“very nice hotel”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate
Ranked #73 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had no problems with check in or check out, staff was wonderful and helped me with questions about the area. There was security and the room was clean, stocked with necessities and staff called about 45 minutes after check in and asked if everything was ok with room and if there was anything I needed. I never had staff call my room when I got to my room. This was a first and was pleasantly surprised Only thing I needed was some more coffee. Good rates, access to free way was right there, Was very quiet, absolutely no problems at al!!! will stay again and when I travel I will stay at this hotel chain again...home away from home....that's how I would describe it!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NancyL422
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Nancy - Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" so we are thrilled to hear that we did just that during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were told by the lobby staff to park in the back lot. Our vehicle window was broken out, and all of the things in our truck were stolen. There is not adequate lighting or security in their lot. Be careful if you stay here.

Room Tip: Be careful parking in their lot!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Margo C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the incident that occurred during your stay with us. We will be taking the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen again in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at ntg@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

When arriving at the hotel the elevator was broken.
Took the stairs up to the 3rd floor. Not a big deal things like this happen. I get into the hotel room and use the restroom. I find that there is no toilet paper. I call the front desk and they say I can come pick some up. So AFTER going to the restroom I had to walk three flights of stairs and back up so that I could clean myself.
I realize that night that the internet is broken.
I leave the next morning wanting a refund.
The employee instead of refunding me ended up double charging my card. Not once did anyone there apologize for inconveniences I received.
I called guest relations and they were not sympathetic. They said they would call me back and never did.
I would never recommend anyone I know to stay at such a wretched broken down establishment ever. I never write reviews and rarely complain. But I HAD to tell someone and make sure they know what they could be getting into.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Intro7spectre
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is my second time staying at this location in North Sacramento. I read all the bad reviews, but I have to say, I've never encountered any of the negative things the others have to say about this location. My room was EXCEPTIONALLY clean! I always check the bed first when I stay in a hotel and remove the top bed cover. Then I flip on the lights to see if there are any bed bugs. Nothing here, no insects, no hairs, no lint,...just clean fresh smelling sheets. Carpet was clean, even in the corners. The bathroom had NO MOLD on the walls whatsoever. Floor, toilet, bathtub, all clean. The water pressure was great and plenty of hot water. Kitchen was spotless, and the fridge had no odor at all. Yes, there are people who reside here, but they keep to themselves. Yes, it's not in the BEST area of town, just be sure to lock your car and don't leave your valuables in it. Yes you can hear the freeway a little, but it's right off the freeway so that's to be expected. The staff was very helpful and friendly, as they were on my previous stay in 2013. Levi was so nice and helpful with my check in. Check out was easy, and the lady (didn't get her name), was very courteous. She checked my room and started my refund deposit on my credit card. Yes there is a $100 deposit for your stay. I don't believe it's on the website when you make a reservation, if it is, it's small print. As long as you go to the office to check out, and they check your room, the deposit should be easily refunded. I definitely would stay here again and recommend it as a nice clean hotel. When you check into your room, INSPECT it first. If you do not like it, ask to change rooms. Hotels are usually very accommodating and will get you in a different room that is to your standards. As for the "bad element" around, well, it's everywhere. I've stayed at $$$ hotels in Vegas and had my car broken into. It happens. As long as you are aware of your surroundings, park your car close to the office and in the light, and you are in clear sight of your vehicle from your room, AND do not leave anything of value in your car, then you should be okay. Just use common sense. For the price I paid, I was more than satisfied. Keep up the good work Extended Stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise, bottom floors are usually the noisest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you so much for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Horrendous. I know it's a cheap room but it's supposed to be functional...kitchenette, workspace, etc... Missed the mark all the way around. Who puts a desk in a location with NO outlets? Arrived with a week's groceries only to find fridge had not been turned on...lovely for my frozen stuff. And the day of construction...where water to the ENTIRE hotel was turned off...fabulous!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank scrappucinno

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues that you experienced during your stay. I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ntg@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I'm not normally picky and its not in my nature to complain to the front desk. They can read this review instead. I cleaned my room as best I could with nose tissue (clean) and tap water. The most work was put into the bathtub and the top of the refrigerator (that was bad). Could the hotel please sweep up the piles of cigarette butts left in the stair wells by the homeless people. I'm assuming they "live" here but I guess I don't really know. They smoke right outside my room and make me step around them while they sit on the stairs. Will I ever learn? With hotels.....you get what you pay for. It is my opinion that children should not stay here. I have already cancelled my reservation for next week. As I said in the title....BE CAREFUL!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Matt H
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Matt - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the odors and level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our guest protocol so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, ntg@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I look for a place to call home for a few days while I travel around the area sightseeing. I prefer to have breakfast and dinner in the room of which these rooms provide for. I found the staff friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Hotel is served with exterior balconies and exterior room doors of which I prefer. The one centrall...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Northgate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our friendly, helpful staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.