“Fair”

Comfort Suites Downtown Sacramento
Ranked #46 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 21 December 2011

This is a fair hotel in a not to hot area. Right next door to a 24 hr min mart/gas station means noise on that side of the hotel. Staff was nice, hotel was fair, found a homeless guy sleeping by the pool in the morning when I was leaving. That said, I worry about my truck and tools here because of the type of clients who visit the mini mart next door. Beds and room average to below average. Close to Old Sacramento and Airport. There was a report of bed bugs I read on this place after I had stayed there about 6 times but I have never had any issues.

Room Tip: stay away from the side with the mini mart
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank GW1115
DowntownComfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Whilst we enjoy a great location with aesy access to the River and the heart of downtown, we are also victim of the current economic condition and do have our fair share of homeless in our area. I call the homeless but harmless. I do however, wish to apologise for any inconviniences you may have encountered.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Downtown Sacramento

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was our hotel just before our flight home. Clean and nice. Small hot breakfast of waffles, bacon, yogurt and OJ. Very small amount of parking places for the rooms that they have.

Room Tip: This hotel uses mild scented soaps for their linens. If you are sensitive then be cautious. If you...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay overnight on our trip down from Oregon to California. The Comfort Suites Downtown fit our needs perfectly and the rate we paid was literally the lowest I've ever paid anywhere. Don't get me wrong, this is by no means a luxury hotel, but if you are looking a quick, place to stay the night while on the road this places is great. We are a family of 5 with 3 small children and unlike most hotels that cost much more, the room layout was perfect. There were two double beds plus a pullout couch so we all five were able to sleep comfortably. The breakfast was not fancy, but honestly just as good as the hotel we stayed at in Oregon that cost three times as much per night. The location was very convienant right off the 5 Freeway. We were really pleased with Comfort Suites Downtown Sacramento and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the lowest rate and this hotel is a steal!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lovethepark
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This hotel served its purpose was nice and clean near Downtown and OLD Sacramento. I was not impressed with Sacramento at all. VERY BORING. Not many restaurants around. Joe's Crab Shack is in Old Sacramento. Stay here if you get a good price on the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2010

This location being the halfway point for our trips to and from So Cal, we have stayed at this hotel many times. We prefer Comfort Suites and accumulate and use their rewards system. This hotel is going downhill and fast.

The nighttime desk clerk upon our arrival was very friendly, very efficient and clearly an asset. Internet service works, albeit slowly at times, but at least it works.

The room appeared clean and was a standard Comfort Suites king room and the bed was comfortable. Bring your own pillow if you can. There's are postage stamps.

However, the bathroom towels were disgusting. They were so worn out that the next morning, at checkout I took my towels to the desk clerk. I thought about taking it with me and sending it to the corporate office but changed my mind. The clerk could only say "I'm sorry". My washclothe had dried paint stuck to it. The bath towel was frayed all the way around the edges, with multiple strings hanging along the side, it was so frayed. I counted two holes worn in the fabric and a third about to break thru. AND THEY WERE GRAY from improper cleaning and sanitizing, not white. I use a better towel to dry my pets.

The next morning we had continental breakfast. If you are looking for a carbohydrate laden meal this is the place. Except for some hard boiled eggs they cooked nothing. The meal is bagels, toast, pastry, cereal or a belgian waffle that you make. There was only a couple of pieces of fruit and I had to tell them that their juice dispenser wasn't working. The coffee was disgusting. It was colored hot water and that was all. No coffee flavor whatsoever which indicates they are cutting way back on the scoops.

We had specific room requests due to being light sleepers. We ended up next to the roadway where they race down the road from the gas stations all night with I-5 just behind that. The heat / ac unit was the only thing that drowned out the noise.

As Comfort Suites go, having had experience with this location before, this place has become very disappointing and we most likely will not return.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank PV8850
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We'd stayed in the Comfort Suites in St. George, UT and really enjoyed our stay, but this hotel was bog standard and well used. The room was pretty basic and had everything we needed for one night, but the curtains were in need of a good clean. The pool was a little dirty, but it did us for a quick dip. The desk clerk was very helpful and was able to recommend Old Sacramento and call a taxi for us. The internet was from our room was good. The free breakfast was basic but tasty. This stay was okay, but I expected better from the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ilove2travel077
Reviewed 11 January 2008

This was about what we expected based on other reviews. Easy on / off freeway access but marginal location sharing parking lot with 24 hour minimart / gas station and across street from Motel 6 that is almost literally falling down and appears to be partly transient lodging. Very clean lobby and rooms. ULTRA friendly staff. Absolutely lousy breakfast - not that the breafkasts in Comfort Inns are typically all that, but this one was BAD. That said, the price was right for one night but we wouldn't stay more and probably won't stay there again. We need an accessible room (ADA) and the bathroom sink and tub set ups were both so inadequate as to be plain old uncomfortable so no matter what the price, it just doesn't work. You'd figure that nearly 20 years after ADA became law and given the population of people with disabilities is nearly 1 in 5 of all Americans and likely to grow as baby boomers age that hotels would figure this out. It isn't rocket science, it's just paying attention to the details. Further, good access is good for the bottom line because if we can't stay there the friends and family we travel with don't either. Anyway, if you don't need accessible rooms as part of the mix and you're looking for a short stay at a good rate, this would probably work fo youl.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)