: wasn’t given the room I had reserved 3 months in advance, given runaround by front desk staff, rude/unfriendly management (Elizabeth), lack of basic amenities (no micro or "free" fridge in the room / no vending machines on any floors; if you want a Coke you’ll need to go to the first floor past the lobby to the gift store! And don’t even think about moving one of the beverages in the fridge that is in the room (Oh you did move it? Bummer, that just cost you $6!), lack of seating in an awkward and sparsely furnished room, A/C was questionable, maids didn’t restock coffee/sugar, gift shop closed while one and only worker disappears to who knows where, etc, blah blah, blah. Nothing impressive about this place at all besides its location. It's a fairly quick 15-20 minute walk to Old Town, but you'll have to walk past a run-down part of downtown. The one bright spot of my experience was the valet guys. They were friendly, prompt, and courteous! There is a Sheraton right next door so if you have to stay in SAC for a conference and you have a choice, consider your options carefully. SAC Hyatt gave me the impression that they were all about the flash and the almighty $ but lacked on customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a park/pool and/or Capitol view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jon B

Thank you for your genuine feedback! While I am disappointed to hear about your stay we appreciate the opportunity to identify our guests concerns so we can follow up with the associates in those areas. You are correct that we do not provide refrigerators and microwaves in our guest rooms, we do however have a microwave available for guest use and miniature refrigerators that can be placed in the room on a first come first serve basis. Again, thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustration, but hope you will consider staying with us in the future. I am confident that given another opportunity we can prove to what a truly wonderful hotel we really have.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for two nights in July 2014. Really nothing special about hotel aside from great location. Ordered a manhattan from the bar which was about half full in the glass when served to me. Discussed same with bartender who pointed to the surveillance camera which is focused on her as she works to make sure that she limits drink orders to corporate specifications. The room was adequate but nothing special or not standard for higher end hotels. Waste paper baskets were not lined with plastic bags which should be standard, particularly to have available for food products.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Pete S
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback! To clarify, we no longer use plastic bags to line the waste bin as part of our "Green Initiative". All of our waste bins should have a removable hard plastic liner placed inside. Please don't let this discourage you from using the waste bin as the liner is cleaned daily when the trash is emptied by our room attendants.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is at a great location: just in front of the Capitol. This means you can also jog around the Capitol park in the morning. The old town is ~10 blocks walk away, and there are many restaurants just a block away. The room was OK, but a bit outdated and the air conditioning could be better. I went there for a conference, and didn't rent a car. To go to the airport, you can save a lot of money by taking the bus from the Community center just half a block away - pay $2 instead of $40. For breakfast I liked the hotel buffet but went to the corner Starbucks for a cheaper nice alternative. I loved the pool and the poolside rest areas - very shady and confortable. Last but not least - the lounge at the 15th floor had great views, specially at sunset.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Traveler21century
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Sacramento is a very pedestrian friendly, I'm glad you were able to take in some of the sights during your stay. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for a national disabilities and higher ed conference and thoroughly enjoyed my 6 day stay. My room was quite large and tastefully decorated with a Juliette balcony on overlooking the pool. After a grueling flight with delays and baggage not making my connection, I was greeted by a very personable staff person at registration who set things right. During my entire stay, all the staff were very helpful. The hotel has a good size outdoor pool, a relaxing lounge bar, a very good value buffet lunch, and a perfect location convenient to the city's sights and restaurants. But most of all - great staff!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TonyNYC-NY
Megahn S, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Our staff is truly our greatest asset!! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our many amenities and the surrounding area, hopefully you can come back and visit us again soon!