“Been there before, will be back again”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Governors Inn Hotel in Sacramento has continued to be one of the best things that has happened to us. We found them years ago and have never turned back. We do not travel too often, however, when ever we find ourselves in the Sacramento area needing lodging it is always the Governors Inn that we turn to. Between the amazing staff, the large rooms and the safe area to leave our vehicle when flying out of town we would not consider going anywhere else. Number one in our book!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Governors Inn H, General Manager at Governors Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Cheryl Z,
Thank you for your incredibly kind review! You are also number one in our book too. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Governors Inn Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We selected the Governor's Inn Hotel based on some earlier reviews and were not disappointed. It was easy to find, is close to downtown, has ample free parking, is notably clean, and has recently updated and roomy decor. The Hotel has all the services and quality of a comparable "big name" chain hotel without all the advertising. Breakfast was also comparable--the usual "continental" items, plus fresh fruit and yogurt, in an extremely clean setting, staffed to keep it so. Hotel price was fair/competitive. Would readily stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Morlows,
A huge thank you for review on TripAdvisor! Our staff works very hard to exceed the expectation of our guests and we are glad we did so for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Governors Inn and Hotel, and were pleasantly surprised with all the new updates! We arrived late to check in, but had no trouble finding parking and on top of that it was free. The manager Toni also made us feel like we were staying with old friends who were just waiting for our arrival.

Upon entering our room we discovered that the room had been newly updated from top to bottom. It was wonderful to have such a large desk provided for us so our boys had somewhere to draw, and we had somewhere to work. The fitness center was well maintained and offered a good selection of equipment- as well as the outdoor pool was perfect for a morning swim! But what stuck out most to me was the beautiful selection of carpeting that lead you around the hotel. That was one of the first things I noticed- the interior decorator had great taste! Needless to say I had a wonderful time at the Governers Inn and we will be staying here again.

Dear Deirdre D,
Thank you for your kind mention in TripAdvisor. We have a great team of people who love what they do and are passionate in serving our guests. Ever since the remodel, we have had many guests compliment us on the interior decorations so I am glad you found them to be exceptional too. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Newly Remodeled hotel. Clean and quiet. Pleasant experience overall for our family of 5. I only wish there was an vent fan in the bathroom. The breakfast was ok, but no hot items like eggs. The cleanliness of the room was top notch though. And I appreciated that the fridge was inside the cupboard so it was extra quiet.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank MamaLana5

Dear MamaLana5,
Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We very much value our the feedback from our guests. We are glad you appreciated the cleanliness of the room and hotel. Our housekeeping department takes great pride in keeping our rooms and overall facility super clean. Within our Continental Breakfast offering, we offer more traditional items such as orange juice, baked goods, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt and cereal. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed 6 nights. Hotel van picked us up at the airport. Even took us downtown to the Convention Center. (Close to the American Bike Path--which is very poorly signed). The area was a bit questionable after dark, however, it was that way downtown as well. The light Rail and Greyhound stations are within a half mile and the hotel van will provide transportation. The people, Sarah, George, Heiner, Michael, Pang were very helpful and friendly. The hot tub was hot, the pool a bit too cold to use. Our room was spotless each day we returned. The only mediocre thing was the breakfast. More fruit would have been good, however, we were so happy with the room, we bought our own fruit. Fridge was in the room with a microwave available to use. Breakfast info was posted at front desk and near the always available coffee/tea area. The hallways are long so the side door was handy and near the elevators.

Room Tip: If you are older, ask for a room near the elevators. We had room 205. Opposite the stairs which fit...

Dear Tucson_AZAdventurer,
Thank you very much for you kind review on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate you highlighting the staff that was most helpful to you. We take great pride in our service to our guests and I am glad you mentioned five who you interacted with during your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge these fine staffers. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Nice hotel. Very clean. I looked at star wells and they were spotless. Coffee was good and strong in morning. Most places put out the watered down stuff, Governors inn put out the good stuff. A/C in room was good and cold. The McDonald's next door I never heard.
Rates were good. Has van service to and from airport and a few spot to downtown.

They also have a 2 maid policy. This protects maids and also one would not be tempted to lift anything from rooms when cleaning, hate to bring that up but I had in past had things disappear room my room. I am NOT talking about Gov Inn. This happen in a hotel in Gallup NM 20 years ago. I left my lap top sit out the whole time I was @ Gov Inn.

There is a 10 foot wall around parking lot, blocks street noise and keeps foot traffic to a min. Plenty of security cameras.
The elevators were fast.
I did look for things wrong: found nothing.
I had my bike with me and was able to ride over to the start of the bike race that started on Capital street (ATOC) so hotel is close to downtown. That took me about 15 minuets by bike to the other side of downtown. Light rail is close so yo could walk to it.
If you need a bike to rent, check out City Works Bicycle. They had the best deal I could find and I check out most bike shops before coming.
My advice: stay here.
Mark
Tucson

Room Tip: McDonald's next to hotel. I did not hear any traffic from drive though. I did not use room se...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark S,
Thank You! We so much appreciate your detailed and candid feedback about your stay with us. I loved your advice --- Stay here. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Governors Inn is not a simple motel. It offers that kind of services and attentions usually available in classy and exclusive inns, nonetheless it cannot be considered a dear place. For a competitive rate I got an impeccably clean large room, equipped with fridge, coffee maker, iron board and iron and a good wi fi connection. I really appreciated the kindness and the professionalism of the whole staff ( among the best I ever met ) and I enjoyed the free airport shuttle service as well as the rich breakfast offered every morning from 0630 a.m..The location is good, being located just beside the Richard Blvd exit of the I 5 and within walking distance ( 20 minutes )from Old Sacramento and downtown. Despite the proximity to a main traffic line the Governors Inn offers a quiet and comfortable atmosphere, that I would define without doubt hushed. Guests can count on a large parking lot, an outdoor swimming pool, a valid fitness center, complimentary lobby computer and complimentary coffee and teas. Should I try and think what I would like to be improved I would be in trouble. The only details that could make this place even better could be the availability of an in room microwave ( not a big issue since guests can make use of the one in the breakfast room ) and anticipating at least at 0600 breakfast. Would I stay here again? Yes, without the faintest doubt. Would I recommend it a friend? Yes, no doubt.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear d8889,
Not only did we thoroughly enjoy reading your review, but your photos were fabulous. Thank you so much for your kind comments on TripAdvisor! We are glad that to have exceeded your expectations and deliver to you outstanding accommodations. Thank you!