“Loyal Customer to a friendly hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Good Nite Inn Sacramento
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, California
“Loyal Customer to a friendly hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I pretty much live here. I feel very safe at this hotel. Staff are nice and always helpful. Maids are nice and always do there best to keep the rooms clean. Grounds are well kept. Yes there are people standing outside but are they not allowed to? I feel safe.no.matter who's there or whats happening. If u don't like the smell of smoke BOOK A NONE SMOKING ROOM. I love this hotel. I love the big king beds and adjusting shower heads. Carpets are clean bathrooms clean. I recommend this hotel. Great room for a great price.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank queenbeebee
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Please accept our sincere thanks for your recent correspondence regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel. We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome. We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Orange country
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms here just because this is the closest place to stay near our very ill friend's house, and the nightly rate was a bonus, $48/night. This is a typical motel type place where the rooms' doors are exposed to public road. Take your risk.
After an exhausting day, we were awakened by a 6am call asking us to go down the front desk to sign a form(about policy?) Very unusual and weird at that hour aside from the fact that we signed everything during our check in. The caller even asked if my husband is the one signing. Perhaps trying to know if there's a male inside. I said yes but it's too early and we will deal with that later and I hung up. Of course my sleep was interrupted already and upon further investigation, we found out that the second lock was partly opened, and I went to my friends room to tell this story. When I'm about to return to my room, there was a big, hiphop looking man standing outside my room. Scared, I retreated back in. That guy, walked to the end of the hallway pretending to be on the phone.
We informed the front desk, they said they didn't make any calls and advised us to report incidents like this immediately.
It could be one of those guys who will lure you out of your room and rob you.
This is what you get for $ 48./night I guess. Just be careful. Always double check.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dontwakemeup
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences that might have had during your stay with us. We wish these items were brought to our attention at check in or during your stay so they could have been handled in a prompt manor. We are available 24 hours a day to my staff and for all the guests if needed either in person or by phone. We can assure all of our future guests that we have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. Once again we would like to apologize to you for the issues that arose and hope that they would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of our problems.
El Monte, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We made it to the hotel around 10PM. The lobby closes after 9PM. We had to check in using a window with a slot in it built at waist level. I felt awkward bending over at the waist to talk to the attendant through the slot.
My room was clean and well organized. The neighborhood was safe. I got a good night's rest. The cost of my room didn't bankrupt me.
I think that covers all the bases.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive feedback! We are delighted to hear that you always enjoy your visits at our Inn and our friendly service. We appreciate your favorable comments on our associates, and we are privileged to be working with such a great team. We value the relationships we have developed with our customers and the repeat and referral business which we depend on. We look forward to welcoming you back to Good Nite Inn Sacramento.
Riverside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked this hotel because it got pretty god reviews and the price was great. I got two rooms, I was staying with my two children (1 and 5), my husband and parents. I just booked one night to have somewhere to stop on a road trip. When we opened the door it smelled like an ashtray. It was very strong cigarette and marijuana smell. I went to the office and asked them to spray the room for the smell, they did and were very nice. They offered to switch our rooms however we needed to be close to our car due to valuables in there and we declined. (There was a boy about 10 who lived there, he told me all the rooms smell horrible except the 3rd floor). I had lost my wallet on the way there so I was making some phone calls to cancel my cards and when I returned to the room my family looked disgusted. I decided to ask for our money back and leave at that point because the rooms still smelled horrible and there were people smoking pot on the floor above us and the smell was very strong (This is unacceptable for my children to be around). When I asked to get my money back the lady in the office refused, she said we had been there too long, I asked her to at least have the people that were smoking pot stop because my children shouldn't have to smell that. She said "if they have a club card I can't stop them". I asked for the manager and she left to get him and when she returned she said he was gone for the day. We stayed that night and it was horrible and very noisy. A man staying there said to leave nothing in our car because it's a bad area and sometimes homeless people even sleep in the stairwell(which was right outside our room). Basically, don't stay here with your family, if you like to do drugs and be left alone this is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cassandra B
The issues you experienced are not easy to hear, and we want to apologize to you and your family for your inconvenience. I know we can't change or erase what happened, but I’d like to say thank you for taking the time to inform us what occurred during your stay. This will assist us in isolating the cause of the issues in order to prevent any re-occurrence.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

If you need a place to stay for couple of nights and not be over charged. Nothing bad to report about this hotel. Could uses upgrading but then price would go up I bet. Staff was nice at check in and the room was standard for the price.

Room Tip: If you feel unsecure book a second floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank bescuit .
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our service to be efficient though we are very sorry to hear of the areas where we fell short. We pride ourselves in providing a consistently clean and well maintained accommodation. Your feedback will be put to good use towards that end. We are sorry to hear that this did not meet your expectations. We hope we’ll have the pleasure of serving you again.
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was truly expecting the worst because of the price. I would stay here anytime I come into Sacramento. I work for the government and I was told to come to Sacramento last minute. I booked a hotel for one night and this is the one I chose. My room didn't smell like cigarettes, the bed was remarkably comfortable, and the guest service was incredible!! Including the security guard. In fact...I left my wallet on my car trunk!! 2 hours after I checked in he comes knocking on my door asking me if I was missing something, not a dime was missing out of it. The area is safe. The receptionist, was kind, had a smile and it was refreshing after an 8 hour drive. I felt at home! As I checked out, I was greeted by another refreshing smile. The night I checked in, I asked for a ironing board and an iron, she was ever so happy to just give it to me. I wasn't charged extra for anything. This truly is the place to stay. I would pick this place over a Marriott/Hilton or any other 5 star hotel, THIS IS MY FIVE STAR HOTEL! THANK YOU GOOD NITE INN SACRAMENTO!

Room Tip: everything was excellent here.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Qingdao
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Hardly a good nite to wait 15 mins in 40deg F weather in Sacramento in early Feb 2014.

Hotel management should have installed plexiglass & use electronic gate to screen & allow only wanted guests

I wouldn't stay in this hotel again. The only reason why I stayed @ Good NIte Inn was that it was cheapest on internet booking website for that day

hotel management could have been more imaginative in screening out un-wanted elements while making hotel guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: None to add
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 12 March 2014