“Great hotel!”

Hilton Sacramento Arden West
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Hilton Sacramento Arden West and was almost 100% pleased with my stay. The hotel is very nice, great lounge, well prepared food and good choices in the restaurant, and conveniently located. The only complaint was that when checking in, I asked if the room was quiet because I am a light sleeper and I was told it was. When I arrived, already hot and exhausted from a long drive, the key did not activate the air or the lights as I was told and the room was overlooking the freeway and noisy. I spoke to a very courteous housekeeper who told me I should be able to change rooms. I was able to do so, and found the room to be ideal. Just wish we could have been offered the quiet side of the hotel at the beginning, prior to unpacking, etc. Other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Gorman6,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sacramento Arden West. We are happy to hear your experience with us was a good one and apologize for the delay in finding you an ideal room location. Also, thank you for the kind words about our staff and other amenities. I hope that you will join us again in the near future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a reunion to attend nearby in Sacramento. Our reservations at the Hilton were perfect.. The location being near downtown and CalExpo was exactly what we were looking for.. The rooms were clean and quiet. The building being older the rooms were not spacious but we didnt stay in them much.. the bar was excellent .. all i n all we had a good timie...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear jjoker9,
Congratulations on your reunion. I am happy to hear that we were the perfect hotel for you and that you had a god time! We look forward to having you join us again in the near future. Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff was lovely, the food in the bar area was excellent (although the service was very, very slow), and the room was comfortable. My only complaint would be the fact that they charge you for parking. This hotel isn't downtown, the parking lot is shared with an office complex and it's huge. I can possibly see charging parking for people who are not hotel guests but the rooms aren't cheap so throwing in parking would be a nice thing to do. The breakfast buffet was also very good. The food was hot and plentiful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear beachl0ver1972,
Thank you for taking the time to review us through Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback as it is essential to our business. Although we charge for parking our rates are competitive with the other full service hotels in the area who also charge for parking. I am happy to hear that the rest of your stay was great and you enjoyed the food services as well. We hope you will join us again very soon should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment I walked in I felt welcomed! Everyone was very accommodating throughout my entire stay. The room was much quieter than other hotels I've visted. Parking was also more convenient than others.

Dear Heather S,
Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Hilton Sacramento Arden West. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and the kind words you had about our staff. We hope you will visit us again very soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Sacramento Arden West from May 19-21 on business and had an excellent experience. The staff was very helpful and the room was clean and restful. I liked the signs near the elevator that asked everyone to be quiet in the hallway so as not to disturb others. I know there were large gatherings at this time and I’m sure that sign helped keep my visit pleasant. The onsite restaurant was nice too. The breakfast was well cooked and the restaurant staff was friendly and attentive. I was helped in the business center and was very pleased that the young man stayed until he found a solution to my printing problem. Many would have left after the first try, but he stuck it out to find a solution for me. Much appreciated! The key employee, however, on this stay was Ester Taitai. She is a Hilton’s gem. I forgot my wedding ring on the bathroom sink, only to remember it while at the airport getting ready to leave. Luckily, I reached Ms. Taitai in my moment of need. She immediately sent someone upstairs to retrieve it. She reassured me that she would send it to me and I’d have it as soon as possible. Ms. Taitai made my week. She was calm and helpful when I was in need. THANK YOU ESTER! I received my ring the next day.

Dear Fairfax Virgina,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience through Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with our whole team! Thank you for personally recognizing Esther for taking ownership of the situation and taking care of you, our guest! We appreciate her hard work and appreciate your sharing your story with us!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Hilton Hotel Arden West in Sacramento was a disappointment. Hotel is very dated and hotel staff was very unprofessional and seemed unhappy to assist. I am sure there are better places to stay in Sacramento for the money. I would not stay there again!!!

1  Thank Lemster66
Summer A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Sacramento Arden West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Lemster66,
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to extend my apologies that your experience at our hotel was not a stellar one. I can assure you this is not typical of our staff as you can see from so many of our other reviews. I appreciate your feedback and I will share your comments with our team so that we can use this as a training tool as we strive to provide the best customer service possible to all of our guests. We hope you would consider giving us another chance to serve you in the future should your travels bring you back to Sacramento.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent service, clean rooms, nice exercise room. Quiet and relaxing. Close enough to everything such as eating places, mall, etc. Yet far enough that your not stuck in the middle of the chaos of trying to fight through traffic to get your room. Slightly off the grid, so not too much random traffic.

Dear Jerusha N,

Thank you for your kind review through Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your praise about our excellent service, our clean rooms and that we are a quiet and relaxing location! We hope you will join us again in the near future.