“Dated & Disappointed”

Ranked #64 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, California
“Dated & Disappointed”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had stayed at that property a year earlier and was extremely satisfied on that stay however, this stay was a totally different and disappointed one. There was a new person every day at the front desk (I stayed for 5 nights), the rooms were very "dated", furniture falling apart and dirty, you had to get your own or order your utensils and dishes from the front desk (they used to already be stocked in the kitchenette-last year). The queen bed had only three pillows instead of four and they were very soft and offered not support, the bath towels were thin and very rough with some lint which ended up on my body sometimes and the kitchenette floor had food (looked like smashed raisins or something-I didn't want to take a close look; just avoided stepping on it). Last year I thought it was a great place, great value but I have since changed my opinion. Might give it another try as it was convenient - next to Arden Fair Mall.

Room Tip: High floors have less traffic so more privacy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay didn't go as well as last year. I am so disappointed to read of the cleanliness issues you had in your kitchen. I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards and procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. As well, I regret to hear that you found our rooms outdated and that your bed and towels were not to your liking. As well, I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by utensils not being in your room upon check-in. Your comments on these issues will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel, so thank you. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at saw2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Minden, Nevada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here 2 nights on a business trip. The staff was very nice at check in. The room was roomy and we really like the kitchen area. The only thing the bed seemed like it was one of the old beds with springs. It was not that comfortable. We didn't sleep as good as we liked But overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Lori - We read your review and would like to thank you for writing such kind things about our hotel and staff. We appreciate you letting us know that you did not find your bed to be comfortable. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service and a nice stay.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I will give 3 Stars for telephone Revelation with very clear words, such as; WALK-IN-SHOWER with grab rails. Office had reserved for room #110 under handicap room with bath tub. The invoice has said, walk in shower in clear print. I had told the clerk about Social worker is coming this way for room inspection. The fear factor had hit them for them to try harder. So room 145 has 2 beds for extra charge that including walk in shower. Because of their screwed up, this price has kept the same as former room 110 with 1 bed. Because of our home bathroom is being remodeling with bath tub removed that replace to new walk in shower. My mother healing upper leg from major injury. She was release from skill nursing home. Another reason of low stars rating, they promise to bring all of kitchen equipments. No forks and still no toaster as they has promise. Black lady in office was very nice and polite. And by the way, they offered FREE-INTERNET service, but; your ISP is around dial up speed for free. If you want their high speed at just only 3.0 mbps. for extra fees. I get 30.0 mbps. at home for less cost. And by the way, room were clean, as not bad at all, with lack of service.

Room Tip: All of motels & hotels are lacking proper handicap rooms by around one tenth percentage out of r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stanley32999
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Stanley - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are very sorry that you experienced difficulties during check-in; however, we are glad that we were able to accommodate you in a clean, comfortable room. We also apologize that your custom kitchen package was not delivered to your room in a timely manner. We will be working with our front desk staff to ensure that we have an efficient check-in process and that our kitchenware is being delivered promptly.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, at saw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
CA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Terrible customer service, different person at the front desk everyday. No communication between clerks. A/C didn't work. Tried cancelling during the middle of a 7 day stay and was told no refunds or cancellations. Finally got moved to a new room with A/C. No early check-in. Check-in is at 3p.m.. Staff is rude and doesn't really care if you have a good stay or not.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank dbsturla
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you received such poor service from our staff. To prevent this from happening again, my team is reviewing our customer service standards to prevent your experience from being repeated. As well, I am sorry to hear that the air conditioning in your room wasn't working. I will also be meeting with our maintenance staff to resolve this issue. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at saw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Benicia, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to, but less expensive then the hotel down the street where I was attending an event. The room was clean and nice sized. However there was no shampoo, lotion or a hair dryer in the room. I had a dryer but had to ask for shampoo at the desk. The "breakfast" was a packaged muffin, apple and some coffee to take back to your room. I was quite upset that they charged my credit card for a $100 deposit for the "security" of things in the room and 9 days later I don't have it credited to my account. (In fairness she did say 7-10 business days but I don't understand why it was necessary). My room faced the street and on Saturday lots of bikers made a lot of noise when they stopped at the light and then took off again. It did look like there were several "permanent" residents there and I felt a bit strange but had no problem other than someone not cleaning up after their very large dog on the 2nd floor walkway. There was also a warning label on the window sill if you opened the window that keeping it open could be dangerous. I will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing Arden Way.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank frosty888
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and your spacious, clean room during your visit with us. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with our deposit policy and our grab-and-go breakfast. As well, I am sorry that you did not have a hair dryer or toiletries in your room when you arrived; however, these items are always available at the front desk upon request. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really value your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Orem, Utah
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had stayed here before and everything was OK so I tried it again. Not so lucky this time. Check-in went fine and on first appearance of the room it seemed OK until I looked closer. Things seemed to be clean until I looked at the bathroom sink. There were several small black dots on it. When I swished some water on them some of them went down the drain. When I rubbed some of the ones that remained they smeared. It seems to me it must have been make up. So obviously the sink had not been cleaned. Also the toilet had not been scrubbed in a very long time. A handle on one of the cabinets was missing a screw so the handle was hanging upside down. There was no wash cloth, towel or dish soap to clean the dishes with. The front of the drawer on the table along side of the bed was broken off and laying on the floor. Seems to me either they have new staff who don't know their jobs or they're just lazy and don't care. This will be my last stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dale K
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had a business meeting at mcclellan and am from out of town. I booked this hotel because it was suggested among others and was cheap. When I checked in there were alot of shady people milling about the parking lot. The room was okay, but had that cheap hotel fragrance that they use to cover up orders. Sure enough I went to my car the next morning and about $500 in personal possessions were gone. I filed a police report, and contacted the manager who said he would look at the surveillance tapes and call me back. I tried calling him at 5pm but he had already left the building. I was also charged for the second night which I did not stay. While looking for my stuff around the area, I was confronted by security from a nearby business and was told that there had previously been a murder there..STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...not safe!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Maddmatt2
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Arden Way, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the loss of your items. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, saw@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.