“Good value downtown inn”

Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town
Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Friendly front desk staff (Janet & Patty); great breakfast; clean rooms with free wifi; a monthly business stop for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
37  Thank Pam M
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

Dear Traveler,

We're thrilled to receive your high praises! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for other travelers. I will take great pride in sharing your nice sentiments with the staff. We hope to see you back in Sacramento soon!

Safe travels!

Reviewed 8 June 2012

The best part of a great overall experience at the Vagabond Inn Old Town Sacto is the wonderful customer service. Patty took the time to know me by name and exhibited the highest level of courteousness when attending to me. The rest of the staff is friendly and accommodating as well. Independent of this, I would like to acknowledge the airport pick up service, great breakfast, and the competitive prices as being contributing factors to my always choosing the Vagabond Inn at Old Town Sacto over other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
39  Thank El Z
msacoldtown, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Traveler,

We are always delighted to receive great reviews from our guests! Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your positive experience and thank you for giving kudos to our Front Desk Representative, Patty. I will take great pleasure in passing along your kind words.

We're so glad we exceeded your expectations, as that is always our goal, and we hope to see you back in Sacramento soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The best thing about this hotel is its location : it is very close to the train station , the old town and the highway and yet the noise level is very acceptable during the night . There is a good choice of restaurants in the Old Town nearby so if someone does not like to walk this neighborhood at night , the Old Town is only a 5 minutes walk from the hotel .
Service at the Vagabond Inn was excellent and the breakfast was good ! WI-FI was fast and did work in all parts of the hotel . The price was very good and only the fact that the room was very basic (but clean) did not award a 5 star rating

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
39  Thank belleretraite

Dear traveler,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We're glad to hear that you found our location convenient. We pride ourselves in our value and the amenities we offer such as free WiFi and an abundant breakfast that are appreciated by so many of our guests. I'm happy you had a comfortable stay. Please note that we are constantly updating and improving all aspects of the hotel and we hope that the location and services we offer bring you back again, soon.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Nice location since we were in Sacramento for the 39th Music Festival with largest # of venues in Old Sac. Also liked the free airport transportation.

Room Tip: We like rooms on the inside, back area of property, quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
38  Thank jbudde

Dear traveler,

We're so glad that our hotel worked for your music getaway. Thank you for leaving your comments andand tip. We hope you'll be back for the 40th Music Festival!

See you then!

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

So it's 1139pm on a Tuesday night and the construction sight literally 10 steps from my room is unbearable!! I can't believe they started construction at 1030!! Who does that next to a hotel?? I reserved this room a week and a half ago an they didn't have the reservation right. I have a service dog and the girl Amanda nearly had a heart attack when I mentioned him. So much for super pet friendly. The other room I reserved for my mother and grandmother- I requested a handicap room, here we go again.. Amanda rather than being polite and just accommodating began talking badly about her fellow employees. Honestly, the room looked and smelled great but the terrible attitude and construction sight at the front door was beyond anything I have ever experienced. I wish I could record these men with their jackhammers!! Stay away from this place for the next few months there are plenty of other hotels on the area for the same price.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Natigoosepoi
msacoldtown, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while at our hotel. Unfortunately, while we do our best to accommodate our guests at check-in without any difficulties, occassionaly incidents occur. I was glad to hear there were no problems with the rooms you and your party occupied. The city road work underway at the time of your stay is now complete. Again I apologize of any problems that caused.

Providing service and facilities at the best level we can achieve is the highest of our priorities. We are committed to providing our guests the best for the price in our area and a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I have reviewed this place before and I still love this hotel. I just wanted to let everyone know the Denny's next door is closed and there is no resturant there at this time. However you are so close to Old Sac there are plenty of other options and the free breakfast at the hotel is good.

We stayed on the pool side this time and enjoyed the pool.

Room Tip: The pool side is a little quiter, but you are still going to hear trains.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
38  Thank CarsonCityDeb

Dear Traveler,

We're so glad that you enjoyed your return visit with us. The hotel staff works hard to provide the best service to all of our guests and we so appreciate getting nice feedback from our guests. We're glad that everything was to your liking and that we could provide service and quality that is a step up from the norm. They are renovating the restaurant in front of the Inn which will reopen July 2, 2012 and I'm confident you'll be able to enjoy it on your next visit.

Hope you'll be back soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is your basic inn with all the necessary amenities for vacationers. We liked being close to the Old Town that is highly entertaining for a day in Sacramento (fun shops and restaurants). Clean and a very nice welcoming staff, good price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
39  Thank georgiap947

Dear Traveler,

Thanks for letting others know what a great experience you had at our hotel. We work hard to provide an outstanding value and it's always nice to hear from another satisfied guest! We hope you will be back the next time you find yourselves in Sacramento.

Safe Travels!