“Nice place, great prices!”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with the family to attend a wedding in Sacramento. Was pleasantly surprised for the price we paid -- large clean rooms, comfortable beds, quiet, yet close to the freeway. I didn't think the area the hotel was in was sketchy, but regardless, there were bright lights in all areas of the parking lot and I felt safe at the hotel itself. Front desk personnel were friendly, as was the cleaning staff. Will definitely stay again should we ever need a place in the area!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Crys733,
thank you for your very kind review. Our staff works very hard to exceed the expectation of our guests and we are glad we did so with you and your family. We look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I saw this hotel from the internet and it has almost five star, but this hotel deserve a rate higher than five! This Inn is one of the best! The place is quiet, even though they are near the freeway, clean (for me it's super neat) kind staff, a good breakfast! This Inn gave us the most relaxing feeling after a long six hour drive from SoCal. I love the room, simple yet classy :)

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Heartily24,
We agree " Cleanliness is the best policy!" which is why our housekeeping crew takes great pride in their work to ensure that our rooms, common areas and overall facility meets and exceeds the high expectations of our guest. Thank you mentioning it in your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here for an overnight in Sacramento. The area the hotel was in was a bit sketchy. It was close to the interstate and right next to a McDonald's if you need that. The room itself was fine, nothing to write home about but not a bad room either. The bathroom and sink were nice. The bed was of average comfort. The room was quiet and it was clean. The free breakfast was average and there was plenty of it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A real banquet, business conference sort of place. Lobby is very nice with birds and fish, nice colors. Parking is easy and access to doorways near your room is good. My room was large with a refrigerator that needed to be plugged in, a flat screen which was nice and a ceiling fan. The traffic thought to be a problem subsided into the late hours. Not much for dining within walking distance, so a short ride to Old Sacramento proved the effort. The king bed was very comfortable and the linens were nice. Slept well but there is an early morning wake up with the McDonald drive through just outside our third floor window. View of the freeway exchange and busy intersection was apparent by opening the plantation shutters. The breakfast room was bleak with mostly starchy selections and a flat screen with the news. There is a fitness room with a couple treadmills and a business area off the lobby at the entrance to the pool and jacuzzi viewed from the lobby. All in all a comfortable place for the business person to rest and get caught up on correspondence and projects. Other patrons seemed to be young families or older children involved with sports on this middle of the week day.

Room Tip: The hallways are long so I would choose a room near the elevator..
1  Thank lilly172
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Governors Inn has been around for many years. They've done some remodeling and fixed it up pretty good and my 2 day stay was good with no problems to speak of.

The king size bed was comfortable. The big flat screen was nice, and the a/c worked good in this decent sized room. It can be a bit noisy depending on the room location. The mini-fridge was pointless as it barely cooled my drinks ... and yes it was turned up to the max. The well-worn iron was secured to the ironing board with a coil type thing and is very cumbersome to use. I travel everywhere and I've never seen this security feature before on a 10 dollar iron. really!?

Hotel location is very good for wherever you might need to drive to in the Sacramento area, even though the immediate hotel area can be a little questionable ... meaning you don't want to be walking much in the area, especially at night. The staff is friendly and there's plenty of parking. The continental breakfast is mostly worthless. People were heard grumbling about the very few choices and the fact that they'd run out of waffle batter by 8:30am.

Overall, my short stay was fine and the price was good. I would return.

Room Tip: There's a McD's right next door, so that side of the hotel might be extra noisy.
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Nice, clean property. Front desk services very accommodating. Housekeeping did a nice job. Beds were comfortable. Stayed 5 nights. Only complaint was that there was quite a bit of traffic noise. We ran the fan on high to cover it. Continental Breakfast was simple and exactly the same choices every day.

1  Thank MNTRAVELER1000

Dear MNTRAVELER1000,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to hear about the traffic noise. With the work on some of the local freeways, commuters have been looking for alternative routes to circumvent the traffic slow downs. Usually we do not get much traffic in the evening hours. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I booked this hotel on an Orbitz whim, the kind where you supposedly save money by booking an unknown hotel room for a cheaper rate. My "great deal" was supposedly getting a $115 room for $75. Well, after I booked the reservation I discover that the going rate for their rooms is $80. So no real bargain there. I probably will never trust Orbitz again or do this sort of business with them. So you have been warned!!

The hotel was definitely older than it looks in the pics too. There was no literature in the room telling you check out times, pool/Jacuzzi hours or any info on the times of the breakfast buffet. We opted to sleep in till 9:30 & my husband ran down to the buffet & it was being shut down & was slim pickins by then. There was not even a microwave to heat up the few bread items that were left. And no microwave in the room tho there was a very noisy mini frig. The bed was kinda lumpy but I slept okay. We had a king bed. There was only a stand up shower in the room too. I guess it was fine for $75 but I definitely would have hated to pay more for this place. The location was convenient to Old Sac, just a couple minutes to drive there. I don't see what people were raving about with this hotel, it was nothing spectacular or special....just serviceable if you really don't plan to spend much time in your room except to sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanieKennedy

Dear JanieKennedy,
I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. We value our client feedback and we use the information we learn to improve our services to our guests. It is our custom to let all of our guests know the continental breakfast and swimming pool hours upon check-in. Our clerks also provide the access code to the internet during check-in as well. We do provide a microwave in our breakfast room which is located on the back table.

I will be sharing your feedback with our front desk clerks to remind them about making sure all guests are informed of the hours for the breakfast buffet. We do appreciate you staying with us.