“Great inside-bad area”

Ranked #15 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Corona, Ca
“Great inside-bad area”
Reviewed 13 September 2005

My family and I stayed there one night while traveling through the area. I made the reservation based on trip advisor reviews. The reviews about the inside of the hotel were right on. Here is my list of pros and cons:

Pros: very, very clean-even the carpets, nice lobby, interior spaces, roomy rooms, cont. breakfast ok, very quiet.

Cons: Location. Large number of homeless people directly behind the hotel. We were nervous about all of our camp gear in the car. However, we walked across the street for dinner and not one of them asked for money, nor did they walk through the parking lot. The only other con was the pillows: very flat, stained (under the case), and generally worn out.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank Micheley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 30 July 2005

I am a very particular mom when it comes to traveling with my 3 young kids. I count on Trip Advisor 100% so the reviews really swayed me. We stayed there last week for one night. Staff was nice, room was clean, interior was top notch but....the neighborhood was less than what I thought. Yes, McDonald's is right next door but I felt very uncomfortable walking over there. It is right off the freeway and just down the road it is industrial. Felt seriously nervous about leaving our car for the night. The front desk said there would be security monitoring the parking lot but I never saw any security personnel. Honestly there was kind of a creepy element walking the neighborhood and surrounding streets. Again, I really scrutinize a place when we travel as a family. Some things are not as important when you travel alone but a safe secure atmosphere is #1 when the kids are in tow. I would look for a place in west Sacramento next time, looks cleaner, less congested.

15 Thank familytravel5
Tifton, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2005

We drove our rental car back from San Francisco to fly out of Sacramento and got into Sac late. We had called the Governor's Inn and gotten a rate of $79 which compared well to the rate on Expedia. We got a pleasant quiet room and a good night's sleep. I need a little more breakfast than was offered, so I went next door to McDonald's, an easy thing to do, as the parking lots are adjacent, and my daughter ate breakfast at the hotel. It was easy to get on I5 and head back to the airport to drop off the car and catch our flight. I didn't use the fitness center for lack of time, but peeked in and it looked nice.

10 Thank momelise
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed 10 July 2005

With a comfortable room, sufficient breakfast, and super helpful staff, we ended up staying an extra night. Enjoyed the pool and small hot tub, and the location is excellent, close to a beautiful park on the river. We'd be happy to stay there again.

21 Thank Debrahart
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2005

Great hotel, very close to downtown Sacramento (next freeway exit out from center of town). The room was clean and was a good size. There was a nice pool with jacuzzi where we took the kids for a splash. A bonus was the McDonalds practically on the premises (good for a snack for the kids here and there). The continental breakfast was nice (cereals, bagels, pastries). The area surrounding the hotel though a bit industrial/commercial. I would stop here again because of the conveniece to downtown.

• Stayed June 2005
24 Thank aussiejo1
Reviewed 3 July 2005

The Governor Hotel is a nice hotel off the I-5 freeway. The room had two queen beds, great for a family of four. The bathroom was average size and the shower had glass doors, no shower curtain. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Overall the hotel is perfect for a one or two night stay and they also offer a continental breakfast in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2005
22 Thank mrkdr
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 June 2005

Compared to other Sac hotels, this place is a great value. Service and friendliness is great, breakfast included, and rooms are spacious, comfortable, and quiet. I've stayed here several times for business-related travel, and have no complaints.

Stayed June 2005