“good hotel, terrible "toilet paper and kleenex"”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 29 May 2012

we stay here every Memorial Day Weekend.
room clean. continental breakfast - OK
must be change of management because the toilet paper and kleenex was HORRIFIC this time. Didn't/Couldn't imagine that any company could make such a rough product.
TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE

Room Tip: bring your own "paper"
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Governors Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

And you are totally correct and we appreciate you telling us. Somehow, someway, some wrong order brought us the "terrible toilet paper and Kleenex". Being Memorial Day weekend our staff was caught in a dilemma and honestly we could not go without until Tuesday. So when Tuesday finally arrived, we were on the phone to our supplier to get the right product delivered. I am glad to say we are back in the soft paper land.

Thanks for understanding and we hope to see you again in our softer environment. All the best!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here on Memorial day weekend, we had a great time. The staff were all so friendly (especially was impressed with Heiner, and George the shuttle driver) everyone from the front desk to housekeeping, and the breakfast preppers (breakfast was great, make your own Belgium waffles, yogurt, fruits, cereals, bagels, coffee and juices)
My only complaints is that they have beautiful plantation shutters, but don't have blackout curtains so light comes in during the day. Absolutely no view but what can they do about that? The TV is older, not high def screen, but I'm not there to watch tv when I travel. There was a nice couch/hideabed in our king room so it felt like a suite. No tub either, and the closet is kind of small but the grounds are nice, hot tub by the pool is very nice and very warm too! Really the positives outweigh the negatives. Not a lot to do in this part of town, but you are a few minutes drive to downtown. Great restaraunt just a few minutes walk down the street that Heiner recommended and gave us a coupon for two percent off the meal.
Overall this is a fine hotel and I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank batlord77

We are so glad you stayed with during Memorial Day Weekend. There was so much going on in town including the Sacramento Music Festival and County Fair. In addition, Old Sacramento and the River Cats Baseball team are always a big plus for people…there is just so much to do in our community.

It is always great when we receive comments about our staff members. Although we are in the Hotel business, we are really in the hospitality business. We know the value of treating customers’ right and to hear that first hand from our guests really brightens our day. We are happy you had a great time with us and hope you come back soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

The only reason I didn't give an "excellent" rating was that when I checked in, I was not told the room I was assigned was handicapped-accessible. I really didn't like having the shower and the toilet in the same area....the toilet got quite wet...as well as the floors all around.

Other than that, I loved this hotel. I stayed here again on my way home. I have stayed here many times and will continue to do so. The last 4 times, I have also brought traveling friends with me.

Always a pleasure.

Room Tip: Unless you require one, make sure you specify that you do not need a handicap-accessible accomodatio...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

First let me say how sorry we are about not informing you about the type of room you were given. Typically handicapped-accessible rooms are reserved for our guests that make these requests. If we are in a sold out situation and there have been no request for these rooms, they are assigned to other guests. Situations like the one you experienced are uncommon.

I have shared your comments with the general manager and our front desk clerks and we will do a better job of informing our guests about room types in the future.

I am glad your stay with us was excellent. Thank you for taking the time to share your review as we are always looking to exceed every guest’s expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I got a decent deal on this property on Priceline. It's not downtown and not really within walking distance of anypoints of interest, but the location is convenient for either a one-night stopover or if you plan to do most of your travelling by car as it's not so bad. The rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast, but it wasn't the best. Staff seemed quite responsive in our limited interaction with them. Parking was free, which was a plus.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BW_McCullough
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel a number of years ago when it was often used by the Department of Education for conferences and recently returned to it when I tired of spending ridiculous amounts of money on rooms and parking at the chains. If you are looking for large flat screen TVs and glitz, this is not your kind of place. If you are looking for a place very close to downtown, nice front desk people, consistently clean and large rooms, a good bed, a small refrigerator, and space to work at night, it's a good value. I've gotten a $79 rate, which includes a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Good4Business

Welcome Back! Thank you for your review and kind comments about our staff. We know and appreicate the value of delivering the best customer service and quality to our guest, which is why are staff works hard everyday to make sure our hotel is top notch in everyway. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Recently our family stayed at the Governor's Inn, we were celebrating a birthday and wanted to spend time in Old Sacramento...this hotel was so close and had everything we wanted...a pool, spa, clean and large rooms, with very comfortable beds. We felt right at home. I recommend this hotel with 5 stars, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had the king, and it has a separate area for a couch and a desk...large comfortable rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

How gracious of you to give such a wonderful review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We really appreciate the kind words and recommendations about our property. We do our very best to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience staying with us as we pride ourselves on being hospitality people. We are glad that you not only enjoyed your stay but also took the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Motels.com gives this hotel a 2 1/2 star on a scale of 5, but I would rate it higher. We normally stay at 2 or 3 star hotels and it was the best older motel/hotel we've stayed. Nice sized room, very clean, etc. Cosmetically it maybe older, but well maintained. We saved a lot of money ($77.40 vs. $148.00) booking it through motels.com, rather than booking it directly with the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Governors Inn Hotel. We very much appreciate the feedback as we are always striving to deliver the very best value and services to our guests. All of our guest rooms, Lobby area and Breakfast room have been fully renovated. We take extreme pride in our property and keep it well maintained. Thank you for highlighting those attributes in your review.