“Nice bathrooms, comfy bed, friendly and helpful staff”

Quality Inn Downtown
Ranked #45 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were happily surprised that this older hotel had very upscale accommodations--granite bathrooms, crown molding and beautiful paint job in the bedroom, extremely comfortable bed. At the complimentary continental breakfast, we enjoyed the addition of sausages and potato patties. Within several blocks there is a variety of restaurants including Subway, Thai, Italian, and Japanese. What clinched our decision to use this hotel for future business trips is the outstanding staff-- the desk staff, maintenance people, and housekeeping were all exceptionally efficient, pleasant, and just so nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Downtown

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I promised the manager a good review, and here it is...Check in was hassle free and they provided a receipt with internet passwords on it, so there was no confusion about tapping into the WIFI. Room was modern and clean.The bathroom had been renovated/updated with granite tile and new fixtures. I slept great, as the bed was comfortable and the property was quiet and secure. Breakfast area was clean, and food was as expected, waffle maker, danish, juice, but also had sausage and hash browns. I saw boiled egg, cereal, yogurt. Mostly, the breakfast bar was well-stocked, even as we popped in toward the end of the designated breakfast time. Coffee was not as strong as I like, but overall, I was pleased with the meal. All the staff we spoke with were friendly, and made us feel welcome. The hotel was just a few minutes drive from the Ace of Spades concert venue. I will definitely stay here next time I am going to a show in downtown Sacto. Great room at an affordable price.Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eddie M
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 days starting July 30 2013 while visiting the Sacramento Convention Center. I stay in hotels 300+ nights yearly. This hotel will be the ONLY choice for me in the future when my travels bring me to Sacramento. My room was clean and very fresh. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was great and plentiful. Breakfast started at 7 and was hot and fresh. NOTE......... this hotel is downtown......... there are security doors to limit access to guest rooms. Dont be put off by that, its for safety and it works. I dont have a single complaint. Overall a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ChuckMosher
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Close to Amtrak station and old town sacramento and freeways. Rooms renovated and clean. Staff helpful and friendly. Seemingly safe and quiet location. I have no complaints except the pool needs a little work. I had my two kids and they complained that the pool was dirty and kinda outdated, but overall very nice hotel in a downtown area and very good value in comparison to others in the area. Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Shellyboo04
Reviewed 15 June 2013

For less than the price of a one night stay at the big hotels near the Capitol and Sacramento Convention Center, you can stay at the Quality Inn Downtown only 2 blocks away! Included is free Wifi, satellite TV, free parking (something the others charge), free breakfast, in-room refrigerator, microwave, coffee/tea maker, ironing board & iron, blow dryer and, free daily newspaper. You can even make your own waffles!

I'd recommend the Quality Inn Downtown for anyone having to go to Sacramento for meetings.

Room Tip: Join the Choice Hotels Privileges program!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 4Antioch
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I first wrote a review of the Quality Inn in April 2009. The hotel is currently being renovated in blocks and I stayed in one of the renovated rooms. They have completely gutted the rooms with new drywall, carpet, furniture, bathrooms, and granite countertops. It's a much better looking room than it was in the past. And the desk staff, Frances and Mr. Patel, were friendly and pleasant.

Plusses: Big comfy bed, fridge and microwave, big flat panel TV with Dish Network, reliable Internet
Minuses: No alarm clock (though there is a clock on the microwave), small square pillows for the bed

The continental breakfast was what you would expect at a Quality Inn: cereal, bread, fruit, juice, and a waffle maker. The coffee was awful, though. Strangely, the only cup I had that tasted any good ended up having coffee grounds all over the bottom of the cup when I was done.

The area is still very loud. There's a bar across the street and from about 1:30 to 2:15 am the loud and very drunk patrons make as much noise as possible leaving and walking through the Quality Inn parking lot. In a response to my review in 2009 the management said they were working on it but it's still happening. The noise is the main downside of the hotel but its proximity to the convention center (1.5 blocks) worth the trade off.

I typically come to Sacramento for a convention every other year. Last year I stayed at the dreadful Econolodge up the street. If you ever have to choose between the two, there's no comparison. Stay at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank runchadrun
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We stayed here overnight while traveling back from a trip to Seattle. We arrived around 10PM at night, and when checking in at the front counter, the clerk had two friends that were hanging around the counter while we were giving out our information...which kinda creeped me out. The room was clean, but kind of shabby/outdated. And another review was right...the pillows are little square half pillows.

In the morning, the shower head was too low (I'm 5'8" and had to duck) and the pressure was horrible.

The "hot breakfast" was why we chose to stay there, as we stayed at another Quality Inn and had a great breakfast. Not here. The only thing hot that was served were sausages. No hot eggs or anything else....just sausage. And the coffee tasted horrible.

Pick another place so you aren't disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple