“Accommodating staff. Clean rooms. Great Price.”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Stayed here a couple of nights for business. The staff was very kind and accommodating with all my requests. The rooms are spacious and clean (seemed to be recently remodeled). Would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank want2gosomewhere
Governors, Public Relations Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Thank you so much for kind and generous comments about your recent stay at the Governors Inn Hotel. We strive to exceed every guest's expectation when they stay with us. As you noted, the rooms in our hotel have been recently updated with new carpeting, paint, linens and other upgrades. We have received numerous compliments on our new look. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Governors Inn Hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2011

We booked this hotel hotel through a private party booking service so right off we didn't know what we were going to get. When we got to the hotel we were like it looks ok so we started in. Very very nice! We went up to the room and it was very very nice and spacious. We have a 2 year old and that was a very good feature. He was able to run and jump around as if he was at home. The only thing I think needs improvment in the Contintal Breakfast. We went down expecting a really nice breakfast bar seeing how nice the rest of the hotel is. We were very disappointed :( and thats the only thing I found wrong. I would most definitely book this hotel whenever i'm in Sacremento.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MDUBB

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Governors Inn Hotel. We take great pride in ensuring every guest has a great experience with us. We are always looking to improve our breakfast bar and appreciate your feedback. Last year we added hot waffles and Seattle's Best Coffee to our continental breakfast menu. We also converted two conference rooms to accommodate a larger breakfast area and added a large screen TV. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

I reserved this hotel through a blind bid on Priceline.com. I was a little concerned after winning the bid and reading the reviews for this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised after getting to the location. The hotel was clean, well kept, and recently remodeled. They offered a nice breakfast of danishes, fruit, juices, coffee, tea, waffles, instant oatmeal, toast, and cold cereal. It was plenty for a free breakfast! The safty issue seemed to be a concern for others, but I found the hotel to be safe. It closed and locked the back gate at night and had an iron fence around the property. I did not see any homeless as stated in other reviews. The pool was nice, still a little cold for me but my kids enjoyed it. The spa was nice. Overall, I wanted to post since I thought this hotel got a bad rap from previous posts. Oh....and the beds were comfortable, I didnt notice a noise problem since we sleep with the AC on.

1  Thank jdorsett

Thank you so much for your review of the Governors Inn Hotel. Our owners and staff take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our hotel guests. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

This place was very clean and quiet (despite being very close to I-5). With free parking, free wireless, and a continental breakfast, it was a fabulous value for the money! The shower was spacious and the water pressure great, and I really like having a refrigerator in the room. If you're looking for a place with character that is within walking distance of restaurants, this is not it. But if you're looking for something with just the basics -- but the basics done well -- this is the place!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madfinch
Reviewed 5 May 2011

If you like sleeping in the ghetto than this hotel is for you. It is in a terrible location, police station next door, Super 8 across the street and a ton of homeless people sleeping outside. Certainly did not feel safe leaving the hotel at night.

The rooms are mediocre, there is a distinct smell in the room. Asked to change rooms 2x due to the smell. A/C's were barely working in 2 of the rooms I was placed in.

Stains on the carpets.
Continental breakfast is a joke
Had to ask for towels more than once

Certainly better hotels for the dollar out there.

2  Thank princesstart

I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on striving to deliver outstanding service and satisfaction to each of our hotel guests. The Governors Inn Hotel has recently completed a total room makeover which included new carpeting, paint and other room upgrades. Last year we all so added waffles to our breakfast menu and we now feature Seattle’s Best Coffee. Our lobby area is sparkling with brand new furniture, carpeting and fresh new paint.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Reasonable rate, clean room and quiet. The only 2 issues, a housekeeper at 8:30 am (too early) and a meager continental breakfast

Room Tip: Get a room on the quiet side away from mcdonalds
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I ended up at Governor's Inn when I was on a business trip and Sacramento's hotels were all largely booked (an online service put me here). I made 3 noise complaints between midnight and 1:30 am because people were running through the halls yelling and slamming doors. I was appalled at how the night clerk handled it. "They're drunk," he said. I called again and pointed out that it's really inappropriate to do nothing. Only then did he call security. Ridiculous.

The renovations are nice for a motel although blankets were inadequate.

• Stayed: January 2011