Governors Inn Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$103
US$100
All reviewsplantation shutterscontinental breakfastyogurtacross the streetroom was largeceiling fanclose to downtownhomeless peopleold towntv channelsgas stationwaffle makereasy accessparking lotfree shuttlemini fridgeking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2013

One night stay. Got a great price on Hotwire for Admissions Day festivities at the Capitol Building.

I asked about bus service to Downtown and was advised that the hotel runs a shuttle to the Convention Center. Very convenient even though we finally decided to drive in to town. The gentleman at the desk was polite and proficient.

Our room was on the first floor and looked out on shrub landscaping. No view, but it was private and no light to bother us at night.

The room itself was very spacious and the bed was comfortable and had beautiful bed linens. The place was also spotless and I love the shower not being in a bathtub.

The breakfast room was large and uncrowded. I thought that the bagel selection was fantastic. I had a cheese bagel that I would rate as one of the best bagels I have ever had. Highly unusual for a hotel free breakfast. I would love to know who supplies their bagels.

Didn't want to forget that the coffee available in the lobby was mindblowing. Peets Coffee and well brewed.

Don't let the reviews about the neighborhood scare you off. There might be some homeless around, but I didn't feel at all threatened.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This hotel was a step up from the usual hotels one finds close to an airport. The room was large and walls were thick enough not to hear other guests. The lobby was attractive. The continental breakfast was good. I was very pleased, especially given the reasonable nightly rate.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 74Vacation
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and nicely designed. It's right priced and only 5 minutes from downtown Sacramento. And only 15 minutes from the Airport. Has a nice pool and jacuzzi. No bath tub just a shower stall but very clean. No mold or mildew. The mattress was clean. The Continental breakfast was very nice. Was there for a wedding and extended to a vacation. I would definitely go back again if I were in that area. About 1 1/2 from San Fransico.

Room Tip: If possible over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had to stop in Sacramento for a business meeting. This is a real switch from our usual fun road trips. We were clueless where to stay in the area so of course I went to my fellow TA contributors for advice. Nice job! The hotel is better looking the the review pictures. The young lady behind the front desk was very helpful and polite. We told her we needed to meet with an associate in the morning and asked for recommendations. She thought the lobby was a good spot and it was! There are plenty of seating areas for small get together/meetings. Complimentary coffee in the lobby as well. Even our local was impressed. Our room was equally nice. No tubs, only showers. And we did leave a note to the manager...please, more power outlets for our tablets, phones etc. There was only one accessible plug on the desk and I'm not fond of charging my electronics on the bath counter. Also, word of advice...The continental breakfast closes up at 9am! Don't sleep in. The wireless worked great. Our room was overlooking the 5 and a fast food drive thru, but with the window closed, we didn't hear a thing. Our king room also had a sofa, am grateful for a place to sit instead of the bed. We would return to this hotel. Nice, clean, professional and at an amazing price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank norcalhummingbirds
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear ochummingbird,

We cannot thank you enough for your kind and wonderful review of the Governors Inn Hotel. It is always a pleasure to read and respond to our guests that had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. We will be looking into the electrical outlets to see how best we may add more as the age we live in offers a greater need for charging multiple electronic devices.

Thank you again for taking the time for your review on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you back at our hotel soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I loved this hotel and would happily return for another stay. The lobby and the room were beautifully clean. Everything was fresh and elegant. The people at the front desk are genuinely helpful, respectful, and caring.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Norma W

Dear Norma W,

Thank you for your wonderful words about our employees! They do work hard to deliver outstanding service to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.