“Perfect!”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel only for one night but everything was really perfect.
The room was very clean, they had a nice shower (no curtain - glass door - which I prefer!).
The pool is not very big but ok. Breakfast is perfect (coffee, orange juice, cereals, milk, toast, bagels, muffins...) and the breakfast lady too :-).
Wifi worked fine, we had a fridge in our room and it is about 5 min to the State Capitol.
Would definitely go there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra R
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for your PERFECT review! We know that the hospitality business is all about people and our staff team works really hard to give each and every one of our guest a great experience. We are so glad that you found our hotel a great place to stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean with all the usual amenities and good continental breakfast. It is not in a good location to walk anywhere downtown, though. Also, check in was absurdly slow...they seemed understaffed.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed the amenities and breakfast. Sorry about the slow check-in process. We are accustomed to giving our guests a fast and easy check-in experience. I will share your comments with our front desk team so that we can make the necessary changes to avoid this from happening in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stay at this hotel once or twice a year,. I have stayed here for years. I keep asking for a listing of the TV channels. No one seems to care enought to print out a list for all the rooms. Every hotel I've ever stayed in, has a listing of TV channels for that area. I ask for one, when I was there on June 4, and finally, after two hours of waiting, got one. It was handwritten ! Don't understand why this is such a difficult thing to provide ! Also, a microwave in the rooms would be nice. Other than that, my stay is usually good. My only other complaint was the breakfast selection. Very poor.

Room Tip: request the room you want when you book
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for letting us know about the TV Channel Guide. When we did our room renovations, we emptied all the rooms and never replaced the TV Channel Guide. Please know that we are producing a TV Channel Guide for each of the rooms and sorry that we did not have them available during your stay. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Clean & comfortable at a great price. Free continental breakfast. Room even had a refrigerator. Less than 5 miles to downtown & Capitol area. The only draw back is that the location is not in a very nice neighborhood. But very close to freeway. Would definitely stay hear again when in Sacramento.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fishsaucegirl
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for your review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We get a lot of comments about our location but I must say the city of Sacramento is investing heavily into our area. Caltrans and the City of Sacramento have recently completed a renovation of the freeway interchange, added new traffic lights, improved the intersections, beautified the area landscape, completed a new light rail station and added decorative LED lighting to the freeway underpass.

We are very excited about all the changes and beautification happening in our neighborhood. Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Sacramento.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Governors Inn has easy access off the highway on the north side of Sacramento. The grounds are clean and well-maintained. I had a large room with all the extras except microwave. The room and bath were nicely decorated and very clean. The TV was older style and seemed to have limited channel selection, but the internet was free and fast. Nice comfortable bed and pillows for a good nights' rest. Left the A/C on Fan all night to block any highway noise, but it was surprisingly quiet. I was disappointed in the limited breakfast selections. There is a McDonalds next door and a steak place down the road. Gas station/convenience store across the street. Very friendly, helpful staff and a very reasonable price for a quiet, safe, comfortable night. I recommend staying here and hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the highway are quieter.
3  Thank texasrepublichistory
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

We really appreciate your review. Seeing that you are a top contributor to TripAdvisor, we value your candid and detail feedback. Our staff takes enormous pride in ensuring our hotel is clean and well-maintained as you noted. We recently upgraded our free internet service and have received many positive comments on the increased speed. In terms of our continental breakfast, it is a basic menu but we do add and subtract items based on our guests’ feedback.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Sacramento!

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I felt very safe here as a woman traveling alone. Room (king) was very spacious and comfortable. My only "complaints" are that the window a/c is a bit noisy and there is really nothing for breakfast unless you want processed carbs, But with McDonalds next door, I could pick up an Egg McMuffin and ditch the muffin and I was good to go. Small fridge in room, exercise equipment off the lobby, pool and spa. Easy freeway access. Highly recommended, especially for the great rate I got via Hotel.com; I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, stay on the non-freeway side. Next time, I might ask for a 3rd floor...
1  Thank Marcia W
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you Marcia W for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you found your king room comfortable. We strive to provide our guests with the best service. Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast. We are always reviewing our menu and making improvements. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is a boutique hotel in a bad physical location but it is just off of I-5 and within minutes of midtown Sacramento. The hotel has a nice size room with a comfortable bed. nice linens and towels. The room was clean and adequate for an extended stay as long as you have a car to get around. Front desk is very friendly. There is free parking and free WIFI in the room. I downgraded the hotel because my room had no flat screen TV, no microwave, and the included breakfast is very basic.....danish, bagels, cereal, yogurt, coffee and juice. The hotel says it has HBO but it was a premium channel at an extra cost. I also was unable to watch Madmen because I could not find the AMC channel. The only restaurant nearby is McDonalds. Not a bad place to stay if you can get a discount and you just want free WIFI and a clean comfortable room. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business