“Excellent service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento
Ranked #14 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The front desk manager Neville, provided the most excellent service to our family during our stay at the Doubletree Hotel in Sacramento. He was always accommodating and helpful. The housekeepers and staff were also very friendly and helpful. Thanks for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The food provided for the banquet meals in the hotel were quite good with a varied menu. The staff was very friendly and always greeted you in the hallways, etc. The front desk accommodated special check-in and out times.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was nicely furnished, quiet and very comfortable. The grounds were beautifully landscaped. I attended an event there and the dinner was good, service was great. The location next to the Arden Fair Mall cannot be beat. It was a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was very impressed with the smiling welcome, efficient service, willing assistance of staff, and delicious meals during a convention week at this hotel. I would certainly vote for a return visit... but perhaps in cooler weather!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I appreciated the use of a wheelchair while there and enjoyed my stay. Thanks to Martin and others who pushed the chair many times. I am grateful. The food was excellent and the desserts outstanding. I didn't hear any bad comments from friends, only praise.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed to take CA bar exam. But Food service such as breakfast is expensive. I needed free or cheaper breakfast service. So, I went to buy some drinks and foods near convenience store. I wanted to use a refrigerator.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Takatoshi H
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed the night here before running The Color Run 5k. The thing I love about Doubletree is they give you a cookie upon check-in. Who wouldn't love that? The lady who checked us in was super friendly and helpful. The hotel is located right across the street from the mall with restaurants and movie theaters.

The hotel is huge and has many different buildings, but they give you a helpful map at check-in. You do have to pay for parking at this hotel which we found kind of odd, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

The room was comfortable and well decorated. I did not like the pillows, but that is pretty typical of any hotel I stay in. I love firm pillows and hotels seem to prefer the down pillows that flatten out as soon as you lay your head on them. To each their own.

My husband did think this Doubletree was not the nicest he has stayed in. His reason was it didn't seem as clean as others. I kind of agree. At the outside door we used there was a mound of trash overflowing from the trash can. It really needed to be removed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Neville H, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

kmthoennes222

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. We were pleased you enjoyed the cookie and the friendly staff. We appreciate your comment regarding the cleanliness of the outside of the hotel and we are reviewing this area with our Housekeeping department. We hope you will visit us again during your next visit to the Sacramento area.