“a1 night stay”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I am sorry to say I had a bad time with the desk managers when I was there. They never ask for our 3a card that could have saved use 10.00$ or more. I beleave it would be to there best to as when you first get to the hotel about the 3-A card or at lease give it to you after you sign in. Also we found out we could of got the room for 45.00$ less from others on line!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Overall, I enjoyed this hotel. I stayed here on business and found that the hotel offered nearly every amenity that I needed. The room was spacious and clean. The bed slept well and the location was ideal. Great value for the price. The downside was their breakfast. Truly a lack of effort on their part. Cold cereal, muffins, breads and the standard waffle with sugar syrup. Most hotels offer sugar free syrup since nearly 30 million Americans are diabetic. To make matters worse, the lone breakfast employee had a tip jar set out on the counter. A tip is something that is given for great service not simply because you are doing the job you get paid to do. I ate their breakfast once and went across the street to Denny's the second day for a real breakfast. I'd probably stay here again, but if you're looking for a hotel with a free breakfast, keep looking. You'll be very disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NonnahsS
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear NonnahsS,

Thank you for staying with us and glad you enjoyed your room and hotel facilities. We are sorry that the continental breakfast did not meet your expectations. Because it is continental we do try and rotate different options into the breakfast. As you mention, there is a brand new Dennys across the street from our hotel that is open 24 hours and provides more substantial meals.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

2nd stay here and I will stay here again. I booked on Priceline for Nov. 27 and got a great price at $50/night. My room is much larger than typical motel rooms.

Good Continental breakfast! Nice lobby. Excellent value for the price, couldn't be happier. Older property that has been updated quite successfully.

McDonalds next door. Denny's across the street.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed one night there, I had a great time. hotel is located in a good place.Their room was spacious and clean I had a great and comfortable bed.Also, tube was acceptable.
There is no microwave in rooms.
the worst thing is their internet.
Break fast is Ok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Babak S
Reviewed 3 November 2013

As a stopover on my trip further south, the Governor's Inn was excellent with pleasant staff, nice decor, and exercise room with quality TRUE equipment. The room rate was very reasonable for this hotel which I will definitely remember if my travel plans take me near Sacramento again.

Room Tip: Room on the east side, away from the I-5 side of the hotel would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda B

Dear Linda B,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing a 5 star rating. Our staff is a hard working team who strive to exceed expectations of our guests. I am glad we did so with you. We really hope your travels bring you back to Sacramento.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel isn't much to look at from the outside, but is quite nice inside. The rooms are large, tastefully decorated, and very clean. The staff are friendly. The location is great for jumping in the car and getting onto the highway, but not good if you want to walk around (McDonalds and Dennys are the only things nearby).

A few complaints (and why they didn't get another star) - the continental breakfast was pretty lame, was served with cutlery and tableware straight from a prison ward, and was served in a room with Headline News on so loudly that conversation was impossible. The cage of parakeets in the front lobby was filthy (they should either keep it clean or not bother to have it). And my shower was either hot or cold but not in-between no matter how carefully I adjusted the control.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hilary S
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it is close to the Sacramento airport and I was flying out the next day. My car window was broken, my laptop and other items stolen. When I told the night clerk, his lack of concern was upsetting. I was told someone would call me to let me know if they found these items - I had to call them. I will never stay at this hotel again - not only due to lack of security, but the uncaring attitude towards their customer.

Room Tip: Pick an upstairs interior room if you are a woman traveling alone.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business