“Second time staying here”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate
Ranked #67 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
“Second time staying here”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is my second time staying at this location in North Sacramento. I read all the bad reviews, but I have to say, I've never encountered any of the negative things the others have to say about this location. My room was EXCEPTIONALLY clean! I always check the bed first when I stay in a hotel and remove the top bed cover. Then I flip on the lights to see if there are any bed bugs. Nothing here, no insects, no hairs, no lint,...just clean fresh smelling sheets. Carpet was clean, even in the corners. The bathroom had NO MOLD on the walls whatsoever. Floor, toilet, bathtub, all clean. The water pressure was great and plenty of hot water. Kitchen was spotless, and the fridge had no odor at all. Yes, there are people who reside here, but they keep to themselves. Yes, it's not in the BEST area of town, just be sure to lock your car and don't leave your valuables in it. Yes you can hear the freeway a little, but it's right off the freeway so that's to be expected. The staff was very helpful and friendly, as they were on my previous stay in 2013. Levi was so nice and helpful with my check in. Check out was easy, and the lady (didn't get her name), was very courteous. She checked my room and started my refund deposit on my credit card. Yes there is a $100 deposit for your stay. I don't believe it's on the website when you make a reservation, if it is, it's small print. As long as you go to the office to check out, and they check your room, the deposit should be easily refunded. I definitely would stay here again and recommend it as a nice clean hotel. When you check into your room, INSPECT it first. If you do not like it, ask to change rooms. Hotels are usually very accommodating and will get you in a different room that is to your standards. As for the "bad element" around, well, it's everywhere. I've stayed at $$$ hotels in Vegas and had my car broken into. It happens. As long as you are aware of your surroundings, park your car close to the office and in the light, and you are in clear sight of your vehicle from your room, AND do not leave anything of value in your car, then you should be okay. Just use common sense. For the price I paid, I was more than satisfied. Keep up the good work Extended Stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise, bottom floors are usually the noisest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you so much for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Horrendous. I know it's a cheap room but it's supposed to be functional...kitchenette, workspace, etc... Missed the mark all the way around. Who puts a desk in a location with NO outlets? Arrived with a week's groceries only to find fridge had not been turned on...lovely for my frozen stuff. And the day of construction...where water to the ENTIRE hotel was turned off...fabulous!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank scrappucinno
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues that you experienced during your stay. I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ntg@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!
Mount Shasta, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I'm not normally picky and its not in my nature to complain to the front desk. They can read this review instead. I cleaned my room as best I could with nose tissue (clean) and tap water. The most work was put into the bathtub and the top of the refrigerator (that was bad). Could the hotel please sweep up the piles of cigarette butts left in the stair wells by the homeless people. I'm assuming they "live" here but I guess I don't really know. They smoke right outside my room and make me step around them while they sit on the stairs. Will I ever learn? With hotels.....you get what you pay for. It is my opinion that children should not stay here. I have already cancelled my reservation for next week. As I said in the title....BE CAREFUL!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Matt H
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Matt - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the odors and level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ntg@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Ozawkie, Kansas
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I look for a place to call home for a few days while I travel around the area sightseeing. I prefer to have breakfast and dinner in the room of which these rooms provide for. I found the staff friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Hotel is served with exterior balconies and exterior room doors of which I prefer. The one centrall...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our friendly, helpful staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The first room I was given was absolutely filthy - bed had been remade, but linens clearly not changed. Lots of hairs both on blanket and in between sheets, on pillowcase. Trash (and dust - indicates a long term problem, not a one-time miss) on floor in bathroom; sink, counter and tub had not been cleaned. Hesitated to touch anything it was so gross.

The second room was slightly better, though still not clean. At least the sheets appeared clean, but there was no blanket on the bed, nor was there a pot to cook with. I had to wash the dishes and cutlery before using because they were not clean, though they were in the cabinet. Open shelf area under the sink/counter in the bathroom had clearly had things spilled on it, but was not cleaned. Sink and counter in bathroom were slightly cleaner than in first room, but still had evidence of previous tenants that was not cleaned off.

The staff person on duty was friendly and helpful (apologized profusely, immediately jumped to get me a new room, and then brought me a pot when it was missing from the second room), but this was awful. They desperately need a new cleaning crew. It's one thing for things to be worn - not a huge problem - But there's no excuse for a dirty hotel room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank TravelLovingLife
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of cleanliness at our hotel. Please know, I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
FB, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel has easy access to everything- the I-80 to downtown, a 3-4 mile drive to Sleep Train Arena on surface roads. It was very comfortable, had very friendly and helpful staff, I loved having a full kitchen. There is no pool or restaurant, but the IHOP next door is open 24 hours. You don't have maid service until the 3rd day, but I'll go back next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor, but it wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff and our convenient location. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed your comfortable bed and fully equipped kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This place is pretty good except for the attitude from the staff member Shaunie. She was very rude. I would stay here again as long as I didn't deal with her. Just because you had to come back into work does not mean you take it out on your customers.

• Stayed January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ramada Sacramento
Ramada Sacramento
#56 of 81 in Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - West Sacramento
Extended Stay America - Sacramen...
#4 of 15 in West Sacramento
Staybridge Suites Sacramento Natomas

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate? Share your experiences!