“Comfortable stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #15 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed the night here before running The Color Run 5k. The thing I love about Doubletree is they give you a cookie upon check-in. Who wouldn't love that? The lady who checked us in was super friendly and helpful. The hotel is located right across the street from the mall with restaurants and movie theaters.

The hotel is huge and has many different buildings, but they give you a helpful map at check-in. You do have to pay for parking at this hotel which we found kind of odd, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

The room was comfortable and well decorated. I did not like the pillows, but that is pretty typical of any hotel I stay in. I love firm pillows and hotels seem to prefer the down pillows that flatten out as soon as you lay your head on them. To each their own.

My husband did think this Doubletree was not the nicest he has stayed in. His reason was it didn't seem as clean as others. I kind of agree. At the outside door we used there was a mound of trash overflowing from the trash can. It really needed to be removed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Neville H, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

kmthoennes222

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. We were pleased you enjoyed the cookie and the friendly staff. We appreciate your comment regarding the cleanliness of the outside of the hotel and we are reviewing this area with our Housekeeping department. We hope you will visit us again during your next visit to the Sacramento area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our stay was unfortunately below average. There were no bath towels in our room, noise from the hallways easily entered the room, and the overall facilities could use a refresh. The experience staying at this hotel was far below other Doubletree hotels, and we will not be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Neville H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Morris W,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize that your experience was so poor. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and the overall guest experience and appreciate your comments. We hope you stay with us in the future so that we may provide you with the memorable experience we strive to create for our guests.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Overall --- FIVE STARS!!!!! It was a very nice hotel. Found it convenient to freeway access, gas stations, stores, etc. Good coffee and tea, very friendly and helpful staff. I was there as part of a large group --- Regional Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. Heard no complaints from any of my friends. Would definitely choose this location again next time. Rate was reasonable. The bed was extremely comfortable --- my granddaughter loved it, too. My only request would be could Hilton/Doubletree consider putting a recliner in some rooms. I had a truck roll over me in 1977 and have had bad back problems ever since. I have been sleeping in a recliner since 1985. So I had to prop myself up with pillows. A recliner would have been perfect. Otherwise, I love your establishment and would recommend it to others! Josh helped us with our luggage, Jose brought us a refrigerator, and Neville (from the Bronx) helped us check in. I am sorry but I forgot the young lady's name who checked us out, but she was very sweet and helpful also!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Kathryn

We were so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always looking at ways we can better serve our guests and a recliner is an addition we will consider for future renovations.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have had very good experiences at Doubletree Hotels, but I was not impressed by this facility. The customer service was fine, but the hotel is a bit run down. As a single woman I did not feel comfortable being put in a room so far away from the reception area. (The El Dorado complex.) I had trouble finding the main entrance. While the room was clean, the hallways and the common areas were not. I don't know what would have happened if I had asked for a different room, but I was only there for one night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Elaine R

Elaine

We apologize that your recent experience at our hotel was not a positive one. We understand that room location is very important to our guests and hope that during your next stay with us you will give us the opportunity to provide you a more pleasant experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived at 3 p.m. I had requested during reservations for a refrigerator and adjoining rooms. Apparently this was not a consideration at check in. I asked if I had adjoining rooms. I was told it would take an hour to get the rooms. 21/2 hrs. later the rooms were finally done. During that time I asked numerous times if the rooms were done and will I get my frig. I never got an answer about the refrigerator until my rooms were complete then I was told they were out of refrigerators. My sister has a medical condition, is why we needed the frig. I didn't even get a cooler I was told they would bring me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Brenda M

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the challenges you encountered during your recent stay. We have addressed these issues with the Front Desk team as part of our ongoing effort to improve service. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Enjoyed stay at this hotel. Nice sports bar with good specials and service. Nice pool. Excellent breakfast buffet with cooked to order omlettes. Great layout. Parking card reader took some getting used to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I actually had three rooms. One of my rooms had no air (the temperature outside was 90-96) and one, the maid service was terrible. Next time I will stay across the street! The best things were the cookies and front desk help. We had buffet style breakfast. The wait staff was rude. We had a conference for youths and young adults.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Neville H, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Joney T

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize for A/C issues and we will be reviewing your issues with our Housekeeping team. I am so please that the Front Desk staff was helpful and that you enjoyed the fresh cookies, we are very proud of them. We hope the next time you are in the area we have the opportunity to provide you more enjoyable stay.