“TERRIBLE!!!”

Econo Lodge - Sacramento / 16th St.
Ranked #50 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have to be in Sacramento between 7.06.2014-14.06.2014 because of my presentation there.Then I booked this hotel from booking.com for 7 days on March 2014.I received an e-mail from booking.com that includes my confirmation number.However, just in case I sent a confirmation e-mail to the director(Minesh Patel) of this hotel in May 2014.I just wanted to be sure that my reservation is ok.He answered me and said "it's ok". When I went to the Sacramento on 7th of june 2014.I faced with a BAD surprise!!!I went to the hotel and show my print out and gave them my confirmation number.They didn't find my reservation!!! I checked many times and show them their director's e- mail but they said they didn't see my reservation on their system. After overseas flight as you can imagine, I got stressed and felt very bad. I didn't know what I have to do.They said if I want, I can stay there only 2 days.Of course I accepted this offer because I didn't know anywhere.After 2 days I found another hotel and moved there.Booking.com trird to help me but Econo Lodge didn't do anything to fix this situation!!!!! Don't Stay there!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank gdeniz
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge - Sacramento / 16th St.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Even though you have a reservation through bookingcom and a confirmation email from the hotel manager received a month ago, because they have oversold the hotel, they will ask you to leave on your 2nd day of stay while you still have 5 more days...

Definetly no ethics, no customer satisfaction, nothing. Never, ever go there again... Hotel manager could not even come to the frontdesk to deal with this situation. Shame on you!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank tunca
Minesh P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Sacramento / 16th St., responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I am very sorry for the difficulty with your reservation during your recent visit. Apparently there was an error in receiving the reservation from booking.com, and thus we did not have your reservation in our system.

I am sorry we were only able to accommodate you for a portion of your stay.

Minesh Patel

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My room 109 had bed bugs. I checked everywhere when i checked in but they only come out at night. By 11pm one was crawling on the bed, one behind the wall by the tv and one next to the door. Told the manager and since there was no more rooms available he found me a place at Best western. Of course i had to pay but got refunded at Econo. Never staying there again totally GROSS and i bet anything they didnt fog the room cause thats the only way to get rid of these things.im telling you now no matter what they say, they have a bed bug problem. this hotel had prostitutes and people sceaming and hollaring in the next room. Its ghetto.

Room Tip: check for bugs art night
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ben O
Reviewed 2 November 2013

OK, so if you are paying $44 for a room, you can't expect a Hilton. This actually was better than I expected (I made an online reservation to get a better price). Carpet needed vacuuming, but the linens were clean, the furniture in good condition and there even was a mini-fridge and microwave. All the necessities were in place. Neighborhood isn't too bad--I felt safe walking to a store nearby for some groceries. A little hard to find given that it's on a one-way street, though. Nice man at the front desk helped direct me to a cafe with Wifi (hotel Wifi was down). Was approached by a shady individual as I left but this happens anywhere in a city.

Room Tip: It's a noisy street corner, avoid a front-side, ground level room as traffic will shake and echo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

EconoLodge in Sacremento is almost inn the center of the city. We were driving around trying to find a place to sleep for the night. At first we asked the hotel across the street, but it was to expensive. At EconoLodge we had to pay 74 $ and this room was very nice. Big refrigerator, table and chairs. Bathtop and a seperate room for the sink. If you don’t need luxury this place is very cosy and we will definitely recommend it to others.The room was a smoking room but it didn’t smell that much of smoke.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bailando81
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Jeez, people. It's a fifty dollar hotel room, not the Ritz!

We grabbed a bunch of rooms here after driving in from Reno for a monthly dance night in Sacramento because they were cheap and in a great location for walking around Midtown.

One of our companions brought a "CSI Light" and gave the rooms a once-over. No bodily fluids were found.
The rooms were shabby, but clean.
They did smell a little old & musty, but the windows opened and you could get a nice breeze going that freshened up the room in about three minutes.
The wifi was pretty sporadically sucky.
Shower was hot and had good water pressure.
Staff was very nice, but only talked to them at check-in/check-out.
Did not have the breakfast, but my friends said it was the ever present Coffee & Cheese Horns™ that you find at cheap hotels nationwide.

Honestly, if you just need a clean bed to crash for a night after clubbing and a shower in the morning, you can't go wrong with this cheapie.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Chose this hotel because of location on the map to our Dr. appointment. There are other hotels close (across the street) but the Tripadvisor reviews were better for this one. I can't imagine how that could be! Our first clue should have been the bars on the windows downstairs. The chemical cleaner smell about knocks you over when you open the door. We had to air the place out before we could relax. Thank goodness we were on the 3rd floor and didn't have to worry about the "loitering locals" walking in. The carpet could have been cleaner, better dusting would have been nice. The bathroom was just plain dirty, with old paint and dirt on the toilet paper holder along with everything else. There is a small tub/shower that would have been ok if they had had one of those curved curtain hangers. Didn't appreciate having the curtain stick to me when I turned around! The bed and pillows were comfortable except that the shallow fitted sheet kept coming off the mattress corners all night. Spent most of the night worried about our vehicle since there was no fence and people used the parking lot as access from some apartments in back, to the street. The TV and the WiFi worked sporatically. We even asked for new batteries thinking it was the remote. The complimentary breakfast was ridiculous, only coffee, juice & rolls! Then there is only 2 chairs in the lobby (facing the managers desk) with NO table to put your stuff on.
I do have to say that the managers were very nice, helpful about the area, and pleasant to talk to. We will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple