“Just what we wanted”

Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Walnut Creek, United States
“Just what we wanted”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This Doubletree by Hilton has all that we needed. Good sized clean room, nicely updated clean bathroom and dressing area and charging outlets for cell phones and tablets right on the lamp bases. Nice thick towels and the down comforter on the bed had the 2-sheet method for extra comfort and cleanliness. The coffee bar in the lobby was a big plus as well as the wide variety menu in the restaurant. This is also the first hotel I've been in to have separate bins for recycling in the waste baskets. This hotel is WELL STAFFED and very helpful without being annoying. Although the food was just "OK"....it still met our needs for our quick trip to Sacramento.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Hungarian first
sacramento, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The only thing missing was a voucher for breakfast. $13.00 for a waffle is too much. I have a family of five and your prices for breakfast was too high. We had to leave the hotel and go find a more affordable breakfast. your rest of your hotel was excellent.

Sahuarita, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were in Sacramento to be inducted into the CA agricultural Heritage club and needed a hotel near the Cal Expo . The Double Tree filled the bill nicely. As people who often travel in our RV, we found Double Tree somewhat pricy, but in line with other places in CA. The arrangement of the multi remote wings makes lobby to rooms access something of a challenge . The staff was friendly and helpful.

South San Franc
Reviewed 24 July 2014

As i entered to register the hotel Ariel was very courteous and polite with a smile on her face. I stayed for three days as you may know and i didn't get my room cleaned nor fresh towels in the mornings. I took my children with me on this trip and had to use the hand towels to dry them up after they showered. On Sunday night I had to go myself to the front office clerk and explain to them the situation but he never offered an apology. He just handed me some towels. I checked out in the evening on Sunday but i wasn't asked how was my stay or if i enjoyed my trip. The food in the hotel was great but i wish i would of had a better room service.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

As I business traveler I stay at hotels approx. 150 nights per year, and my preference is staying at Hilton brand hotels as I am part of they loyalty program. I was never so disappointed in a hotel as I was with the Doubletree property. The public hallways were filthy, there were room service trays left in the hallways for two days, after my second call to the front desk, the dirty trays were removed, although the hallways were not vacuumed the entire week I was there. After complaining to the manager, I was offered on free night, I turned that down in lieu of 20,000 points that I never received. In addition, when I was there the Jacuzzi was not working and the maps of the property are outdated, and you are directed to entrances that do not exist. No attention to detail at this property, the worst Hilton property I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Neville H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Theodore D

We would first like to apologize to you for the issues you encountered during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and have discussed your experience with the Housekeeping and Room Service teams so that they may review procedures in order to better serve our guests. We strive to provide outstanding service and a memorable experience and hope you will give us another opportunity during your next visit to the area. .
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and friends all stay at the Doubletree every year for the State Fair. The rooms are nice. It's a convenient location...you can walk to the fair but the shuttle is nice especially in the hot weather. The pool area is also very nice and well kept, it's where we gather.

Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I'm usually pleased with the service I receive from Double Tree hotel, but this time I was very dissatisfied with the quality of service provided. Room service was awful. The first time calling for breakfast, no ever answered the phone. The another night I called to order a pizza for my son and the pizza never arrived. Mgt provided breakfast and dinner as comps but that wasn't the point. Cleaning service asked me what I wanted her to do - really? I have to tell you to change bedding, leave towels and empty trash......what kind of service is this - pay as you go? I am very dissatisfied with the treatment my family and I received during our stay for a convention. Unacceptable.