“Professionalism”

Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Newark, New Jersey
“Professionalism”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had an interview in the city and the hotel was chosen by the company. I noticed the two stars rate but went along with the flow. I have the best comments on the "breakfast-personnel" who are friendly, service-oriented, clean and who cook flavorful dishes for the customers. The free shuttle is another advantage for anyone new-in-town visitor. The location is excellent. They deserve more stars!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We must agree our breakfast-personal are quite wonderful! Your complements will be passed along to them. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sacramento.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed for one evening and I have no complaints. The place is just across the Amtrak, and one has to just cross the street. Old town was quite nearby and it was a nice walk. The rooms seemed OK and the staff were very helpful. For the price we paid, I have no complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was convent for you. We hope to see you on your next trip to Sacramento.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this dump, based on good reviews from tripadvisor. Perhaps my expectations are higher than others, but I find that hard to believe. I was given a room with outdoor access, right near a major street. I was only able to feel comfortable enough to sleep once I blocked the door with a variety of chairs and tables. I will never stay here.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you did not feel safe due to the outdoor access. We do have the fences surrounding the property and at night we have personnel walking the grounds to help keep our guests feeling safe and secure. We will take this incidence under advisement and as we do our best to ensure that our guests feel safe and comfortable.
Redding, California
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very disappointing this hotel. First off great bed, and it the room is clean. I like to start off w/ a positive.

Negative. Room is very bright at night..the front wall of the room is glass and the curtain lets in bright light from the high rise next door, Also there is a glass window above the doors that have no shade at all. So if you don't like your room lit by outside light at night don't stay here, it's terrible. There is no way to get this room dark.

Internet does not work. and I'm not talking about oh I can't stream my youtube video not work. I'm talking I can't load a facebook page not work. very disapointed at that. The TV in my room is a SD 19'' from 1980. That was bad also.

summary clean room, but everything else was horrible I mean it's 2013. how the hell do you still have internet that dosen't work.

Room Tip: I wish I could, but it seems all the room have that window above the door that lets a very bright ou...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
msacoldtown, Front Office Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Sacramento Old Town, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the bed, and the cleanliness of the room. We do apologize for the excess of light and will take this under advisement as we seek to improve our hotel. We also offer our apologies with the issues with the internet, and will look into preventing issues such as those in the future. As for the TVs, we apologize for the outdated model, but are currently installing new 46" TV. We hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to Sacramento.
Sandy, Utah, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Right across the street from Amtrak, light rail stations, walking distance to old town and downtown Sacramento.

Older, a bit warn "standard" motel-like rooms. Noisy smokers were hanging out on the balcony hallway outside my room at inconvenient hours of the day and night for me, but overall the hotel was a little less "scary" than most downtown hotels near train stations. Breakfast was the usual continental "carbo-bomb" of waffles, pastries, cereal... but they did have OK fruit and yogurt.

I came in on the train for one night and instead of a car, I walked over to old town and rented a bike to see the city. They have great bike paths along the rivers, I highly recommend that.

Room Tip: South side very sunny (possibly hot), also probably has more traffic outside room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeff G
Thank you for your review. We are glad you were able to enjoy our location, but do apologize for the inconveniences. Sadly not everything is under our control. We do hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to Sacramento.
Merced
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here over the years and continue to come back! The location is great. Walking distance to just about anywhere downtown and old Town. Also the complimentary hot breakfast they offer is an added bonus! We'll always come back and stay when we are in Sacramento!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you so enjoy your stays with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Sacramento.
Placerville, California
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great location for visiting Old Town or if you need to use the Amtrak station. This was just a overnight stay since i had to be at Amtrak so early. They have a free shuttle. Room was very comfortable. Staff was cheerful and accomodating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
We thank you for your review. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our location and shuttle services were useful to you. We are glad to know that our staff was well appreciated and hope to see you on your next trip to Sacramento.