“Will book again!”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 10 March 2013

A friend recommended after staying here several times. We gave it a shot and were pleasantly surprised. Nice location, nice staff, clean rooms, spacious rooms, easy on and off freeway access, a couple of restaurants and a Mickey D's all within walking distance. Our room was near the McD drive through and never heard it from our room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Jacqueline A,

Thank you for recent review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We appreciate all of the great comments on your review. Please let us know how we can make a future visit to Sacramento even more enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I don't give this five star rating lightly. I had to make a last minute trip to Sacramento and with no previous visits to the city, I had no idea where my meeting was, how to get there, etc. The staff at the Governors Inn went above and beyond helping my mom and I get to where we needed to be and didn't make us feel like we put them out at all! The Inn is beautifully decorated and very clean. Every single person, from George who picked us up at the airport, to the check in gal, to their second driver was a delight to meet. I wish we had this hotel in my neck of the woods! Did I mention the price was fabulous too!

Room Tip: We had double queens and the room was still very big. Beds were a bit on the hard side for my taste...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sdbrookelin

Dear sdbrookelin,

Thank you so much for your review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We love your review headline! It is wonderful to read you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Our team works very hard to ensure our facilities are well maintained and consistently offer a comfortable environment for our guests. I will be sharing your review with our staff and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I booked this hotel through Booking.com. But I had to change my itinerary and needed to stay in downtown area. After I cancelled, I was told to wait for 7-8 business days for the refund. So I waited and didn’t receive my refund on the 8th day. As a result, I had to cut my trip short because I needed the money to stay 3 more days in SF area. The front desk person said that the general manager who was responsible for processing the refund had gone for a vacation for 2 weeks and no one could confirm whether the refund had been made. Then finally the general manager got back from a long vacation. Although she has forgotten to deposit the refund, she was not apologetic at all. I wanted to hear at least “I’m sorry” from her. The other reception person who called me sounded very rude, too. She also did not apologize. The rude attitudes of the hotel staffs left me with a bad impression of the hotel. Anyway, don’t book this hotel if you aren’t sure about your travel itinerary. Hotel itself looked nice, but it is in a very run-down depressive looking area of town and there is nothing to see around the hotel (just Denny’s and McDonald). Women travelling alone (like me) are not advised to stay here unless they have cars. But then they will have to worry about for paying for the parking in the downtown area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank MarieStNewYork S
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We were there for the last two nights and were very pleased with our stay. The customer service (especially with Heiner, who was both courteous and friendly when we made our reservation) was great throughout our stay. Although this hotel is not the Ritz, it's very clean and comfortable. Our room, which was a King's Suite, was large and nicely appointed. Although the bathroom was relatively small, both the towels and the bed linens were very good quality. The continental breakfast was average except for the waffles which were great! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor on the back side of the building which is further from the freeway and quiete...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear ByDandL,

Thank you for your recent review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We really appreciate your high praise of the hotel staff and accommodations. I am glad we exceeded your expectations.

If we can absolutely do anything to make a future visit to Sacramento more enjoyable, please let us know.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I really wasn't expecting much. Boy, was I surprised.
The staff was great. Helped me pick a place to eat, helped make transportation.
The lobby is a nice sized, well decorated space. Plenty of room to sit and watch people.
They have shuttle service to/from the airport (which is quite a distance from the hotel), and to the convention center area in the heart of Sacramento. From the convention center it is an easy walk to any of the downtown sites.
The room was clean, well decorated.
The breakfast food- I don't recall any meats or other proteins other than yogurt. :-(
Governor's Inn will definitely be my go-to hotel in Sacramento.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear egatrop,

Thank you for your recent review of the Governors Inn Hotel. We are so pleased you were happy with the room accommodations and your stay while you were here! We are especially pleased that you found our staff to be very accommodating and helpful. Our staff works very hard to exceed our guests' expectations and am glad we achieved that with you.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Hotel provides a shuttle to and from airport but also to the downtown which makes this hotel an ideal budget hotel for those attending conventions. Rooms are large, clean and well kept. Breakfast is included but is not the best I've had in similar hotels. There is a Denny's opposite though

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear David H,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Governors Inn Hotel. Our hotel prides itself on our clean facilities, friendly and helpful staff, we thank you for very nice comments.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

The Governor's Inn was booked via a website that didn't allow me to know where I Was booking until after payment had been made. Needless to say I was a little skeptical when I saw the location of the hotel. As I'm from Sacramento and I knew this area was not the best and not the worst as far as locations. Ideally it was not far from my intended primary locations to visit (downtown and Carmichael).

When growing up I knew this hotel was there but never really paid too much attention to it. When I arrived at the hotel it was immediately clear that the hotel had been thru a recent renovation. The renovation definitely brought this hotel back to life and appears to have been extremely comprehensive in nature.

Outside the hotel they have installed ceramic tiles which look great! HOWEVER they are extremely slippery when wet, cold or even have a slight dusting of frost (since they are in the shade of the building). From the fog they were damp and I almost slipped and fell just walking to the front door! Be Very Careful and at this point I'm not sure if there is anything that the management can do to fix it except put up a warning sign and/better lighting in that area.

The lobby is well decorated, quiet and inviting. The night audit clerk was nice and was able to check me in with no problems and was friendly in nature.

The parking lot is huge however a good chunk of it was taped off for unknown reasons. Since I checked in at night I was able to witness the local homeless loitering outside the gates of the property. So I would highly recommend locking your car and taking any valuables. Even though on one side of this hotel is a local Sacramento Police Station you still need to be responsible for your belongings.

There are vending machines on the first floor outside of the elevators which also has couches and appears to be a secondary lobby of sorts.

The room I had was a double and was nice. In room the following items were available: Flat Screen TV (42"), Desk, chair, two pillow top beds, shutters on the windows, AC/Heater, Fridge, Iron/Ironing Board, Wall lamps/Desk Lamp, toiletries, ice bucket, luggage stand all standard.

There is was no bathtub, only a stand up glass enclosed shower (or at least that was the case in my room). The beds were very comfortable and nice with adequate pillows.

In the morning they have a Continental breakfast with: Juice/Coffee/Milk, Cereal, fruit, yogurt, waffles and various pastries and bagels, all fresh and well stocked.

Overall the room was nice, quiet and clean. The only complaint I had was that there seemed to be some faults with the water pressure when taking a shower. The classic case of cold water pressure dropping to the point you're border line getting scolded with hot water for a few seconds. For what I paid for the room I was more than happy and have paid more for less and would probably have paid a little more for this room if I hadn't booked via the blind website. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to stay near downtown but not pay the high rates that come with it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Overtrip,

Thank you for your recent and detailed review of the Governors Inn Hotel. I am so happy that you recognized the good service, clean room, and nice accommodations at the hotel. Our owners are very particular about keeping our hotel well-maintained and thus we were doing our annual resurfacing of the parking area which is why a portion of the lot was roped off. In addition, our grounds keepers are now getting ready to plant spring flowers.

If we can do anything to make a future visit to your hometown more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.