“Good times”

Ranked #16 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Upland, United States
“Good times”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It was a great experience and the cookies were warm. I also had a chance to work out at the gym which was very clean and I enjoied the hotel very much. We also had a business meeting and the room was very clean and the food was good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Timothy R,

Thank you very much for the five stars survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your say with us. I trust that we will see you again if your meetings will bring you back in the area. On another note, I am happy to say that this week we received brand new Precor equipment for our gym which will make your overall experience so much better.

Have a great week.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Hungarian first
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at the Double Tree in Sacramento California, across the street from the Arden Mall. * The food at the restaurant was bland, cheap, overcooked and tasted like a frozen microwave meal. * There is no mattress pad...just one THIN sheet that separates you from the mattress that thousands of other guests have slept on! The sheets and the quilt had stains on them! The quilt was also just sandwiched between two THIN sheets! * This is an OLD hotel! * We will NEVER stay at another Double Tree again! Or at least not this one! * The lobby was nice, the staff was nice and check-in/check-out was fast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Steve B,

Thank you very much for your survey and for the details provided regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to see that you encountered so many inconveniences during your visit. Please know that your feedback will be used to improve and learn. I am hoping that you will give us another chance and we will see you again in the future.

Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Pleased with the accomodations. Hotel was clean (but place was kind of dated...could use a makeover). The staff was friendly and made sure that my needs were attended to. Hotel was right off the freeway, but access was a little challenging. I had to always make a right turn, go down the street, and then make a U-Turn to go to my destination. The traffic off of Arden did make it difficult to exit the hotel.

Dear Effreme P,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Sacramento. I am glad to see that you were pleased with the accommodations and the service of our staff. Please know that I will share with them your survey.

Have a great week and we hope to see you again soon.

Eureka, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Check-in staff was very friendly. The warm chocolate chip cookie offered at check-in was a nice welcome. My room was quite large and had a sliding door that opened onto a balcony. The issue I had is that I wasn't so sure my coworker and I were in non-smoking rooms. For about 15 min one evening I was smelling cigarette smoke, and my colleague found a pack of cigarettes in her room, as well as two dirty socks! The location is very good, close to lots of shopping.

Dear dr-mary-bw,

Thank you very much for your survey. I am very sorry to see that our staff was friendly and you enjoyed the cookie received during the check in process. I did see however your comments regarding the items found in the room. Please know that I personally followed up with the housekeeping team to ensure that they take the appropriate actions to eliminate this from happening in the future. Also, the hotel is a non smoking hotel but unfortunately there are situations in which guests are smoking, violating the hotel policy. We are charging $250 non smoking fee in these cases.

I trust that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Napa, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Reservations were a hassel. They had me booked in different rooms for each night. They did fix it when I checked in at the front counter. Everything else went well. Everyone there was helpful and curtious and the desk clerk was knowledgeable of the surrounding area which he helped me locate a place to get over the counter meds at 11pm.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Benjamin Q,

Thank you very much for the four stars survey. I am sorry to hear that you encountered some inconveniences during the reservation process but I am happy to see that our staff corrected the situation during the check in process. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team.

Have a great weekend and we hope to see you again soon.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I attend out of town meetings for my work several times/year. I haven't been a happy customer for the most part of the year because every time I take a shower in one of the hotels, the shower drain always gets plugged and I'm bathing in ankle-deep water! Yuck! I am SO HAPPY that didn't happen at my stay at the Double Tree Hotel in Sacramento last week! First time every this year I didn't have to call maintenance! Yay for Double Tree for keep their plumbing in working order! Thanks!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Myla A,

Thank you very much for your survey. I am glad to see that you had a great experience while staying with us and that you did not encountered any of the inconveniences you have been through, while staying at other properties. It is nice to see that the hard work that our staff is doing pays off. Next time when you would like to have an enjoyable stay, come back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento. We will be delighted to have you.

Pleasant Hill, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Staff throughout the facility were friendly, helpful, & welcoming. Food from the restaurant & at our event was wonderful. All locations were clean, with one exception. The closet in my room (2120) had a strong mildew smell that I did not notice until my 2nd night. Last, I could not set the shower head to avoid random spray; just a mild irritant.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Wendy,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business. I am very sorry to learn that room 2120 had a strong mildew smell and that the shower head was not easy to operate. Thank you for pointing out shortfalls, we will immediately review these and get to work. I am glad to see that you found our staff to be welcoming, helpful and friendly. Please know that I will share your comments with the rest of the team.

Thanks and come back soon!