Governors Inn Hotel
US$92
US$189
US$178
  • Pool
All reviewsplantation shutterscontinental breakfastyogurtacross the streetroom was largeceiling fanclose to downtownhomeless peopleold towntv channelsgas stationwaffle makereasy accessparking lotfree shuttlemini fridgeking bed
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Nice hotel. Very clean. I looked at star wells and they were spotless. Coffee was good and strong in morning. Most places put out the watered down stuff, Governors inn put out the good stuff. A/C in room was good and cold. The McDonald's next door I never heard.
Rates were good. Has van service to and from airport and a few spot to downtown.

They also have a 2 maid policy. This protects maids and also one would not be tempted to lift anything from rooms when cleaning, hate to bring that up but I had in past had things disappear room my room. I am NOT talking about Gov Inn. This happen in a hotel in Gallup NM 20 years ago. I left my lap top sit out the whole time I was @ Gov Inn.

There is a 10 foot wall around parking lot, blocks street noise and keeps foot traffic to a min. Plenty of security cameras.
The elevators were fast.
I did look for things wrong: found nothing.
I had my bike with me and was able to ride over to the start of the bike race that started on Capital street (ATOC) so hotel is close to downtown. That took me about 15 minuets by bike to the other side of downtown. Light rail is close so yo could walk to it.
If you need a bike to rent, check out City Works Bicycle. They had the best deal I could find and I check out most bike shops before coming.
My advice: stay here.
Mark
Tucson

Room Tip: McDonald's next to hotel. I did not hear any traffic from drive though. I did not use room service. Some foot traffic out by street. They stayed on sidewalk and did not enter property. Nothing to worry about. Just use common sense if you go out at night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mark S,
Thank You! We so much appreciate your detailed and candid feedback about your stay with us. I loved your advice --- Stay here. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Governors Inn is not a simple motel. It offers that kind of services and attentions usually available in classy and exclusive inns, nonetheless it cannot be considered a dear place. For a competitive rate I got an impeccably clean large room, equipped with fridge, coffee maker, iron board and iron and a good wi fi connection. I really appreciated the kindness and the professionalism of the whole staff ( among the best I ever met ) and I enjoyed the free airport shuttle service as well as the rich breakfast offered every morning from 0630 a.m..The location is good, being located just beside the Richard Blvd exit of the I 5 and within walking distance ( 20 minutes )from Old Sacramento and downtown. Despite the proximity to a main traffic line the Governors Inn offers a quiet and comfortable atmosphere, that I would define without doubt hushed. Guests can count on a large parking lot, an outdoor swimming pool, a valid fitness center, complimentary lobby computer and complimentary coffee and teas. Should I try and think what I would like to be improved I would be in trouble. The only details that could make this place even better could be the availability of an in room microwave ( not a big issue since guests can make use of the one in the breakfast room ) and anticipating at least at 0600 breakfast. Would I stay here again? Yes, without the faintest doubt. Would I recommend it a friend? Yes, no doubt.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear d8889,
Not only did we thoroughly enjoy reading your review, but your photos were fabulous. Thank you so much for your kind comments on TripAdvisor! We are glad that to have exceeded your expectations and deliver to you outstanding accommodations. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

For my first time in Sacramento, this was the perfect location and accommodations for my needs. the staff members were particularly helpful and I found the atmosphere quiet and comfortable. It is a wonderful selection at the right price for any traveler.

Room Tip: Very economical, comfortable, conveniently located to Interstate and very friendly staff.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John J

Dear John J,

We are glad you an excellent stay with us Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I travel and stay in hotels quite frequently. I stayed at the Governors Inn in April 2014. I was very pleased with the hotel. The rooms were nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Although The continental breakfast was good, I think adding hard boiled eggs and a breakfast meat, for protein, would make it so much better.
I would, definitely, stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debra B

Dear Debra B,
Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We so much appreciate you staying with us and were pleased with our hotel and staff. From time to time we do change up our breakfast but we do advertise it as a continental breakfast which is the baked items, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast and cereal along with coffee and orange juice.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with the family to attend a wedding in Sacramento. Was pleasantly surprised for the price we paid -- large clean rooms, comfortable beds, quiet, yet close to the freeway. I didn't think the area the hotel was in was sketchy, but regardless, there were bright lights in all areas of the parking lot and I felt safe at the hotel itself. Front desk personnel were friendly, as was the cleaning staff. Will definitely stay again should we ever need a place in the area!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Crys733,
thank you for your very kind review. Our staff works very hard to exceed the expectation of our guests and we are glad we did so with you and your family. We look forward to having you back again.