“Bad on the pool/Great in the rooms (Weekend review)” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas

Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
California
“Bad on the pool/Great in the rooms (Weekend review)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

THE BAD:

Stayed over for one day on our way to Reno.
It was a weekend.

It appears that on weekends the pool at the Residence Inn becomes a community pool to be used by the locals.
There was a big family birthday party taking over the pool and barbecue areas.
There were no chairs available nor pool towels. There is a small whilrpool for 5 people.
We counted 17 kids from ages 3-15 in this whirlpool.
In all there were 27 adults and 23 kids in a pool area for 20 people. (Can you spell Gastrointestinal infection.)
It happens that the pool was very cold and kids kept going from the pool to the heated whirlpool.
The pople at the party brought coolers into the pool area and there were people with beer/glass containers by the pool.
Garbage cans were overflowing, no staff on sight.
I had 2 kids with me, they just went in the pool for 3 mintes, but then we left as the pool smelled.

THE GOOD:
If you are a business traveler...
The rooms are spacious and comfortable.
Free WiFi.
Quiet rooms.
Near a small shopping center with Subway, Jack in the box, Baskin Robbins, Gas station, corner store (mini-market)

Room Tip: ASk for first floor room (No elevators)
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lalotp
RI95833, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear lalotp,

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies as I’m sure not having access to the pool was tough on your children. Although we had many youth sport teams in-house for the holiday weekend, the number of guest in our pool area was not acceptable. I assure you that our staff has been addressed about the safety concerns this poses, and how they can better handle the situation next time. I sure hope you give us another chance next time you’re passing through. Contact me directly and I’ll make sure you’re taken care of. Please reach out to me if there is anything further you’d like to discuss.

Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

Close to airport; staff were incredibly helpful; location is not easy to find but when I called the staff walked me through step by step (it was late at night) and didn't seem to mind the imposition. Then they recommended a great Chinese delivery close by as it was late and I didn't feel like going out for food. Would definitely recommend this hotel (once you find it). Again, room neat and comfortable; staff EXCELLENT!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank AlohaHonolulu
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

This is a very nice place to stay in Sacramento. We were upgraded to a two-bedroom suite. Very comfortable and clean. Free wireless internet, large bedrooms with comfy beds. Nice sitting area and kitchen. Front desk staff very helpful at all times. Shuttle driver went out of his way to be helpful, shuttle available to and from airport. Exercise room is a little small with only two treadmills, but usable.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Wilson60
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

Stayed for one night. Room was large, clean and nicely furnished. I thought the price ($99 studio room AAA rate) was great considering the area!

The courtyard contained a tennis court/basketball court. This is unusual for the Residence Inns I've stayed at in the past. The pool looked inviting but we didn't have time to use it.

My favorite thing about Marriott properties are the beds! Love the comfiness and the double sheeting, which means you aren't touching the same covers that the last umpteen visitors touched!

The only drawback was finding the place. It is situated behind a small, outdoor, neighborhood mall. There is only one Residence Inn sign, and it is out front of the mall. The sign is small and at ground level (probably due to a sign ordinance!)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patar
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

We arrived in the Sacramento area after a 500+ mile drive and just needed some place to stay. We tried other hotels in this area off the Interstate 5 and decided on this hotel because the rooms had queen beds and space. (For some reason, the other hotels only had two doubles in the rooms, no rooms with two queens). We were travelling with myself, my husband and our 10 year-old, so we needed at least two queens.

We were given a 1st floor two bedroom suite at the back of the hotel, but because I was uncomfortable with that location, asked to be moved closer to the front and on the second floor and the front desk accommodated us immediately. Fabian was very helpful and friendly!

Our room was very clean, the beds looked amazingly comfortable (although for me, the beds were a little too soft). Flat screen TVs in both bedrooms and the living room. Two bathrooms and a full kitchen. I almost wished we were staying longer than one night!

The free breakfast was pretty standard. The only thing I thought was strange was they only had wi-fi in the lobby area, not the rest of the hotel. They do offer cables to hook up your computer to the internet in the rooms though. We ended up in building 2 (room 222) and were right above the lobby, so we had wi-fi anyway.

All in all, this was a perfectly fine place to stop for the night!

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank AnneSoCal
Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

Stayed here over memorial day weekend while visiting friends near old town Sacramento. Location was confusing. Check in was easy and quick, however room looked nothing like what is pictured online ~ I felt deceived as my room was quite old looking and smelling. Highly recommend a rennovation to update rooms. Kitchen was nice to have, but very outdated. Walls very thin, could hear everyone walking down path behind my room. Bed and bath were both comfortable. Easy to find parking at night. With all the other options in Sacramento, I would not personally stay here again. I typically enjoy staying at Marriott properties, but felt this one lacked much to be desired,nor was it worth the value for the price I paid.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Princesskain
Sacramento Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

June, 2009. I had two seperate opportunities to stay at this property during the same month. There is free parking around the property.
Check-in was very fast and received 2nd story rooms on both occassions. The rate both times were very reasonable. Typically I stay at the Residence Inn, Cal Expo in Sacramento or Downtown Residence Inn, but my last visit to Cal Expo was not as pleasurable as previous stays. The Cal Expo property is becomming a bit run down. This property is nicer than the Cal Expo property but more remote in terms of location.
The downtown Residence Inn is a nice property but I have not seen discount rates as in this property and in this economy, value is one of my top priorities for property stays.

My rooms were comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable. Lighting in the room was very good with lamps on both sides of the bed, on the desk. New LCD television in the room. A/C was a bit loud but it really cooled the room. The TV was had some cable channels.
The bathroom was clean. Lighting was good, the towels were plentiful, and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.
The free breakfast buffet was better than the Cal Expo property. The breakfast buffet featured scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal, and all the other things you would expect on a breakfast buffet - potatoes and sausage. Waffle machine.

On my first visit in June the dining experience was pleasureable but on my second trip there were some high school athletes that were some what sloppy and disorganized and there presence disturbed other patrons and the food staff. So it depends on which day you stay there on what type of patrons and experiences you will get. There are complimentary papers in the lobby. Complimentary workstation with internet access in the lobby too.

Nearby are the following food places - Starbucks, Carl's Jr. Fast Food, Pizza (average at best), Chinese resturant (do not seem to understand english too well).

There is a small exercise facility similar to Courtyard exercise facilities. Also a pool facility.
Ask for a room away from the freeway. I recommend this property if your looking for a value property with a kitchen and free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business