“Good place to stay”

Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Palos Verdes, CA
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with my 2 daughters to visit Cal St Sac. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We all slept well. Beds are firm,which is better for us. All furnishings are up to date and well maintained. Front desk service was very helpful. Wifi worked well. This location is right next to the fairgrounds, so great place to stay if attending an event there. No restaurants or anything to walk to, but lots of choices within a 3 mile drive. College was an easy drive too. Hotel is tucked into a quiet area,no traffic noise. As females traveling alone we felt very safe. Breakfast was good. My kids are picky eaters and they were happy. Lots of no carb options for me too. No complaints. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor have lovely high vaulted ceilings.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SunnyMom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Antioch, Ca
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It did not start out well trying to find the Fairfield Inn. My directions that I got from Map Quest left out some pretty important routes to get there. I started looking at 6:15 PM that night and I findly found the hotel at 8:45 pm. When I got three I was greeted by Koss who was great. She took care of everything including new directions back and forth to my distination. I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years, and she was the very best at doing her job that I have ever seen. I was traveling to a Summer Basketball Tournament, and staying here for 2 nights. The hotel was a terrific place to stay. It was quiet, and very restfull. Breakfast was great and plenty of food choices. I will most likely stay here again the next time I come to Sacramento.

. .

Room Tip: I was also there during the California State Fair was going on. There were many guests who were goi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank David J
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a Great hotel in a great location. The hotel is extremely clean. Everything in the room looks brand new. The internet is EXTREMELY fast. The staff goes out of their way to make sure everything is to your liking. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rpgamble7
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I travel to Sacramento every week for work and this is the only place I'll stay. The staff here is awesome! Prompt, professional check-in, clean, comfortable rooms and a staff who go out of their way to make this my home away from home are some reasons why this is my hotel of choice. Anita, Kass, Araceli and Brad are always friendly, helpful and have never steered me wrong in recommending one of the many restaurants in the area. The breakfast served contains several options and I never leave hungry thanks to Blanca. The Tuesday/Wednesday welcome receptions, hosted by Moe, offer guests an opportunity to interact with hotel staff and offer feedback. Overall great experience!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kevin B
Auburn, CA
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've stayed here before and it still gets better and better! The staff, namely, Mo, Anita and Sherri were so friendly and professional. The room was cool, stocked and very comfy. Although I was given ear plugs due to the train tracks nearby, I did not need them. Don't know what what people complain about, but the train noise was so minimal that I hardly heard it. And, I am a light sleeper. The included breakfast was hearty, plentiful and varied for picky pallets! Coffee was robust and the environment clean, peaceful and comfortable. The only complaint I had was the outside weather. It is hot this time in Sacramento, but it was awesome cool inside. I WILL return!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the building have the best natural views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel manager went out of her way to make an adjustment in my bill that resulted from an online reservation. Error was my fault but she took care of me! She then called and E-mailed me to make sure I knew all was handled.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Monterey, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

On the tracks and loud,, but otherwise a great place to stay. Room very comfortable, service fine and breakfast is a step up from most free breakfasts. It's across the river from downtown, but a easy fast drive. Not a ehole lot of food options, but right off the highway. If the price is I would stay here again...

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jblankfort
Joanne S, Operations Manager at Fairfield Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with other travelers. We're happy to hear you were pleased with our staff and the many options we offer for breakfast.
We wish we had more control over the train whistles but by law, they are required to make themselves known when they come to a public crossing. There is no set schedule for the trains so many nights it's not an issue at all. The rooms on the south end of our building hear the least amount of noise and we would be happy to reserve a room on that side of the hotel on your next visit.

Joanne