“Over priced for the value”

Hilton Sacramento Arden West
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
“Over priced for the value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed for a New Year's event. Room was small, bed not overly comfortable, facilities for dining and drinks was minimal. More like a two star Ramada or Best Western than a Hilton Hotel. I definitely would not stay here again unless there were no other options...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Kelly R
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Kelly R,
Thank you for sharing you feedback from your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that we did not met or exceed your expectations. Our hotel offers a full service restaurant, bar and room service daily which limited service hotels do not offer. Although on New Year’s Eve, due to demand, reservations are needed for the restaurant we still offered room service and multiple bars (in addition to our normal bar) to accommodate all guests of our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you would reconsider trying us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Fresno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was a little surprised by what I found at this property with the reviews that I had read. The lobby is very inviting as you walk in. The front desk agents all had smiles as I approached. Check in was a breeze. The room is of average size, but clean from the carpets to the bathroom. Bed was comfortable with four pillows on the king bed. Nice desk for your work station with plenty of outlets. Coffee maker in the room, which is huge for me. There is a $9.00 parking charge now, which just bugs me to no end for some reason. All the years I have stayed here there was not charge. Location is not the best, although it is very safe. I did see more women here than at most other Hiltons. All that being said, I will be back to the Hilton Arden West.

Room Tip: Anything above the 4th floor will give you a view of the city, although most of the view is of the f...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mickey P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Thank you or highlighting some of the amenities we offer and the great service you receive from our team. The safety of our guests in addition to providing great service is what we strive for everyday. We look forward to welcoming you back many times over in the future.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here during a recent business trip, primarily due to the other Hilton properties in the downtown area being booked. The hotel is clearly dated, but some work has begun to renovate it. The location is not very ideal, unless you want to be close to a shopping mall. There was, what looked to be, a very nice restaurant (4+ stars) on the premises, but otherwise, nothing very special. I would only stay here again if I could not find another available Hilton property closer to downtown.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the highway interchange
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sted,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand; I wish we had been a better fit for you during your business trip. Although not centrally located in the downtown area we are a short drive from the area and serve as a wonderful home away from home to guests who may not want to be in the middle of the downtown area or have business closer to this business area. In addition to our restaurant and bar, there are lots of choices for dining in the immediate area as well as the Arden Fair mall which is the best mall in Sacramento. We are always striving to improve our product as well; we hope if the chance presents itself you would consider joining us again in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

The NYE party is always fun here and we got a good deal on the party/stay package after calling the front desk. I wouldn't recommend it for the below 30 crowd. It's not that kind of party. The stay here is great ANY time of the year so if you're in this area, you want to check it out.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisorMember,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the New Year’s Eve event and the experience you have at our hotel throughout the year! I hope you will be joining us again very soon!
Roseville, CA, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel, while Hilton, left me dissatisfied. The bathroom was dated and old, with a 1980's pocket door that didn't close all the way. There is also an additional charge for parking, which is awful, since this hotel isn't in the heart of a city. Telephone was also broken, never fixed, and no discount given.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Marcus M
Dear Marcus M,
I apologize that you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that the phone in the room was not functioning properly and the problem with the bathroom door. I appreciate you bring this problem to our attention and I can assure you we strive to maintain a great product but we also want to fix anything that falls short. I would encourage you to contact the hotel directly if there is something we can do to resolve the problem. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on Trip Advisor.
Dublin, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Comfy bed. That's about all I can say, otherwise it was noisy due to it being apparently very old and the floors and walls seem so thin I could hear people walking all the time I was there from above room 917. And a periodic BANG as if someone was dropping weight lifting equipment once every few minute. I could not sleep. Thus I left not rested. A lot of money for so little rest, the room was $179 plus tax for New year's.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Bruce A
Dear Bruce A,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed the bed but am sorry to hear that the rest of your experience was not a great one. New Year’s Eve is a wonderful evening full of fun and parties but noise can sometimes be more excessive on a night such as this. I can assure you that outside of a special occasion as this noise is not an issue. I am truly sorry that we did not succeed in providing a quiet restful night’s sleep; I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Quincy, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I am giving this property a very good review because of the staff, namely Esther. I had read that this Hilton charged $9 for daily parking. They may have there own justifications, but don't agree one iota. When we checked in, I requested rooms away from the freeway. The desk clerk said he could give us one room away from the freeway, but not 3 rooms as requested. (Strike two) Being a light sleeper, I really like to have a quieter room (so insist ON GETTING A ROOM AWAY FROM I-80 FREEWAY AND INSIST ON THIS REQUEST). The next morning, I talked to Esther who was on duty and she apologized for the other clerk's not honoring the request. She "fixed" the problem by comping the three of us for a full breakfast. ALSO, even though we checked in together (there were 3 rooms in 2 reservations) and we traveled together, all 3 rooms were charged $9 for the overnight parking. I called the front desk the next morning and asked the clerk (not Esther) to remove 2 of the $9 parking charges. The clerk assured me that he had, but apparently he didn't because one of the group looked at his itemized statement and it said $9 for parking. (I all ready had this charge on my room) This all happened between 1-1-14 and 1-2-14. We did eat @ the bar the night of 1-1-14 and we found the food to be fine. The service was also good. (The dry martini I ordered, not so good BTW). Over all, I would have given this property an average rating because the desk clerk who checked us in did not pay attention to all details as mentioned above. If it hadn't been for Esther this morning, I would not have been very happy with the service and would have given this property an average rating. (I'm ranting, I know, but people need to know to watch their bills and insist on their requests being honored) And Hilton, why in the world would you charge $9 for overnight parking? There were 12-15 cars in the entire lot on the night of 1-1-14. (yes, there had been a New Year's Eve party the night before and you made a lot of money with the parking charge)

Room Tip: Ask and insist on a room away from the freeway, especially if you are a light sleeper..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear GrumpyTraveler11,
Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to point out someone who made things right for you. Your comments will be shared with our entire team and also be used as a learning opportunity. We make every attempt to fulfill the requests of our guests if we are able to do so, I apologize that we were unable to do so on this occasion. I hope you consider us in your future travels plans and hope you have a wonderful week.