“Friendly Staff, Good Location”

Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Port Townsend
“Friendly Staff, Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

The Vagabond serves as a less expensive option for lodging, close to the Amtrak and Old Sacramento. The free airport shuttle and breakfast from 7 to 10 added to the experience.

Mattress was just right each visit. Walls aren't thin. City buses nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
msacoldtown, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
It is always nice to see return guests who appreciate the amentities that we have to offer such as the extensive free hot breakfast and our newly expanded 24-hour airport shuttle. Hope to see you the next time you visit Sacramento.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Turkish first
Crossville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We were concerned about staying here eventhough it was in the area we wanted to visit. Everthing meet or exceeded our expectations. Yes the hotel has some age but take a look inside. The room was quiet (I-5 nearby) clean and up to date with microwave, refrig, hair drier. Tempature was 108 degrees outside and our room stayed nice and cool.
We had been in CA for 10 days and I will say this was the best breakfast we had. Fresh fruit, fresh flower in the lobby. Very helpful and friendly staff.

We felt safe while walking around. I talked to other guests and they had the same experience.
Old Sacramento is across street, Amtrac is 1 block away and a very large mall is also 1 block away.
Rates are very reasonable and they offer free shuttle service.

I will stay there again.

Room Tip: We were concerned about staying here eventhough it was in the area we wanted to visit. Everthing me...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
msacoldtown, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Old Sacramento is great to visit. Hope you got to see the train musuem before the temperature reached it 107 degrees. Our property is in a great location like you said and we are always happy to assist our guests in any way we can. Thank you for your review and hope to see you in the near future,
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I am so happy I chose this hotel to stay at! The location was perfect, it was not too expensive, and it had everything you could need. I was able to check in early which was nice, have free breakfast both days, coffee and drinks were always available, and the shuttle service was amazing. I did not have to worry about how I would get to and from the airport and my interview. I am also a young women and stayed here alone and felt completely safe.Some reviews said it was loud, however you know you are by a freeway and in the city!! For me it was not too loud and I love the city living. The staff were also very nice and offered for me to check out late or hold my bad. Everything was clean, there was a TV, microwave, and refrigerator. Awesome hotel, I hope to be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and felt safe. We always enjoy hearing that our guest had a good time. We always like to hear thatyou were able to take time for our breakfast , to start you day . Please visit again when in Sacramento.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed May 30th, on our way north to Grass Valley. I requested a quiet room, away from highway noise, and they delivered. Friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Having a refrig and microwave was a plus. Free parking too. Breakfast was good. Easy walking distance to both the waterfront in old Sacramento, and to the State Capitol downtown. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Third (top) floor on the south side very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I hope you enjoyed your time in Grass Valley. I think thats a very nice area . Thank You for your kind words about our staff and Inn. We always appreciate knowing how our guests enjoyed there
stay and had time to visit some of the sights in Sacramento,
Vallejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stay here every year for the Sac Music Festival (formerly the Sac Jazz Jubilee) for the last eight of ten years. We can leave the car in the parking lot and walk everywhere. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we really appreciate the convenience.

Highly recommended!

We'd choose this hotel for any of our visits to Old Sac for the convenience and value.

Room Tip: We've stayed on several levels and various locations within the complex. All were fine except o...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our Inn. Its great to hear our guests have enjoyed and keep coming back to Vagabond Inn. I heard everyone had a great time at the music festival. Hopefully it will keep getting better each year, tHANK yOU AGAIN.
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I, cant believe, this is a great service,especially from the staff, the breakfast is excellent, and I,want say thanks a lot to the guys in the front of the doors. Excellent treatment. GOOD LOCATION,Very good price. We need only a few seconds to see the people very friendly.I recommended at everyone,my friends this hotel, CONGRATULATIONS GUYS.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Guillermo A
msacoldtown, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed our Inn. The staff is all about pleasing our guests. They will be pleased
that such a nice comment was posted. The breakfast gets everyone off to a good start for the day.
Thank you for taking the time to post the comments about your stay.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed here while on business in Sacramento. The hotel is in a great location to walk to old town and downtown. The property is a little shady... there were random people walking around the parking lot at night and while there is a security entrance on one side, the other side is wide open for anyone to walk in. The rooms are okay and clean. The bed had a nice IKEA feather quilt on it and the TV got a lot of channels, but the A/C unit didn't work consistantly causing the temperature to alternate between really warm and cold, and the shower made a loud screaching noise whenever it was turned on. The free hot breakfast is the highlight of the hotel. The waffles with fresh strawberries are delicious, although I did have to wait about ten minutes for them to replenish the supply when they ran out. It was okay staying here for a few days, but I will be looking for something nicer for my next stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travynwa
msacoldtown, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. I will certainly make sure we check both the A/C and shower head.

I'm sorry you had to wait for breakfast as it sometimes gets very busy in the dining area.

Again thak you for taking the time to let us know about your visit.