I stayed here on a few occasions in the past few months and while I love the location of this hotel, there are a few glaring nuisances that turned me to other hotels.
* Service is top notch. People are friendly and very accommodating. I had a few issues with the room during my stays which was taken cared of quickly and followed up on.
* Location - there are plenty of restaurants and a shopping mall within walking distance if you don't have a car. Driving to downtown is about 10-15 minutes.
* The hotel charges $8/day for parking when there are plenty of free parking on the street. In addition, the hotel parking area is not even fenced so it provides almost no real protection to your car while you're parked there.
* The conditions of the rooms are very poor, perhaps the worst of all the DoubleTrees I've stayed at in the past:
*The lights at on of the hallway flickered constantly during one of my visit which is especially creepy at night.
*Rooms are very dated and I found different stains on the wall, carpet, and in the bathroom during my separate stays. In one of my room, the door stop was indented into the wall as if someone punched a hole with it. Also, I found random things like a huge piece of duct tape on the tiled bathtub wall on one occasion which was never cleaned up during my entire stay.
*Toilet does not flush very well, the shower head make constant annoying squeaking noise and will spray in all random directions (not a good thing). Also, the bar that held the towels broke and fell when I tried to place a towel on the bar on 1 occasion.
*The gym is a little bigger and have a little more equipments/machines compared to Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suite in the area.
*Breakfast buffet is average. There are quite a bit of selection including hash brown, egg, bacon/sausage, smoked salmon, toast/pastries, cereals, yogurt, fruits, but quality is average at best. However, services are great and it's always wonderful to be greeted with a nice smile and warm welcomes to start your morning.
*The rooms have a balcony so you can sit on the outside if you want. I did not consider this as a positive as the hotel is right next to a busy street and overlooking the parking areas so there aren't really any views to enjoy.
While I really like the service and the location of the hotel, I find the fact that being charged $8/day for parking (when free parking are plentiful on the street and at the mall across the street) and the poor conditions of the rooms out-weight the positives. As a business traveler who stays multiple nights during each hotel stay, I find it more important to have a room that's clean and in decent condition to come back to after a day of work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento is a full-service, environmentally friendly hotel in Sacramento, centrally located to all of the exciting attractions and happenings in Sacramento. Located in the Point West Marketplace, our Sacramento hotel is within walking distance to the region's largest shopping mall, Arden Fair, featuring over 165 specialty stores. The Sacramento area welcomes business and leisure travelers with award-winning shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Conveniently located off Business 80, our hotel is just 5 minutes from downtown Sacramento, the State Capitol, Sacramento Convention Center, and Old Sacramento. We are 12 miles from the Sacramento International Airport (SMF), and provide convenient, ample parking. Boasting some of the largest guest rooms in Sacramento, each of our 448 non-smoking beautifully appointed rooms offers brand new Sweet Dream beds, an ergonomically designed workstation equipped with a two line phone and voicemail, and Internet service. Amenities include a hairdryer, luxurious bath amenities, an iron and ironing board, an alarm clock with MP3 connection, a flat screen TV with a variety of cable channels, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Sacramento Hotel Sacramento
- Sacramento Doubletree
- Doubletree Sacramento