“reliable spot for business travelers”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
New Jersey
“reliable spot for business travelers”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Overall, I'd be very happy to recommend the Doubletree in Sacramento, CA for any business travelers in need of a reliable and well-located place to stay in the area.

I found it's location, directly across from the Arden Fair Mall, to be ideal, with good access to the important local roadways and highways. From the moment I checked in, I was courteously treated by staff who went the "extra mile" to please. In particular, Claudia and her staff at the front desk were excellent, handling little problems with ease and a smile every time! I had one minor problem with an expired parking voucher and it was quickly solved. I also required an extra day stay, since a flight was canceled and this was also taken care of quickly and efficiently.

Yes, the hotel does have an "interesting" layout, but once you get used to it, there is no problem. I found the vending, ice machines and even the guest laundry to work well.

The convenient shuttle service to points in the immediate area was ideal and the drivers were always great.

My room itself was clean, spacious and well taken care of. The large flat-screen TV was ideal.

I visited the café for breakfast a few times and enjoyed several different meals. Service and the coffee was excellent.

Overall, a good experience and I would be happy to stay there again.
Dave Brower

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Dave,

I was very happy to read your wonderful review regarding what we have to offer here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Sacramento. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team and rest assured that Claudia along with the rest of the staff members will be recognized for their service provided.

Again, thank you for staying with us and please come back and see us soon. our business is very much appreciated.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Hungarian first
santa rosa, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

this hotel has some nice features. However our room did not have a working light between the beds. The shower was a bit grungy. The hotel had no hot water in the shower. I have had a better stay at the motel 6.

Dear Jeff M,

Thank you very much for sharing with your fellow travelers your recent experience with us. It seems like you encountered some inconveniences this time and for that I apologize. Our goal is to continuously improve and learn and your comments will be followed up on and will be used to get better.

I trust that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Went for a company meeting/office party. Stayed rather than drink and drive. I was upgraded to a better room. People were nice and enjoyed our visit. The meeting rooms were above average. I suppose it was the nice people that made my stay nice.

Dear warne1,

Thank you very much for your survey. It is nice to hear that our staff contributed to a nice stay for you during your company party. Please know that your survey will be shared with the rest of the team.

Have a great rest of the week and we hope to see you again soon.

Quincy, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

When I went to check-in I was informed that my reservation was given to someone with a similar name. When I did get a room it was dirty and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned when the previous guests checked out.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Monique,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered regarding your reservation. I personally followed up with the Director of Front Office and we will ensure that we will take the appropriate actions to eliminate such occurrences in the future.

I am hoping that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Cottonwood, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. They did have many amenities that I did not use like pool, restaurant, and gym etc. However the perfume in the cleaning agents used in the room were overpowering and since there are no screens on the sliding doors and mosquitos about (the same was true on my last visit) I could not air it out to my satisfaction and nor would the thermostat allow me to cool the room below some preset temperature. It was a 1/4 mile from my training site, very convenient.

Dear Kevin P,

Thank you very much for your survey. Please know that your comments are valuable, will be shared with the rest of the team and will be used to improve and learn.

Have a great day and we hope to see you next time you are visiting the area.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My experience of staying in the hotel was excellent. Everything was within walking distance which was convenient, since I did not have a vehicle. It was also great the hotel provided complimentary shuttle to guests :) I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Dear Guillermina E,

I am so happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for sharing your comments with your fellow travelers and for recommending us.

Have a great rest of the week and please come back to see us soon.

Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Front desk was excellent with friendly service and rooms were very nice with everything working, free wifi, a nice warm cookie when you check in. you have to pay for parking but I feel that it's worth the price. No issues and I will be back

1 Thank zato1
CosminNicula, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear zato1,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I am happy to see that you had a great stay and that our staff cater to your needs. we are looking forward to seeing you on your next convention (if not sooner).