“Good value for the money” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Good Nite Inn Sacramento

Good Nite Inn Sacramento
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Cotacachi, Ecuador
“Good value for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was looking for a good inexpensive hotel for a one night stay. I went through Hotwire and booked this hotel unknown except for price. After I received the booking, I read the reviews and wondered what I had gotten myself into. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Hotwire had messed up my booking a bit, but the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, and got it all sorted out. The room was basic but clean. Everything worked well including the air (it was 105 degrees outside). The pool was clean and well maintained. The laundry worked well. I decided to stay an extra night. I didn't experience any of the negatives others have spoken of. My one complaint--There was no shampoo in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off of the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank gphil108
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for bringing to our attention about no shampoo in the room. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and assure you that this problem has been addressed with our staff. We credit our success in the Lodging industry to providing good service and accommodations at affordable prices. We thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality. You are indeed a valued customer to us. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Orange County
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We checked in on Sunday and The room that was first assigned to us reeked like cigarettes, so we were moved to another room.
Room was pretty nasty, but we tried to make the best of it.
Tuesday afternoon I went to the front office to verify our price per night because my reservation email said $37/38/38 Sun-Wed and when I spoke to Rangetta (front office attendant) she wouldn't give me info because she said I wasn't a registered guest, even after I showed her my online reservation on my phone. I finally told my mom to go to the front desk w/ me and she printed out a receipt that stated $45+ per night.
I showed Rangetta my email reservation on my phone and she said that's reservation had been cancelled because of no show. I told her that I had called to cancel the Saturday night reservation, but that we were still staying from Sunday - Wednesday!
She said there were notes stating "that I had called to shorten my stay" which is exactly what I had said right!!!!
But then handed my a receipt w/ $45+ charges??? What the heck!!! She kept telling me "do you speak English"?? Like really?? You're telling me if I speak English?!!! When you don't even understand what I'm telling you?? This is the worst service I have ever received at any hotel lve stayed in!! Pay a few bucks more to stay next door (Comfort Inn) please!!!!! Don't settle for less!! You will regret it if you do!!
There were also ppl in the room next door that were pounding on their door at 5 am (for someone to open the door) and had kids running around at 6:30 am. The ppl seemed to be living there!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Scorpio32
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
California Innkeepers laws clearly states that a hotel is not allowed to give out any information to anyone besides the actual registered guest to the room was rented too, well except for local police. A key example of this is “the hotel gets a call from a female requesting information about her husband’s stay, the hotel gives this information to this individual and the hotel will then get sued for violation of privacy.
Violations of your Guidelines:
1. The guest actually states that she was not the registered guest in the room so based on California Inn Keepers Law we could not give her information.
2. After reviewing our security system the un-registered guest became unruly and proceeded to yell, scream and use foul language towards the employee.
Based on the reason of not allowing the guest to get information to a room she was not registered in, violation of Law’s in California, this is what started her issues and secondly the abuse this guest used towards the staff.
Pittsburg, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We asked for a non-smoking room, but the room we got stunk. We stayed in it anyway. The bed was not too comfortable and the pillows were flat, but everything seemed clean enough. There were a lot of people hanging out at this hotel - homeless people, crackheads, and prostitutes, probably. Both nights we stayed, there was very LOUD sex happening in an adjoining room ALL NIGHT. Some banging from it woke me up. Prostitution. There were piles of clothes stacked by the elevator, and the elevator reeked of marijuana. The workers seemed friendly. We refused housekeeping and got our own fresh towels from the front desk when we needed them. Otherwise, it was cheap and decent. However, I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Valjean421
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our service to be efficient though we are very sorry to hear of the areas where we fell short. We pride ourselves in providing a consistently clean and well maintained accommodation. Your feedback will be put to good use towards that end. We are sorry to hear that this did not meet your expectations. We hope we’ll have the pleasure of serving you again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was staying in this hotel due to homelessness, & upon leaving, I came back to pay for another day, I was informed that I could not rent a room because I smoked in a non smoking room, when I clearly asked for a smoking room. This is room 212 (I believe, second floor on the end closest to freeway) there are NO no smoking signs in the door or in the room or not even on my receipt. They even had ash trays in the room.! I it's non smoking why is there ashtrays along with any non smoking signs ??? They told me I had to pay 200$ on top of the nightly rate if i wanted to stay there again. I told the manager and she said "oh well, it's nothing I can do about it, it's a non smoking room and there is suppose to be a sticker on the door " . I can see why this place is cheap , they are full of crap!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Porchamarie
We would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences that might have had during your stay with us. We wish these items were brought to our attention at check in or during your stay so they could have been handled in a prompt manor. We are available 24 hours a day to my staff and for all the guests if needed either in person or by phone. We can assure all of our future guests that we have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. Once again we would like to apologize to you for the issues that arose and hope that they would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of our problems.
los angeles, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great location a few blocks from Sacramento courthouse on Power Inn Road. Nothing fancy but clean rooms, good beds, quiet, very helpful and friendly front desk, very low rates. I stay here everytime I have to go to court.

Room Tip: For quiet pick a room on a higher floor away from the large freeway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your delightful review on Tripadvisor’s website. We are thrilled to hear that we have exceeded your expectations! At Good Nite Inn Sacramento, we care about our customers and endeavor our best efforts to make their visit enjoyable and uncomplicated. We very much appreciate your kind words, particularly of who provided excellent service to assist you with your requirements. We will certainly share your favorable comments to the team! Again, thank you for the gift of feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Good Nite Inn Sacramento
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I pretty much live here. I feel very safe at this hotel. Staff are nice and always helpful. Maids are nice and always do there best to keep the rooms clean. Grounds are well kept. Yes there are people standing outside but are they not allowed to? I feel safe.no.matter who's there or whats happening. If u don't like the smell of smoke BOOK A NONE SMOKING ROOM. I love this hotel. I love the big king beds and adjusting shower heads. Carpets are clean bathrooms clean. I recommend this hotel. Great room for a great price.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank queenbeebee
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Please accept our sincere thanks for your recent correspondence regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel. We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome. We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.
Orange country
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms here just because this is the closest place to stay near our very ill friend's house, and the nightly rate was a bonus, $48/night. This is a typical motel type place where the rooms' doors are exposed to public road. Take your risk.
After an exhausting day, we were awakened by a 6am call asking us to go down the front desk to sign a form(about policy?) Very unusual and weird at that hour aside from the fact that we signed everything during our check in. The caller even asked if my husband is the one signing. Perhaps trying to know if there's a male inside. I said yes but it's too early and we will deal with that later and I hung up. Of course my sleep was interrupted already and upon further investigation, we found out that the second lock was partly opened, and I went to my friends room to tell this story. When I'm about to return to my room, there was a big, hiphop looking man standing outside my room. Scared, I retreated back in. That guy, walked to the end of the hallway pretending to be on the phone.
We informed the front desk, they said they didn't make any calls and advised us to report incidents like this immediately.
It could be one of those guys who will lure you out of your room and rob you.
This is what you get for $ 48./night I guess. Just be careful. Always double check.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dontwakemeup
25howe, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sacramento, responded to this review, 30 June 2014