“Great accessibility to numerous places”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way
Ranked #64 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Pleasant View, Tennessee
“Great accessibility to numerous places”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Just returned from a week at this property. Was pleased with location. Parking lot was well lit. Unit was clean, beds were great. Felt safe with limited access to hotel. Was perfect spot for day trips to numerous sites. San Francisco, Muir Woods, Napa Valley, Sacramento, Yosemite, etc. Look forward to staying at another Extended Stay in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the location of our property as well your accommodations in your guest room. I am happy to here that you felt safe and that we were a perfect place for you to stay at night after taking your day trips. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I called front desk for price per night and was told $52.99 with AAA discount. When I arrived, was told 62.99. I looked online on my iPhone and it stated 57.99 and the lady at the front desk told me I had to book on my iPhone to get that rate and then no AAA rate was available online. By the time I finished booking on the iPhone, there was a change of shift and the new concierge gave me a lower AAA rate.
But the real issue was that I was trying to get away for two nights for peace and quiet to study for a certification exam ( too noisey at home with the whole family). When I parked, a beat up car packed w a ragged looking family asked me for money and said they were homeless. They blocked my way to the lobby. Then I went to the room and noticed another homeless couple sitting at the edge of the parking lot with their pit bull. The next door room was playing loud music. A room down the hall had traffic of men coming and going with bags. I could here the interstate traffic. The Internet was so slow, I couldn't access my study material. The smell of the room was a combination of bleach plus odor masking fragrance which was so intense, my allergies started acting up. Plus the door access is through outdoor hallway outside of the building ( great for trafficking whatever but not so safe for a single female).
I've never done this before but after 45 minutes of deep breathing and trying to calm myself, I went to the lobby and asked for a refund and left.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank parules
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you started off by having such a difficult time reserving the rate that you were quoted. Additionally, I am so sorry that you encountered these type of people at our property. To make sure that this does not happen again, I will be working with my team to eliminate these issues from happening in the future . I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at saw@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
MAGALIA
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I didn't stay here for several years because the hotel was totally run down. After seeing the company advertisement of newly renovated rooms I tried it again. The experience was mixed. The outside looks fine, check-in was friendly and efficient, but the rooms are another story. Indeed, walls are repainted, carpet was replaced as are the curtains and pictures on the wall. But furniture is still the old one with chips and stains; the bathroom door had no new paint; and the "new" carpet left my feet black after walking barefoot. Extended Stay properties were never intended to be a rival of Marriott's Residence Inn or similar longterm stay hotels. The difference is already reflected in the price you pay. But if a hotel advertises a total renovation I expect it to be fairly much on the standard of a new hotel. This one is not. Too bad because the location close to the Arden Mall and lots and lots of shops and restaurants in walking distance is unbeatable.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience was mixed. In response to your feedback, I am conducting a complete sweep of the rooms to determine chipped and stained furniture and carpets needing to be cleaned.
I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at arahimi@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel was great for the price.The staff were prompt and very helpful.The only thing i kinda didnt like was the fact that it didnt have any access to a pool or hot tub at all.Otherwise awesome stay.My daughter also liked the rooms.She stayed a couple days prior to me.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. It's always refreshing to see quality feedback from our valued guests like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Overall, this is a nice and well-priced place to stay for either a few nights or several weeks (as I am doing). The property is also fenced all the way around except for the parking lot entrance (which is on a side street), so security shouldn't be a big concern and I haven't heard or seen any problems... nice if you are traveling with your stuff in a car/trailer (but still use common sense).

Two things to be aware of, though. First, the free wifi is terribly slow... around 200kb/s at all times, day or middle of the night. Do not expect to be able to watch videos or use data-intensive web services, like cloud-based documents, with ease. When you log in to the network, it tells you that you can upgrade the wifi speed for a fee, but when it asks you if you'd like to do this, the options are "No" and "No". I kid you not.

Second thing: The dryers in the laundry are on their last limbs. Even using one of the dryers that are not out of service, the heat they put out is very tepid. No amount of fabric softener will yield wrinkle-free (or even wrinkle-free-ish) results. There are six dryers, and I've been here for several weeks and have watched as they've played "musical chairs" with the dryers -- one week these two or three dryers will be out of service, the next week a different set. All of them are out of service at some point or another, and there's never an instant where more than three or four are working. This is my #1 aggravation with the hotel... I find it disingenuous to keep juggling broken dryers around when common sense would dictate purchasing new ones. For this unscrupulousness I am deducting a star from the four I feel are otherwise warranted.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KitsuneSacto
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Our goal is to provide a consistent, dependable Internet experience which is crucial for our guests who are often staying with us for long periods of time while on business. That's why we have invested so much in a technology infrastructure that supports our guests' internet needs. I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests. In additon I will further investigate and address any issues that may pertain to the dryers not working properly.

Lake Forest, California
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed for 1 night while we visited the state fair. It was close by(1.5 mi.) from the fair. Check in was pleasant and easy. We got a AAA rate. The room was clean. I could hear the freeway, but the air conditioner hum gave me a great night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Excellent room, very clean! We needed a lot of help getting our way around the area and they were able to provide us with very great service, so it made our stay a lot more comfortable! We stayed there for 3 days and since day one they were willing to help us with everything! We need to print some paper work and they were more than happy to do that for us.

• Stayed July 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Arden Way. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.