“Great Customer Service!”

Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Dixon, California, United States
“Great Customer Service!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn for my girlfriends birthday. We wanted to go to a nice dinner in downtown Sacramento and follow up the evening with a baseball game at the river cats. The price and location of the hotel fit our budget perfect, and we were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice hotel with very clean and comfortable room. The rooms had their own fridges, microwaves, and were clean and tidy. The customer service was excellent, from the front desk allowing us to check in early, to the wonderful customer shuttle the hotel offers taking us both to dinner downtown, picking us up, and dropping us off at the river cats stadium. The shuttle service just added to the amazing value, and our driver, who must be mentioned, Dennis, was an all around awesome person, very customer oriented, helpful, great personality, and I wish I had more money to give him an even bigger tip. The hotel is a wonderful value, with great customer service, and the managers at the hotel should know Dennis is the man, and deserves a raise. Because of his service and his attitude, accompanied by his hard work, I will recommend your hotel to anyone and everyone who is thinking of staying in old town.
Thanks guys!!!

Room Tip: I couldn't say, we only stayed in the one room on the third floor, It was very nice, so I would...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
msacoldtown, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you very much for writing a wonderful comment about Dennis, the staff and your stay at our property. I would like to personally thank you for being our valued guest and the opportunity to have provided you and your girlfriend with a convenient and enjoyable stay during the occasion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Turkish first
Fremont, California
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was on a one night trip to Sacto and mostly just needed a one night crash pad. Its been years, but I knew the Vagabond was right off of downtown, walking distance to Old Sac so figured I’d make it my crash pad. The rates were competitive to other places in downtown, my AAA rate was applicable which made it even better. I was pleased to see it was fairly well maintained, the front desk area nice, an internet room, and a spacious breakfast area for their hot breakfast and coffee.
The property is older, but appears to have been recently upgraded in furnishings and interior décor. The rooms nicely have a good size fridge and a microwave (darn it if this time I forgot my popcorn, oh well, put it back on my packing list!). The bed was comfortable, well made and clean. The bathroom suffers from the usual older property challenges in fixtures and design, but I’m happy as long as it is clean and functional.
Location is great if you are planning on visiting old Sacramento, Train Museum (one of the best in Calif), or have to connect to the Amtrak station (across the street). I didn’t note too much outside noise, but can imagine a light sleeper might just due to its central location. The Downtown Plaza Mall is down the block with plenty of shopping, a brew pub, and food court, also convenient for the traveler on a budget.
So fine for an overnight stay, and probably good for an extended stay if you are there to see the sights.

Room Tip: South side is NOT facing train station, might be better for light sleepers
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
msacoldtown, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Your review of the Vagabond is appreciated. It lets other travelers learn about our hotel and also surrounding areas. Next time you stay ask at the desk about popcorn. We sometimes keep some on hand at the desk and we're always happy to share.
Thank you and hope to see you again.
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I was very nervous about staying here on our drive to Palm Springs but the low price was so attractive we rolled the dice. It wasn't the nicest hotel that I've stayed at but it definitely wasn't the worst. The hotel is quite old reminiscent of the 60's when I used to travel with my family as a kid. The rooms are clean and the staff was very nice. The breakfast was basic but better than some that I've had at hotels and paid much more for. All in all it was a good value for the night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate all comments from our guest and try to make sure our guests have a plesant experience while staying at the Vagabond.Hope you come back while visiting or passing thru.
Middletown, California
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The Vagabond is a great place to stay. Clean rooms, nice breakfast, and friendly staff. Short walk to Old Sacramento easy access to "J" street and freeways. I have stayed at several of the hotels in the area and the Vagabond is the best deal. Free wifi, free parking, free shuttle.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
msacoldtown, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us and the nice comments. We know our guests have many choices for lodging in Sacramento, so we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.We are always happy to hear our guests enjoyed the breakfast and other amenities we have to offer. Please come see us again when ever you are in Sacramento.
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I took my Girl Scout troop and we had a great stay. It was close to old town and the Capital Building was within walking distance as well. The girls loved the pool and the staff was happy to put us in rooms just next to it. It is also next to a mall which was too a hit for the girls. Breakfast was great and the rooms were clean. The adults stayed in one room and the girls were just next to us. They were exhausted the next day from staying up most of the night but we couldn't hear them thank goodness. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
msacoldtown, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. We are glad you found your stay so enjoyable. We try to accomodate our guests in any way we can. As you said, our location is ideal for visiting many of the numerous attractions in our state capital. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Port Townsend
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The Vagabond serves as a less expensive option for lodging, close to the Amtrak and Old Sacramento. The free airport shuttle and breakfast from 7 to 10 added to the experience.

Mattress was just right each visit. Walls aren't thin. City buses nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
It is always nice to see return guests who appreciate the amentities that we have to offer such as the extensive free hot breakfast and our newly expanded 24-hour airport shuttle. Hope to see you the next time you visit Sacramento.
Crossville, TN
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We were concerned about staying here eventhough it was in the area we wanted to visit. Everthing meet or exceeded our expectations. Yes the hotel has some age but take a look inside. The room was quiet (I-5 nearby) clean and up to date with microwave, refrig, hair drier. Tempature was 108 degrees outside and our room stayed nice and cool.
We had been in CA for 10 days and I will say this was the best breakfast we had. Fresh fruit, fresh flower in the lobby. Very helpful and friendly staff.

We felt safe while walking around. I talked to other guests and they had the same experience.
Old Sacramento is across street, Amtrac is 1 block away and a very large mall is also 1 block away.
Rates are very reasonable and they offer free shuttle service.

I will stay there again.

Room Tip: We were concerned about staying here eventhough it was in the area we wanted to visit. Everthing me...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
msacoldtown, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Old Sacramento is great to visit. Hope you got to see the train musuem before the temperature reached it 107 degrees. Our property is in a great location like you said and we are always happy to assist our guests in any way we can. Thank you for your review and hope to see you in the near future,