“Nice amenities, excellent staff, delicious cookies!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #16 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We chose the Double Tree because of the close proximity to Cal Expo/State Fair. With daily meetings at the Fair it was great to use the free shuttle the Double Tree offers guests. Not only are the shuttle drivers welcoming and friendly but the cookies they tempt guests with are delicious! Overall the staff is excellent. Coming back late one evening we opted to just get a snack rather than a full meal. Even though it was late, the lovely hostess at the coffee bar offered to get us fresh made sandwiches (with big, juicy tomatoes) to take to our room. Another nice touch is the complimentary ice cold lemonade in the lobby, very refreshing when coming in from the 100* heat! Appreciated the very nice Crabtree & Evelyn bath amenities, too. The only negative issue we had was with the noise outside our room. Unfortunately we faced Arden Way, a busy thoroughfare. Next time we'll ask for a room facing the courtyard instead.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Arden Way can be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and especially the cookies. Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback. We hope to see you again soon, and look forward to your return!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Using Hotwire I got a good price but did not know the hotel name or exact location untill it was done with no refund possible. I did not like the location. It was hard to find and traffic was a mess. I also got stuck with a $8 a day parking charge. Staff was less help than at most other hotels. Room was clean but getting my baggage from the parking to an elevator was not the easiest. I had to drag my bags up a short flight of stairs from the parking lot or park in front and drag everything through the lobby and halls and elevators to my room and then go back and park in the lot and still climb the parking stairs to the first floor elevator. Have bad knees for stairs so maybe others would like the exercise of lugging bags up stairs from the parking. Room average but small. No microwave or small refrig. For $158 per night I think that should have been included. First stay at Doubletree but not impressed at all. Average I guess but I do not intend to go back. Did not think it was very kid/family friendly either.

Room Tip: No good advice here
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2012

First, the staff here is welcoming, helpful, and professional. The location is about 20 minutes from the airport (no airport shuttle) and 15 minutes from downtown. Very near the CA Fairground and across from Arden Fair Mall. There were some housekeeping details that need work like dusting. The hotel is spread out over several buildings with a large pool area in between. Room service was delivered on time with a smile but the salmon was a little overdone. I would return here again but primarily because the staff was so welcoming.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel is a great find. It is a deal, close to the Capitol and other Sacramento attractions. The staff was very nice upon check in. We had a family suite, two connected rooms (one king and two double beds) with one door to the outside for under $200.00.

Room Tip: Ask for the "family suite" if you are traveling with more than two people, there is a whol...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The bad reviews here really freaked me out. I needed a room right away and this hotel was the only one available in the area. I called the Manager and asked him about the issues brought up here at Tripadvisor.com. To be candid, I am glad that I did. William, the Manager, was extremely pleasant and greeted me when I checked in.

Sure, the hotel is a little older and my room showed some age. Overall, both the room and bathroom were clean. The service at the front desk was fine and the restaurant hostesses were pleasant to me. I don't have any complaints about my stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room located near the main lobby
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Upon checking in the staff was very nice and made sure I had everything I needed. The property was clean and well kept. The room was very nice and clean with all the amenities stocked. I would stay here again next time I am in Sacramento.

Room Tip: The rooms have Balcanies so ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Pros:
-cheap
-place where you can sleep

Cons:
-Dirty bathroom floors
-dirty vents
-I don't think they change the bed sheets..
-curtains are dusty, as well as the whole room. Felt like it was getting into my eyes.
-dirty toilet
-old building
-stains on walls

I'd suggest that this hotel should clean their rooms ALOT better

• Stayed: July 2012