“Good value for the price”

Quality Inn Downtown
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We are a family of five, so we had two rooms. Blankets were limited, but the heaters did a good job of keeping us comfortable. Only one of the rooms had a thermostat controlled heater, so that room's temperature was, of course, more comfortable. The rooms looked and smelled clean and the updates are very nice. In room refrigerators, microwaves, extra outlets, and coffee pots all made it much easier on our family.

The light in the bathroom went out the first night and they fixed it the next morning. The front desk was extremely helpful and efficient.

Breakfast foods were the same each morning, food was adequate, not exceptional.

Location was very convenient to the convention center a very short walk. It is within walking distance of several places to eat, but I will note that this is not a very nice area, we always walked in a group after dark.

Parking is free and extremely well-lit.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here based upon the glowing reviews but I failed to realize that not all the rooms are yet renovated. Mine was not. The demolition had begun, missing base boards, paintings, torn wall paper, cracked walls, etc. Everything worked alright but it was the saddest room I've had in recent memory. Check at the desk to see if you can get a renovated room. I'm sure they are quite nice.
Also, this property uses Dish TV. If you are unfamiliar with their service, be careful which buttons you press on the remote. The channel listings were not available, so just start with channel 3 and hit "channel up" to see what's available.
My one night was alright and I'll stay again when I hear that renovations are complete.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were happily surprised that this older hotel had very upscale accommodations--granite bathrooms, crown molding and beautiful paint job in the bedroom, extremely comfortable bed. At the complimentary continental breakfast, we enjoyed the addition of sausages and potato patties. Within several blocks there is a variety of restaurants including Subway, Thai, Italian, and Japanese. What clinched our decision to use this hotel for future business trips is the outstanding staff-- the desk staff, maintenance people, and housekeeping were all exceptionally efficient, pleasant, and just so nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I promised the manager a good review, and here it is...Check in was hassle free and they provided a receipt with internet passwords on it, so there was no confusion about tapping into the WIFI. Room was modern and clean.The bathroom had been renovated/updated with granite tile and new fixtures. I slept great, as the bed was comfortable and the property was quiet and secure. Breakfast area was clean, and food was as expected, waffle maker, danish, juice, but also had sausage and hash browns. I saw boiled egg, cereal, yogurt. Mostly, the breakfast bar was well-stocked, even as we popped in toward the end of the designated breakfast time. Coffee was not as strong as I like, but overall, I was pleased with the meal. All the staff we spoke with were friendly, and made us feel welcome. The hotel was just a few minutes drive from the Ace of Spades concert venue. I will definitely stay here next time I am going to a show in downtown Sacto. Great room at an affordable price.Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eddie M
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 days starting July 30 2013 while visiting the Sacramento Convention Center. I stay in hotels 300+ nights yearly. This hotel will be the ONLY choice for me in the future when my travels bring me to Sacramento. My room was clean and very fresh. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was great and plentiful. Breakfast started at 7 and was hot and fresh. NOTE......... this hotel is downtown......... there are security doors to limit access to guest rooms. Dont be put off by that, its for safety and it works. I dont have a single complaint. Overall a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ChuckMosher
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Close to Amtrak station and old town sacramento and freeways. Rooms renovated and clean. Staff helpful and friendly. Seemingly safe and quiet location. I have no complaints except the pool needs a little work. I had my two kids and they complained that the pool was dirty and kinda outdated, but overall very nice hotel in a downtown area and very good value in comparison to others in the area. Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Shellyboo04
Reviewed 15 June 2013

For less than the price of a one night stay at the big hotels near the Capitol and Sacramento Convention Center, you can stay at the Quality Inn Downtown only 2 blocks away! Included is free Wifi, satellite TV, free parking (something the others charge), free breakfast, in-room refrigerator, microwave, coffee/tea maker, ironing board & iron, blow dryer and, free daily newspaper. You can even make your own waffles!

I'd recommend the Quality Inn Downtown for anyone having to go to Sacramento for meetings.

Room Tip: Join the Choice Hotels Privileges program!